What's new

Why Pakistan's Shan masalas have a cult following in India

Most of the spices and herbs used in this sub-continent are the produce of India. Your only monopoly is in Himalayan salt which is found in abundance naturally. Even that is not properly marketed by Pakistanis.

Fake paid news by leftist tabloid... seems like pakistanis r unaware how media works.. this is a way to advertise...
India is literal mother of spices... never seen heard any Indian using pakistani masala crap...

Mostly Indians use mixture of organic spices grinder at home and for urban areas lots of Indian brands with every type of masala u can think or even cant think...

Most of the spices and herbs used in this sub-continent are the produce of India. Your only monopoly is in Himalayan salt which is found in abundance naturally. Even that is not properly marketed by Pakistanis.
I think Pakistan really lacks in marketing skills. China is the master in marketing.

Anyway, that guy didn't even know that Ayurveda is completely different from masala products.

I asked because I have seen Pakistanis calling Afghans as namak-haraams so I got confused about who he was alluding to.

Pakistan really sells salt to India? That's news to me and good for you. Wonder why doesn't India have its own salt mines.

I read somewhere that indian companies market it as finished product .

I read somewhere that indian companies market it as finished product .
Just checked on the net and found that Pakistan actually has a mountain range called 'Salt Range' where there are a lot of salt deposits.

Generalized-regional-tectonic-map-of-the-Salt-Range-Pakistan-modified-after-Kazmi-and.png

Fake paid news by leftist tabloid... seems like pakistanis r unaware how media works.. this is a way to advertise...
India is literal mother of spices... never seen heard any Indian using pakistani masala crap...

Mostly Indians use mixture of organic spices grinder at home and for urban areas lots of Indian brands with every type of masala u can think or even cant think...

it’s not about India not having spices, but the lack of spice combination or a formula to make a dish tasty.

indian food is gross in the US and catered to whites. Plus the hing bhartis use in every dish is intolerable.

fake news lol must contain animal excrement for a full satisfying flavour of India

:rofl:

That's what we feel about Pakistani restaurants in the US...also, restaurants in general use custom made masalas using their own blend of spices rather than buying an off-the-shelf brand. If it's a chain or franchise, spices and recipes are usually supplied from a centralized distribution unit

Shan is good for recipes which are native to Pak. Of course they can't make South Indian or North Eastern or Bengali spice blends or masalas
Fortunately the Pakistani restaurant here in Brisbane is awesome especially
Nashta
Nihari
And paye :cheesy: and they also use custom spices
Would love to see more of them especially on the coast where I live.

Our products are popular bcos 100% cow piss free.....

Was really surprised to see this thread.
I always try to buy Shaan masala wherever I go.
Hands down the best there is...!

that's a bit harsh.
Well The person you quoted is harsh by nature...lol...!
It’s expected from Rezzy!

Might've heard of them in passing but had no idea.. not too useful in the kitchen and mostly veggie here so..

MDH Chunky Chaat Masala is the bomb, hard to find where I am atm but that stuff is insane, just sprinkle a hint over your desi salads, nimbu pyaz mirch type super basic tikka sides, or even sprinkle a hint on you tikkas, kebabs and you're good.

upload_2020-7-12_21-8-46.jpeg

not sure if it makes it way to Pakistan but give it a go if you come across it, those of you in the US, I'll bet you can find it in stores where subcontinent people grab their spices. Seen a few in Canada and the US which weren't even Indian owned but they use the "India" name.. so Bangladeshis, Indians and Pakistanis all know where to buy desi shite lol

Back
Top Bottom