What's new

Why Should Burqa be banned in India?

Bombay Dude

BANNED
Reaction score
Burqa-clad woman escaped with baby: Cops

In a glaring instance of the shoddy security system prevailing in the state government hospitals, a two-day-old baby is reported to have been stolen from the Chittaranjan National Medical College and Hospital at Park Circus area in central Kolkata on Friday.

The police has recovered a CCTV footage by which they have learnt that a woman wearing a burqa sneaked into the hospital premises and ran away with the baby.

According to hospital records, Taneeja Fathima had given birth to a baby boy late Wednesday night. According to sources, Taneeja had introduced to the hospital authorities a woman who used to take care of her and the baby. However, this woman was seen running away with the baby in the CCTV footage.

Medical Superintendent of the hospital Pratha Pratim Pradhan has registered a complaint with Beniapukur Police station after Taneeja alleged that her baby has been stolen. A team of Detective Department of Kolkata Police on Sunday started investigation into the matter.

The hospital authorities have alleged the burqa-clad woman fled with the baby. However, police said they are also looking at other possibilities.

“We have taken the description of the suspect woman and a sketch has been prepared,” said a police official.

Taneeja’s relatives claimed she was drugged before the mysterious woman escaped with the baby.

According to hospital sources, the mysterious woman had come to the maternity ward to see Taneeja on Friday afternoon while she was sleeping and had identified herself as Taneeja’s cousin.

Parthapratim Burman, superintendent of the hospital said, “The suspected woman was introduced to us as the mother’s cousin. Moreover, she used to take care of the patient and feed the baby also. We are investigating into the matter and have formed an enquiry team also.”

Burqa-clad woman escaped with baby: Cops - Indian Express

Burqa clad thieves steal jewellery worth R 70,000

Bhopal: A five-member gang of burqa clad thieves escaped after stealing jewellery worth Rs 70,000 under Tilajamalpura police station areas on Wednesday to the astonishment of police and the shop owner.

The theft, however, was caught in the Close Circuit Camera installed the shop but their identity could not be established as their faces were covered by the burqa. According to the police, the thieves entered the shop and began to see different kinds of the ornaments.

The unsuspecting show owner showed them the best qualities to convince them to purchase. They, however, left the shop after sometime without generating any suspicion.

Later, when shop owner Avinash Sony tired to rearrange the ornaments, he found jwellry worth Rs 70,000 was found missing forcing him to have a look at the CCC footage. To his astonishment he found the burqa clad women had stolen the jewellery.

Burqa clad thieves steal jewellery worth Rs 70,000 - www.daily.bhaskar.com

Could be used by Islamic Terrorists in Terrorist Attacks Tomorrow!

I dnt think its right choice ...... They have their own culture and we should respect each and every ones culture

But interesting to see Pakistani members comments cause some days before all of them justifying same action taken by China :lol:

Never Mind...we are democracy..and number of votes count a lot...I hope you understand..

Burqa is part of Indian culture, just because a few incidents like this you cant ban it.
But that hospital could have banned face veil in the premises, so that people can see the intruder.
Also, I read somewhere it was not a burqa lady but somebody else who was responsible.

---------- Post added at 12:03 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:02 AM ----------

Burqa helps in spreading "love" in places like hyderabad, I would be completely opposed to any such ban

Not a right thing to do !! this will send a wrong message towards Muslim community , we should all respect their faith ....and frankly this won't happen here though it is happening everywhere in Europe

But lately burqa has been Misused by thugs,theives that makes it a concern

if you ban burqa just because it can be used by 'islamic terrorists' then expect far worse from middle east in future

religious intolerance fuels more and more anger and dont expect it to be one sided

if a muslim lady doesnt want her face to be revealed then its her 'personal choice', you can grab and tear it off from her body..

who wears it anyway the young muslim girls atleast of my city hate them like anything have never seen a burqa wearing girl in my college or school

if you ban burqa just because it can be used by 'islamic terrorists' then expect far worse from middle east in future

religious intolerance fuels more and more anger and dont expect it to be one sided

if a muslim lady doesnt want her face to be revealed then its her 'personal choice', you can grab and tear it off from her body..

Not Happening so just chill

we Respect Our people and their faith's better than Any nation

After reading Quran, you are asking Who is Allah? :lol:

And by banning burqa u think that these robberies will stop? i dont think so...its a personal choice if women want to wear it,u shouldnt force them to take it off.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom