What's new

Why Pakistan MUST consider Afghan civilians as its own

Pakistan recently gave 1000 higher education scholarship to Afghan students, is it worth?
Its just like denying 1000 Pakistani students those seats that they spent their lives for and destroying hopes of their families along with that :(. Don't ask me where these broken 1000 Pakistani blood will end up.
Pakistan has given such offer (scholarship to Afghans) in past and Hamid Karzai is one of them and his statement against Pakistan is on public.
"Who advises" the govt to take such stupid decision?

MERA BUN NA BUN, APNA TU BUN

I will urge Student Unions to protest against this step of Govt. to giving scholarship to Afghans students.

Last edited:
I am really sorry to hear that, it's very sad to think that people still like to live in fantasy land where everyone holds hands, sings songs and it's all sunshine, rainbows and lovey dovey!
spongebob-rainbow.jpg
Kuwait banned visas for Pakistan citing reason that with in a two years 7 Pakistanis caught smuggling heroin / drugs and beheaded but in reality they are all Afghan carrying Pakistani passports and because of them since long time they are not lifting ban on Pakistani visas. Not only they are living on our resources, depriving our own citizens they are giving bad name to our citizens.

Kuwait banned visas for Pakistan citing reason that with in a two years 7 Pakistanis caught smuggling heroin / drugs and beheaded but in reality they are all Afghan carrying Pakistani passports and because of them since long time they are not lifting ban on Pakistani visas. Not only they are living on our resources, depriving our own citizens they are giving bad name to our citizens.

Yup these Afghans are a crafty lot, a cousin in the U.S. told me that the taxi drivers in his county are mostly Afghan but refer to themselves as Pakistanis, its only when you get speaking to them you find out they lived in a refugee camp in Peshawar or Islamabad.

We consider every Afghan who is loyal to own country at-least and is more friendly towards Pakistan. We cannot treat all those sellouts as our own that actually, have been harming us since long despite all the favours Pakistan did for them. Pakistan must keep a check and we don't need to believe every Afghan Passport holder as a friendly towards Pakistan. It is the Pakistan treatment that till today, we are housing most of Afghans in our country that even UN acknowledged our efforts for large number of refugees.

We consider every Afghan who is loyal to own country at-least and is more friendly towards Pakistan. We cannot treat all those sellouts as our own that actually, have been harming us since long despite all the favours Pakistan did for them. Pakistan must keep a check and we don't need to believe every Afghan Passport holder as a friendly towards Pakistan. It is the Pakistan treatment that till today, we are housing most of Afghans in our country that even UN acknowledged our efforts for large number of refugees.

anaat ashram band karo !!

Recently newly Afghan force for Kabul bared Tajik-Afghans from joining the force. This only one example and the most RECENT (not the past history) one. What Pakistan is fancying about Afghans loyalty towards us.

ظفر آدمی نہ جانیئے گا اسے، ہو وہ کتنہ ہی صاحب فہم و ذکا
جسے عیش میں یاد خدا نہ رہا، جسے طیش میں خوف خدا نہ رہا

Transalation:
Zafar, don't consider him a man, no matter how erudite and learned
Who forgets God in luxury, who fears not God in temper

Comprehension of Hadith of Holy Prophet Sallallahu 'Alaihi wa Aalihi Wasallm
The stronger man isn't the one who can submit another. The stronger man is the one who can control his temper.

The recent rocketing of Afghan territory by Pakistani forces is deeply disconcerting. Such acts establish Pakistan as a bully and hegemon in the minds of ordinary Afghans, who are already down-trodden and pummelled from all sides. And it provides the enemies of Pakistan the perfect opportunity to come in and proclaim: we are the best friends of Afghans, we can make this stop.

Having seen many online posts, I can surmise there is a widespread belief amongst Pakistanis that we can somehow dissociate ourselves from the Afghan mess. That, the border can be somehow tamed and a line drawn to keep the unwanted on the other side. This belies the ground truth and the reality of the situation. The topography of the Durand line makes a mockery of any attempts at establishing and enforcing a border. But even more importantly, it is the deep seated desire of people living on either side of the Durand line to be able to navigate freely across it, as they have done for centuries. And because the people's will is so, thus it shall be so, even if it takes centuries to become so.

The multiple failures of international powers at controlling and taming Afghanistan indicate clearly that the local population will never submit to them en masse. Yet, not even the Taliban can deny that development in the form of infrastructure, industrialization, education, and governance is the need of the day. The only worldly power that can provide this to Afghans is Pakistan. Thus, Pakistanis MUST remain cognizance of their status in the region and proceed accordingly. Establishing the tenet that every Afghan life is as precious as a Pakistani life, based on both religious and human grounds, would cost us little, yet increase our prestige in the eyes of the common Afghan. And for Pakistan, an understanding and welcoming Afghan population provides a much needed strategic depth that we shall never find in Iran. I am amazed how this simple point is lost to everyone, top down.

What cannot be conquered through guns and missiles, can always be conquered with pure love. The question is, are our hearts big enough for tough love?

1) Afghans despise Pakistan and refuse to even recognize Pakistan's territorial integrity to this day. This has nothing to do with Taliban. Afghan regimes have been supporting insurgencies in Pakistan from 1940s, even invaded Bajaur in 1960. Pakistan reciprocated 1975 onwards.

2) Pakistan has a 200 plus million population. Its a developing country which must focus on needs of its burgeoning population first instead of worrying about foreigners.

3) Pakistan must speed up fencing and sealing of Afghan border. ISIS is gaining foothold there, potential ethnic conflict is emerging. Its going to get more bloody. Just seal the border , focus on your own country, no need to worry about others.

This is a well balanced approach. I am just surprised at the lack of vision displayed by members. You have a difficult neighbor, you see benefit in normalizing relations, and yet you cannot devise a strategy to achieve that aim. I see members here being isolationist, provincial minded, and weak minded. These are not the views of go getters who aim high and go on to achieve those aims. People talk about 'real world', 'ground reality'. What about the ground reality that the Durand line simply CANNOT be tamed. It is self-delusion, and over-simplification to say 'let's fence and mine the border and close it'. In the face of an active enemy and a material threat, the best defence is an active offence. This means we need to keep expanding our own borders and take over hostile territory until the threat remains no more. This is the proactive approach. I am frustrated how this main topic is subverted into a discussion of Afghan loyalties and what nots. Given the rational approach is annexation, HOW do you plan to bring the people into mainstream????

1) Afghans despise Pakistan and refuse to even recognize Pakistan's territorial integrity to this day. This has nothing to do with Taliban. Afghan regimes have been supporting insurgencies in Pakistan from 1940s, even invaded Bajaur in 1960. Pakistan reciprocated 1975 onwards.

2) Pakistan has a 200 plus million population. Its a developing country which must focus on needs of its burgeoning population first instead of worrying about foreigners.

3) Pakistan must speed up fencing and sealing of Afghan border. ISIS is gaining foothold there, potential ethnic conflict is emerging. Its going to get more bloody. Just seal the border , focus on your own country, no need to worry about others.

Good luck fencing the Durand line. The best defence is an active offence.

This is a well balanced approach. I am just surprised at the lack of vision displayed by members.

Please go and spend a week in Afghanistan and document how they react when you tell them you are from Pakistan :D. Then we can talk about balanced approach. Till then its all hyperbole.

Please go and spend a week in Afghanistan and document how they react when you tell them you are from Pakistan :D. Then we can talk about balanced approach. Till then its all hyperbole.

I run into them every now and then in Sydney. Nice, decent people.

The easiest solution is kick out Afghans and fence the border. They should remain on their side of the border and we on our side.

This is a well balanced approach. I am just surprised at the lack of vision displayed by members. You have a difficult neighbor, you see benefit in normalizing relations, and yet you cannot devise a strategy to achieve that aim. I see members here being isolationist, provincial minded, and weak minded. These are not the views of go getters who aim high and go on to achieve those aims. People talk about 'real world', 'ground reality'. What about the ground reality that the Durand line simply CANNOT be tamed. It is self-delusion, and over-simplification to say 'let's fence and mine the border and close it'. In the face of an active enemy and a material threat, the best defence is an active offence. This means we need to keep expanding our own borders and take over hostile territory until the threat remains no more. This is the proactive approach. I am frustrated how this main topic is subverted into a discussion of Afghan loyalties and what nots. Given the rational approach is annexation, HOW do you plan to bring the people into mainstream????

As said, despite what members are off the opinion, we are into filtering first then recognizing the real Afghans which does not include pawns. Speaking of mainstream, Afghans residing in Pakistan acknowledges the same hence, better relations with them however, it is true that we lack propaganda machine like the rival so the few paid culprits are being painted as the voice of Afghanistan which is contrary to the ground reality. Deception war and lies warfare is now into next level by propagating in favour of wrong people so that may have an impact more than what people really want. Starting from home with cleansing process and exposing the real threat, later comes an approach in favour of nation for which, I and many others, are in favour of Pakistan First.

Back
Top Bottom