What's new

Why there are no powerful Punjabi Muslims from History?

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's funny how Muslim invaders from Afghanistan and Uzbekistan found little or no resistance from places like Punjab ( both Pakistani and Indian parts ) as well as Haryana during their invasions.

Both these regions are jatt/jaat and gujjar dominated . These people are known to be strong and fighters. Even today that is the case.In fact the invaders found much more resistance from Rajputs of Rajasthan.

Anyway, Raja Puru (Porus) , the rulers of Sikh empire and Bhagat Singh have saved the Punjabi pride somewhat if you look at history.

ranjit singh would be angry for what you wrote.

I didn't tell anything.

I asked why certain preconceptions are made about Punjabis.

The only reason Indian army has any balls is because of Punjabis.

Likewise I hear crap regarding to how Pakistan army is 95 percent Punjabi here on PDF.

So which one is it?

Nobody is questioning the balls of Indian Punjabis. this thread is about muslims punjabis. Check the title again. . Everybody knows what Porus(Hindu) did and what the Sikh empire achieved .

About the Indian army , you have no idea what you are talking about. Without the Rajputs of Rajasthan , Gurkhas , jatt regiments and Maratha regiment , this army would be nothing.

Ofcourse, the Sikh regiment is one of THE most important regiments in our army.

read dalrymple's return of the king for a vivid unadulturated history of what happened in punjab during the c1700-1900.

ranjit singh would be angry for what you wrote.

I am sorry , but you need to read the last line of my post again. I said the rulers of the Sikh empire have salvaged some Punjabi pride along with Porus and Bhagat Singh and may be a few others.

My question basically was why the Ghouris , Ghaznavis , Baburs and Timurs met little resistance in Punjab and Haryana ( before anyone gets angry , I myself have Haryanvi ancestry)

I've read its believed in Pakistani army that Punjabi generals don't have the temerity to attack india , only pushtoon or urdu speakers do.

I didn't tell anything.

I asked why certain preconceptions are made about Punjabis.

The only reason Indian army has any balls is because of Punjabis.

Likewise I hear crap regarding to how Pakistan army is 95 percent Punjabi here on PDF.

So which one is it?

What nonsense you are talking, Indian Army consists of many martial races who are fear some and known for valor.

Sikhs, Rajputs, Garhwalis, Mahars, Gurkhas, Dogras and so forth—correspond to these classes. Each class has an elaborate tradition anchored in the "martial" history of particular caste or ethnic group

In Ancient India Warrior clan is know as Kshatriya and their business is War and Peace. Even Nazi's when they are formulating ideologies, they thought of imitating Kshatriya life style,Nazism has nothing to so with Kshatriya ideology .

Didn't British recruit Pashtuns in army for the military action in FATA against other Pashtuns.

They did and those pashtuns were never that much respected by us. The khattaks are called beghairat by other tribes of pashtuns, because they joined british indian army and participated in operations against other pashtuns. Niazis did the same (you must have heard of tiger niazi)..today in Pak army most of the pashtuns are from same Peshawer and kohat divisions as were in british times.
History is repeating itself but this time pashtuns in pak army have a reason to fight against other pashtuns, they are terrorist talibans who do sucide bombings, kidnappings , beheading etc....
The pashtun officers in pak army are of complete fauji mindset, must be singing some patriotic songs, trained and groomed as rigid faujis in kakool academy. But lower rank pashtun soldiers of sipahi, hawaldar level are simple ones, not much in spirit to fight against muslims of same ethnicity, they are just doing duty for salary...only your country motivates them and keep them in spirit.

If I got a dollar everytime a Pakistani punjabi called me.......

BTW Jatt_gutts - Pakistan today has parts of Afghanistan not because of Pakistani Punjabis but because of the british.

I think "martial race" title was not given to every warrior caste/tribe. Those who had martial character and were loyal as soldiers....I think baloch were not awarded martial race status despite having martial character because they were not reliable as disciplined and loyal soldiers.

If I got a dollar everytime a Pakistani punjabi called me.......

BTW Jatt_gutts - Pakistan today has parts of Afghanistan not because of Pakistani Punjabis but because of the british.

n the british inherited it from ranjit singhs empire.

Jats/Jatts are not considered as kshatriyas by rajputs.....

haryana........now dont say haryana is punjab.........:D

hell no...its punjab.. since i started watching the games it was always punjab or services( many punjabis winning medals for services) and even chandigarh always there with most medals or in top few with much lesser population.

I think "martial race" title was not given to every warrior caste/tribe. Those who had martial character and were loyal as soldiers....I think baloch were not awarded martial race status despite having martial character because they were not reliable as disciplined and loyal soldiers.

its hard for non martial people to digest the fact. they simply find excuses.

I am sorry , but you need to read the last line of my post again. I said the rulers of the Sikh empire have salvaged some Punjabi pride along with Porus and Bhagat Singh and may be a few others.

My question basically was why the Ghouris , Ghaznavis , Baburs and Timurs met little resistance in Punjab and Haryana ( before anyone gets angry , I myself have Haryanvi ancestry)

because they did nothing to punjab. they looted places like som nath in gujrat and delhi. much of the loot were later recovered. somnath gate is still used at golden temple which sikhs snached from afghans.

Better than rest in serving the interests of foreign powers, namely the british and their successors, in the region.

He never defeated the Greeks. He surrendered to Alexander. You really need to check your historically incorrect facts.

Afghans always wore Shalwar Kameez due to Afghanistan's close proximity to Iran (Persia) and its cultural influence. Shalwar Kameez is a Persian dress.

Half of Kashmir in Pakistan because of Pashtuns.

BTW, this isn't even 25% of Afghanistan of Ahmed Shah Durrani, so what "half" are you talking about:

586px-Sikh_Empire.JPG

Durrani empire at its height:

Afgempdur.jpg

Not really, they still serve foreign interests in the region like good mercenaries.

You mean "punjabis if in british/foreign army are better soldiers". Seems like the pride of serving a foreign master is still as strong as it was on day one.

By the sound of that, Lahore and Amritsar must rival Dubai and Tokyo.

That is disputed amongst many scholars.

porus did defeated alexander for the first time . and no iranians dont wear shalwar kamig. i have never seen any iranian wearing shalwar kamig. pashtoons use to wear small skirt type clothese before. regarding punjabis being good soldier british have written books on it. amrtisar and lahore may not rival dubai( dubai was **** before oil was found give us that much oil and c). it was riches of punjab that lured people from outside to settle or conquer it. punjab is still better than rest in india or pakistan. come in real world and see outside. fairy tales of past aside punjabis even today are strongest of the rest. our heros are bhagat singh, ranjit singh, hari singh nalwa, udham singh and kartar singh saraba.. we fought for independence not sit on fast or begged for indepence. or like pakistani non punjabis were ever be wannabes like israelis or arabs ot whatever. punjabis were always proud and hard workers this is why we were always in better state then rest.

five-children-killed-in-haripur-accident-1351494105-2230.jpg

haripur in NWFP named after famous sikh general who conquered these areas

719px-Mansehra_District_SubDiv.svg_.png

district manshera named after mansher singh

porus did defeated alexander for the first time . and no iranians dont wear shalwar kamig. i have never seen any iranian wearing shalwar kamig. pashtoons use to wear small skirt type clothese before. regarding punjabis being good soldier british have written books on it. amrtisar and lahore may not rival dubai( dubai was **** before oil was found give us that much oil and c). it was riches of punjab that lured people from outside to settle or conquer it. punjab is still better than rest in india or pakistan. come in real world and see outside. fairy tales of past aside punjabis even today are strongest of the rest. our heros are bhagat singh, ranjit singh, hari singh nalwa, udham singh and kartar singh saraba.. we fought for independence not sit on fast or begged for indepence. or like pakistani non punjabis were ever be wannabes like israelis or arabs ot whatever. punjabis were always proud and hard workers this is why we were always in better state then rest.

Shalwar kameez is dress of Afghanistan, pashtuns. Dhoti is dress of you punjabis, we introduced you to shalwar kameez. Our dress got modified into kurta pajama in india.
the circuler kameez you are talking about us, is wear for attan as in such dance you have to spin. Have you seen dress of turkish sufi dervesh dance, it is also circuler type as you have to spin also in that dance.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom