What's new

Why Our Media is sleeping?

Patriot

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
What's wrong with our media.Most of the media anchors (ex Hamid Mir) support Talibans.I think programs which shows sympathy to Talibans should be banned.

brother our media operates on classic principals of capitalism

capitol is more sacred then any thing

Geo has intrests in india... they sell what ppl want ... and what people want ...depands what they[media out lets] want them[ppl] to want...:D

Last edited:
I agree with Bill...the media s showing wat people want to see..They dont want to see the pashtuns trashed...N please stop caling them taliban..Thats US nomenclature..N no u cant ban the media..n shouldnt...N please take things easy..:chilli:

Lets not accept this idiot line that our TV anchors support Talib because of interests in India - please demonstrate at least a minimum understanding.

TV anchors support or appear to support Talib for a variety of reasons:

1. They represent the opinions of their editorial boards
2. They are affraid, terrorized by the talib
3. They are motivated by their own understanding of freedom of speech and revolutionary zeal.
4. They believe they are contributing towards the creation of a better Pakistan.
5. They are plain confused.

Of these, while all of these are valid in my opinion, the most compeling is that these TV anchor persons represent their editorial boards. -- these ideas have support in society, or in significant sectors of society -- significant does nt necessarily mean large numbers it means activist - those who work hard to get themselves heard.

Lets not accept this idiot line that our TV anchors support Talib because of interests in India - please demonstrate at least a minimum understanding.

WHY ARE YOU GETTING PERSONAL
I CAN BE HARSH TO YOU AND BTW I AM JOURNALIST SO .......

WHY ARE YOU GETTING PERSONAL
I CAN BE HARSH TO YOU AND BTW I AM JOURNALIST SO .......

It is the line that is "idiot" - not you Mr. Longley -- appreciating the distinction, or rather not appreciating it, may be representative of the problem we are discussing. Do consider.

I think most people support the taliban in afghanistan but totally reject the terrorist that are operating in the NWFP.

The media should show the difference in its reporting by always calling the terrorist from NWFP kaffirs-takfirs-enemy agents ect while only calling the anti occupation forces in afganistan the taliban-mujahideen.

Dabong, the ideas are the same, whether in Afghanistan or in Pakistan - whar are one group "good" and the other bad?

It's no0t the label, it's the ideas the label represents. These are enemies of both Afghans and Pakistanis.

Dabong, the ideas are the same, whether in Afghanistan or in Pakistan - whar are one group "good" and the other bad?

It's no0t the label, it's the ideas the label represents. These are enemies of both Afghans and Pakistanis.

The afghan taliban want to defeat the occupation forces whle the terrorist in NWFP want to attack the pakistani army and actually encourage the terrorist to stay away from NATO and attack the pak army.
Mullah Omar has said that baitullah and his gang have nothing to do with the talban and reject them.

If the taliban where the enmey would they not attack quetta and other border towns-cities?

Mullah Omar good? Baitullah Bad? -- This confusion is at the heart of problem we are discussing.

Lets not confuse issues here - one issue is the ideas of Mullah Omar and Baitullah or Fazlullah or Al-Qaida - essentially the same ideas.

Now imagine if some will argue and you know they will, that Baitullah, Mullah Radio and AQ are actually fighting to rid Pakistan of a "unIslamic" alien system of governance?? Will the Pakistani Talib then become good guys??

Mullah Omar and his dancing Talib are bad for Pakistan as they are bad for Afghanistan.

Does that mean US occupation is good or that NA govt is good?? Certainly not, but lets not confuse ourselves about Mullah Omar and his Talib. By the way in Afganistan, Mullah Omar and his Talib are not seen by some as Afghans but as Pakistanis.

I would like to know if anyone had heard of terrorists operating in FATA before 9/11.
These guys r not terrorists..Th army claims them to be becuase its fighting them under US pressure..Here the army is wrong n not the Pushtoons.

Mullah Omar good? Baitullah Bad? -- This confusion is at the heart of problem we are discussing.

I agree

Lets not confuse issues here - one issue is the ideas of Mullah Omar and Baitullah or Fazlullah or Al-Qaida - essentially the same ideas..

I have to disagree.......Al-Qaidas war is worldwide.....Baitullah or Fazlullah war is against the pak govt and mullah omars war is for afganistan and against NATO-US.

Now imagine if some will argue and you know they will, that Baitullah, Mullah Radio and AQ are actually fighting to rid Pakistan of a "unIslamic" alien system of governance?? Will the Pakistani Talib then become good guys??..

Lets also imagine that india attacks pakistan and Baitullah, and Mullah Radio help pakistan govt to defend itself...will they be good guys.

Mullah Omar and his dancing Talib are bad for Pakistan as they are bad for Afghanistan..

To tell you the truth i dont really care about who is the leader in afganistan just as long its pro pakistan.......if the NA was going to be more pro pakistani then i would support them ,its just going of the last couple of decades we had a more pro pak govt in aghanistan under the taliban.

Does that mean US occupation is good or that NA govt is good?? Certainly not, but lets not confuse ourselves about Mullah Omar and his Talib. By the way in Afganistan, Mullah Omar and his Talib are not seen by some as Afghans but as Pakistanis.

If the US had kept pakistans interest at heart i would not mind them staying in afghanistan for as long as they want but they are being anti pakistani with there actions thats why i want the taliban to win.

Your point about mullah omar being seen as a pakistani agent is no more then NA propaganda.

I would like to know if anyone had heard of terrorists operating in FATA before 9/11..

If you a memeber of the NA at time you would have been calling all the pro taliban fighters terrorist.

These guys r not terrorists..Th army claims them to be becuase its fighting them under US pressure..Here the army is wrong n not the Pushtoons.

All the other jehadi org went along with the pak govt except a few traitors in NWFP that are being backed by india and israel.

Back
Top Bottom