What's new

Why Pakistan should be wary of IAF's MiG-29UPG deployment

Theparadox

Reaction score
Country
India

The cost of converting the MiG-29 to the MiG-29UPG is said to be $15 million each while new Su-30mki costs $65 million, new MiG-35 more than $50 mn. Why don't we buy more old MiG-29s from other countries and upgrade them?

The only thing I hate about Mig-29s are its smokey engine.

I hear 16 Malaysian Mig-29s are for sale at a very cheap price, maybe we should buy them and upgrade them here.

The cost of converting the MiG-29 to the MiG-29UPG is said to be $15 million each while new Su-30mki costs $65 million, new MiG-35 more than $50 mn. Why don't we buy more old MiG-29s from other countries and upgrade them?

The Russians have offered a squadron's worth of second-hand jets which can be upgraded.

The problem is the low service life of the older jets. And we haven't reached such a low point where we are forced to operate second-hand jets.

The Taiwanese M-2000s are also a good option.

The only thing I hate about Mig-29s are its smokey engine.

The new Series 3 engines are considerably less smoky.

I hear 16 Malaysian Mig-29s are for sale at a very cheap price, maybe we should buy them and upgrade them here.

Yeah, it's a very good option, along with the Russian offer of 1 squadron. That's 37 jets in total, enough for 2 squadrons. We can at least get 15 years out of the old airframes.

The problem is the low service life of the older jets. And we haven't reached such a low point where we are forced to operate second-hand jets.

If we're looking for war within next 5yrs or so then i believe buying more MiG-29UPG is good & cheaper option until MCA replace them in 10 yrs. And MMRCA will take time, suppose if we sign the deal in 2020 then the first aircraft will come in 2023.

worry
monkey-balls.jpeg

If we're looking for war within next 5yrs or so then i believe buying more MiG-29UPG is good & cheaper option until MCA replace them in 10 yrs. And MMRCA will take time, suppose if we sign the deal in 2020 then the first aircraft will come in 2023.

Definitely. Considering the falling squadrons, adding 2 squadrons to the mix is pretty good.

Oh how the mighty have fallen....Indians used to slate pakistanis for buying 2nd hand birds and now all the talk is 2nd hand migs and Mirages is a good thing for IAF...bloody hypocrites

The situation is not the same.

We are buying new aircraft through multiple programs and we need band-aid solutions in the meantime.

We have the ongoing MKI program. We have three LCA programs, Mk1, Mk1A and Mk2. Then we have the MMRCA tender. And we have a next gen program, AMCA. Apart from that we have the option of picking up FGFA again. The navy also has a new MRCBF program. And we are planning on getting 100-200 UCAVs and 200-300 attack helicopters. Even with all of these, we are still in need of more aircraft. Not the same situation at all.

i am not worried about mig-29.real worry is su-30.pakistani jf-17s are capable to handle mig-29s.

Oh how the mighty have fallen....Indians used to slate pakistanis for buying 2nd hand birds and now all the talk is 2nd hand migs and Mirages is a good thing for IAF...bloody hypocrites

India has an ecosystem to upgrade MiG-29 from its avionics to engine but pak don't its still be old aircraft for you guys or else go to Turkey. Also, MiG-29UPG is better than your best bird i.e., F-16 block 52+

India spend $900 mn + $250 mn to upgrade around 65 aircraft, how much pak spend for f-16 MLU i wonder?

Thay can also handle su 30. Block 3 will be even more capable.

problem is they already have 240 or much more su-30s and we didn't even have a block 3 right now.we need to do it fast.su-30 is very difficult to handle specially in dog fights.we need a fighter plane that can fire much longer range missile and also have ew systems.only threat for indian su-30s is only vipers.vipers with cool formations can still handle su-30s.su-30 is indian pride.we know the danger it posses to our air space.also we need more long range sams.there must be something on the ground like long range sams so that iaf will fear.currently we have nothing.ly-80 is good but s-400 is the best.if we put only one battery then they will fear.we must protect our airspace.their cold start starts with attacks on important pakistani facilities.we must protect.air superiority is necessary.

Back
Top Bottom