What's new

Why Pakistan's Shan masalas have a cult following in India

no thank you to these pre-made stuff. god knows what concotion they put in.

Best make at home; much fresher and always good.

Might've heard of them in passing but had no idea.. not too useful in the kitchen and mostly veggie here so..

MDH Chunky Chaat Masala is the bomb, hard to find where I am atm but that stuff is insane, just sprinkle a hint over your desi salads, nimbu pyaz mirch type super basic tikka sides, or even sprinkle a hint on you tikkas, kebabs and you're good.

View attachment 650440

not sure if it makes it way to Pakistan but give it a go if you come across it, those of you in the US, I'll bet you can find it in stores where subcontinent people grab their spices. Seen a few in Canada and the US which weren't even Indian owned but they use the "India" name.. so Bangladeshis, Indians and Pakistanis all know where to buy desi shite lol
If i recall, did they not use sudan red which is a carcinogen; it was recalled long back.

I don't know about India but in my house, we have been using Pakistani masala since time immemorial.

Some of the masala brands that we like are Sanfaz, Mehraan, Ahmed & National in no particular order.

Ahmed and National make some succulent mango achaar too.

We always have the 1 kg tub of pickle handy at home.

Currently, I can literally see adverts of Masalas at the top of this thread. The names are Kings, Shan, (yes, it's Shan and not Shaan) Priya and TRS.

Who else is seeing these adverts?

Looks like Indian masala companies mostly cater to vegetarian segment

So for meat dishes Pakistani masala preferred

food colourant.
right.

but do try some Chunky Chat Masala from MDH if you ever get the chance though !

not used in the cooking process, it's an 'after the fact' use product only.. sprinkle a wee bit on your desi tikkas and salads to begin with and see if it's your thing.

chicken-tikka_650x400_71502696435.jpg

Currently, I can literally see adverts of Masalas at the top of this thread. The names are Kings, Shan, (yes, it's Shan and not Shaan) Priya and TRS.

Who else is seeing these adverts?

What else from Pakistan is famous in India. Seems like Pakistan cotton casual and party wear dresses are a rage. And maybe some other food stuff...

COKE studio Pakistan is well received with millions of views from India, others too like Nescafe Basement.

https://www.thenews.com.pk/tns/detail/557142-pakistani-products-received-excellent-response-delhi

https://www.dawn.com/news/1131187

What else from Pakistan is famous in India. Seems like Pakistan cotton casual and party wear dresses are a rage. And maybe some other food stuff...

COKE studio Pakistan is well received with millions of views from India, others too like Nescafe Basement.
I think more than the products, Pakistani artists are famous in India. I personally don't know of any Pakistani based product that I came across or maybe I might've come across it without realizing that this is from Pakistan. For example, this was the first time I knew that Pakistan exports salt to India and that there is huge mountain range called Salt Range in Pakistan that has deposits of rock salt.

I think more than the products, Pakistani artists are famous in India. I personally don't know of any Pakistani based product that I came across or maybe I might've come across it without realizing that this is from Pakistan. For example, this was the first time I knew that Pakistan exports salt to India and that there is huge mountain range called Salt Range in Pakistan that has deposits of rock salt.

Pakistan exports cement to India as well.

Pakistan exports float glass used in building's cladding to India, many things more but all that trade is through a third party and not direct trade it seems...

Actually for Indian Punjab it is much cheaper to buy from Pak Punjab than from far flung Maha or other Indian states and vice versa.

Pakistan exports float glass used in building's cladding to India, many things more but all that trade is through a third party and not direct trade it seems...

Actually for Indian Punjab it is much cheaper to buy from Pak Punjab than from far flung Maha or other states and vice versa.
Yeah that would have been more affordable for Indian Punjab, Haryana, etc as well as Pakistan Punjab if India and Pakistan had friendly relations. But even if we had friendly relations, there is the tariff issue as well and I honestly don't know the charging of that and all that stuff. But yes, products that are easily available in Pakistan could've been exported to India at low cost and similarly India could've exported products to Pakistan at low cost. It wouldn't just have been restricted to products but would've crossed into IT domain as well where Indian companies might've set up bases in Pakistan.

Actually for Indian Punjab it is much cheaper to buy from Pak Punjab than from far flung Maha or other Indian states and vice versa.
We get cement here from Pak as well.

Yeah that would have been more affordable for Indian Punjab, Haryana, etc as well as Pakistan Punjab if India and Pakistan had friendly relations. But even if we had friendly relations, there is the tariff issue as well and I honestly don't know the charging of that and all that stuff. But yes, products that are easily available in Pakistan could've been exported to India at low cost and similarly India could've exported products to Pakistan at low cost. It wouldn't just have been restricted to products but would've crossed into IT domain as well where Indian companies might've set up bases in Pakistan.

Indo-Pak trade potential stands at $37 billion: World Bank

https://www.dawn.com/news/1434829

But for the dimwitted politicians and the deep state, and the egotistic and shortsighted people.

Back
Top Bottom