What's new

Why Pakistan Army is Quiet on Drone Attack

And ISI doesnt have any agents(HUMINT) in those areas?
Lets say Pakistan didnt or doesnt know about these operations,do you really think that Pakistan would just accept it and let the US do whatever it wants?
Think about it,you are not Afghanistan where the US can do whatever it wants,at will.
And if without knowledge of Pakistan,why would they make it public,wouldnt that bring the fragile relationship with Pakistan in danger?
My friend,

Yes, ISI agents might be lurking in those regions as well. However, CIA employs locals as 'part-time' agents to do its bidding in those areas. A foreigner would draw attention (e.g. Raymond Davis) but a local is less likely to due to his familiarity with the landscape and relevant contacts. There are cases of even double-agents working in those regions. It is a messed-up situation.

I dislike violation of Pakistan's sovereignty. However, Pakistan have suffered a great deal from terrorism as well. It is true that Pakistani military establishment have never been comfortable with American tendency to conduct unilateral operations inside Pakistan. A Pakistani national such as myself will not be either. However, we don't care about the lives of terrorists and their sympathizers; they have spilled enough Pakistani blood.

pakistan-army-bin-laden-598x427.jpg
:omghaha:

Bro,

That was the situation on the ground in 2009. In response, NATO conducted a large number of raids in Taliban dominated regions to reduce their footprint and the situation on the ground at present is this:

taliban-map-20160419-720.png

Source: http://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2015/09/29/world/asia/afghanistan-taliban-maps.html?_r=0

If you will read history of Afghanistan, you will come to understand that Southern Afghan tribes are more likely to support Taliban then the Northern Afghan tribes. It is a clash of mindset.

_86147505_ustroops1.jpg

You can see that NATO significantly increased its military strength in Afghanistan in 2009 in response to resurgence of Taliban in the country. The situation on the ground have improved since 2009 irrespective of what you hear in the news. Taliban continue to get new recruits and leaders with passage of time and they may not disappear in the years to come but their influence can be minimized and they can be made to understand that this war is unwinnable for them. Americans have given Taliban (and other hostile elements) the option to come to the negotiation table and accept the Afghan democratic setup or continue to face resistance and assassination attempts.

Last edited:
Because PA must remain diplomatic; remember we have vested interest in US military assistance. In a time where India is modernizing, Pakistan must remain cautious as to how many adversaries it can handle simultaneously.
Remember Diplomacy is the art of saying 'Nice Doggie' until you can find a rock.

The Problem With General Raheel And The Present High Command Is That They Have Inherited A Lot Of This Mess(Including Drones) From Previous Generals Also A Corrupt 'Democracy' That Is By Product of Western Sponsored NRO.The Only Thing He Can Do Is To Effectively Clean Up His House Which He Is Doing With Zarb e Azb

BREAKING NEWS:
Maulvi Habatullah Has Elected Ameer Of Taliban.He Is Known To Be Reconcilliatory And Commands More Respect Since He Is Shaikh ul Hadeeth By Qualification

after every blunder army missed civilian gov so much . as bhutto was hanged with civilian gov permission . pakistan joined WOT with civilian approval and fall of Dhaka was also under civilians . whole year army is on driving seat and gen.raheel ki jaay ho but when its time for action now civilian gov should react . ok next time nawaz will fly a CAP mission and shot down any drone flying over pakistan .:lol:
shut up hater .. you need double doodh putty and cake rusk.. I bring doodh puti you bring cake rusk..

by the way...its called Jamhuriat Ka Husan :)
when army takes action then norras and so called secular parties complain that Army doesnt want peace .

Last edited:
correction butter face
it is Persians and Afghans who have been looting your gold
beating you from Delhi to Pani Put and Sominat .. taking away your women while your soorma/ braves either hid themselves or lay dead in piles.

Yar why are you answering him
He wants attention. In his pathetic life these two seconds of troll posts are the only pleasure he has plus it also helps cover his inability to post anything relevant or intelligence. You will end up ruining the thread.

Trolls need to left alone but they are self destructive.

Ambassador of US Mr David Hale visited GHQ and called on COAS, General Raheel Sharif today. The situation arising after US drone strike in Balochistan on 22 May 2016 came under discussion.
While expressing his serious concerns over the said drone strike, COAS said such acts of sovereignty violations are detrimental to relations between both countries and are counter-productive for ongoing peace process for regional stability.
COAS said that Pakistan’s efforts, successes and sacrifices in fight against terrorism have been unparalleled.

13237775_1150688658295072_1716290856242081913_n.jpg

I can't believe how so many senior and smart members have allowed emotions to cloud their judgement. Do you not understand what would have happened if we had blown up that drone especially a drone targetting mullah mansour the enemey of US forces and their puppet regime in afghanistan and head of the taliban. How could we have justified such an attack? US would have been breathing down on our neck and those giving examples of Iran Cuba and north Korea. Give me a break.

You want to become arrogant like them then make your economy so strong that not a nation will want to live without you. Use that economy to get international leverage and with that economy build an army that can challenge a super power. After that you can invade and annex Afghanistan and the world won't give a damn.

People cry over an increment of 100 billion rupees in our defense budget yet want to take on the US with an economy that is trying to get back on it's feet.

Yar why are you answering him
He wants attention. In his pathetic life these two seconds of troll posts are the only pleasure he has plus it also helps cover his inability to post anything relevant or intelligence. You will end up ruining the thread.

Trolls need to left alone but they are self destructive.
advising my own advise to myself
despite being mod I am human after all
:)
point taken and deleted the chain posts

I can't believe how so many senior and smart members have allowed emotions to cloud their judgement. Do you not understand what would have happened if we had blown up that drone especially a drone targetting mullah mansour the enemey of US forces and their puppet regime in afghanistan and head of the taliban. How could we have justified such an attack? US would have been breathing down on our neck and those giving examples of Iran Cuba and north Korea. Give me a break.

You want to become arrogant like them then make your economy so strong that not a nation will want to live without you. Use that economy to get international leverage and with that economy build an army that can challenge a super power. After that you can invade and annex Afghanistan and the world won't give a damn.

People cry over an increment of 100 billion rupees in our defense budget yet want to take on the US with an economy that is trying to get back on it's feet.
@PaklovesTurkiye see this is what i am trying to say...

Foreign Policy is under Army's control...That's an open secret. Army at least should have said something. Our security was breached... KPK, Now Balochistan, Next what? Me and you? Either Army is right or those people who have a stance that this is Punjabi Army not Pakistani Army...! I am not against Army, But this is getting out of control now.
@Irfan Baloch

The foreign policy is not under army. Army can only give its input which it does. As far as Army cheif's reaction well it is always better to raise voice at appropriate platform which he rightly did.

"
Army Chief General Raheel Sharif on Wednesday warned the recent US drone strike targeting late Taliban leader Mullah Akhtar Mansour is detrimental to bilateral relations between the two countries.

The army chief’s reaction came during a meeting with the Ambassador of US David Hale at the General Headquarters in Rawalpindi, a statement issued by Inter Services Public relations (ISPR) said."
http://tribune.com.pk/story/1110184/drone-strike-pakistani-soil-detrimental-relations-us-army-chief/

The foreign policy is not under army. Army can only give its input which it does. As far as Army cheif's reaction well it is always better to raise voice at appropriate platform which he rightly did.

"
Army Chief General Raheel Sharif on Wednesday warned the recent US drone strike targeting late Taliban leader Mullah Akhtar Mansour is detrimental to bilateral relations between the two countries.

The army chief’s reaction came during a meeting with the Ambassador of US David Hale at the General Headquarters in Rawalpindi, a statement issued by Inter Services Public relations (ISPR) said."
http://tribune.com.pk/story/1110184/drone-strike-pakistani-soil-detrimental-relations-us-army-chief/
Salaam Jana Ji

tell me can USA or for that matter any of the so called your allies do anything in pakistani soil without taking your security establishment under confidence ?

This is what you get when the situation is all messed up and there is an internal power struggle. All army have to do/say in response CAN be that they are merely an institute of the government and can only do what they are asked too. In this case the gov of mute and so are they, there hands are tied. Now how RIGHT or WRONG this actually is a separate debate but one cannot deny that on paper this is a valid reason.

Back to what ACTUALLY might be the case is that, as i have always been of the view, the government is IN on all this. These attacks are with consent of Pakistan government and thus the Pakistan Army leadership. What is wrong is that these are not as CONTROLLED by Pak Military as they should/could have been. That would have been to our great advantage, specially related to Pakistan international image. Where and when they got out of our hand is anybody's guess. The fact is ONCE out of control, it was always going to regain that lost turf against US. To be honest, we really don't have any active/aggressive solution to this problem

HOWEVER, there is a second relevant problem here as well and there is an excellent solution to that as well, acceptable to all parties and beneficial for everyone involved.

That second problem is lack of transparency and will to come forth with truth. Pakistan government MUST announce there involvement in these attacks, in fact, must actually market them to let the world know what we are contributing to this war and what we are sacrificing here. It is all about diplomacy. You need to show your positive side as everyone else is busy looking at your flaws (and there sure are quite a lot of them there). We, the world is in a war against terrorism, our religion do not tolerates this so what shame is there in admitting that we are fighting the terrorists along side America. At least that will help us get rid of numerous acquisitions we face currently. Make it public knowledge that we are working with US to eliminate terrorists from the region together.

This approach, while good on paper will actually involve some sacrifices from both sides. We will need to be honest in our dealings with the Taliban and deal with all groups on equal basis, consider them all as evil as the other. US will need to do the same and in the process, both will be giving up on some assets. US will need to be equally proactive against TTP as they are against Taliban right now. If there have to be no good taliban bad taliban from our side there cant be any from there as well. The US will have to keep in check the growing anti-Pakistan elements in Afghanistan under foreign backing. We can then take out the terrorists on both side of border, working together. The question here is, WHY would THEY do all this when they can just carry one with there strikes as they want too. The answer to this is because we will convince them that this is in best interest of us all in the long term (which is true actually), let them know and make them believe by honest efforts and excellent diplomacy. Its not easy but it not impossible either. US are not having fun time in Afghan either and they know as well as anyone what they can achieve working together with Pakistan AND MOST IMPORTANTLY, AFGHANISTAN!!!! Dont forget those who are actually at the center of the all this mess.

US ‘unclear’ whether drone targeted Mansour in Pakistan

that's why
and if its not enough

its Civilian Government's job to respond to such incidents. but sadly Panama leaks and Imran Khan is keeping the Nawaz league too busy to spare some time on the international relations and the affairs of the state

Phir tu PM intehaye koi incompetent shaks hey kay usko eek banday nay eek cheez pe phansa lya hey... wesay how many times this super duper PM show concern on drones in past 8 years ???? and since when IK keep NS too busy ???

This time "Army" broke my heart twice.
1- Drone Attack - Quite.
2- Decision of Angoor Adda Post.

shut up hater .. you need double doodh putty and cake rusk.. I bring doodh puti you bring cake rusk..

by the way...its called Jamhuriat Ka Husan :)
when army takes action then norras and so called secular parties complain that Army doesnt want peace .
ok ji dodh patti cake rush or sath main huqa bhi

btw kab last tie army ne drone ya usa ke khilaf acion liya tha ?:p:D

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom