What's new

Why the Tejas-1A will be a lethal option for the IAF

What utter drivel is this? "In the future" as in now? The EL/M-2032 MMR on board the LCA is capable of locking onto targets at BVR range (>80km range).

No it is not.

IAF officials have gone on record saying that LCA lacks EW suite, mid-air refuelling capability and the ability to fire BVR missiles. I will take the word of professionals over some anonymous poster.

You said the Tejas was unable to fire any A2A missile in the reply you gave above and I was addressing this.

I said said both LCA and F-16 are single engine fighters but while the F-16 can engage in BVR combat and can carry nuclear strike the LCA cannot do the same. That HAL bhakt disagreed.

So if you are also saying TEJAS can fight BVR then please don't comment further, it's a humble request. I got no time for trolls.

IAF officials have gone on record saying that LCA lacks EW suite, mid-air refuelling capability and the ability to fire BVR missiles. I will take the word of professionals over some anonymous poster.

At that point that may have been true (a few years back) but the FOC is clear- IFR and BVR engagements at >80KM are a MUST. The latest the LCA will prove this capability is March 2016- end of story.

I said said both LCA and F-16 are single engine fighters but while the F-16 can engage in BVR combat and can carry nuclear strike the LCA cannot do the same. That HAL bhakt disagreed.
Well I'm categorically telling you it CAN, to believe otherwise (and that the IAF would be in the process of inducting it without this most basic of capability) is beyond absurd.

The latest the LCA will prove this capability is March 2016- end of story.

The BVR capability of LCA is a promise, not a reality. There is many a slip between cup and lip. Until and unless LCA demonstrates without any doubt that it can fire BVR missiles it will be known as a fighter lacking this capability.

Well I'm categorically telling you it CAN, to believe otherwise (and that the IAF would be in the process of inducting it without this most basic of capability) is beyond absurd.

What is absurd is you are claiming on something which itself is claimed will happen in future. Let LCA prove it can fire BVR missiles, after that we talk.

Last edited:
The BVR capability of LCA is a promise, not a reality. There is many a slip between cup and lip. Until and unless LCA demonstrates without any doubt that it can fire BVR missiles it will be known as a fighter lacking this capability.

What is absurd is you are claiming on something which itself is claimed will happen in future. Let LCA prove it can fire BVR missiles, after that we talk.
What is with this fixation with BVR capability? This is not a particularly hard capability for the LCA to add- the MMR onboard the LCA is a proven off the shelf product and the LCA has demonstrated missile release with no issues. What was preventing appropriate validation till now was the limited range offered by the radome and thus it was not worth testing BVR missiles at 40-50km, now the new radome has been delivered and integrated it will be a case of tieing all the individual elements together and proving it officially.

This is now nothing more than a formality.

Even Russians have highlighted there AESA in MAKS but Chinese made it like ,its a ground shaking tech

It seems as if the Zhuk AE is more "groundbreaking" for the Russians, considering that it is their only family of fighter-borne AESA radars that have completed development.

It seems as if the Zhuk AE is more "groundbreaking" for the Russians, considering that it is their only family of fighter-borne AESA radars that have completed development.
Forgetting the
N036 Byelka Radar

What is with this fixation with BVR capability?

Are you serious or are you getting desperate?

If you don't understand the significance of BVR capability in 21st century air combat then please don't waste my time with your baseless fantasies. It only shows you know nothing.

This is not a particularly hard capability for the LCA to add-

They failed to add it in 32 years so I would say it is particularly hard.

This is now nothing more than a formality.

:omghaha::omghaha::omghaha::omghaha::omghaha:

Really.

Don't show me an obscure mick up model. Show me the photo of an LCA in the air refueling.

mike up!!!?? that is a photo from HAL. and the photo is a prototype of tajes.
Again wrong facts. LCA cannot fire BVR missiles and it has been repeatedly highlighted in the news articles whose links I have posted here numerous times.
it is you or HAL scientists who know better about tajes??

Maybe tajes can, Tejas cannot.

And if you think Tejas can carry a nuclear payload then don't comment further because you are an idiot.

nuclear bombs are carried by deep penetration strike aircraft. tajes is an air defense FA. there is no need for tajes to carry a nuclear bomb... we have netter twin engined FA for it.

Are you serious or are you getting desperate?

If you don't understand the significance of BVR capability in 21st century air combat then please don't waste my time with your baseless fantasies. It only shows you know nothing.
Did I say BVR detection and strike were not needed or not going to be an essential part of the LCA's capabilities? What I asked is why you are so fixated on a moot point, an issue that simply HAS to be proven on the LCA in the next few weeks/months and all the individual components now exist for it to occur. It is a mere formality and yet you are hell-bent on judging the LCA program by this one arbitrary measure?

Back
Top Bottom