What's new

why NW India is still hindu Majority after 800(AM) years of muslim rule ?

Then what is ghar wapsi about ?

Re Conversion.

You see, Its like Geeta and Kuran.
Anybody can read and get the Good stuff, good Thoughts and principles.

However, some people use Islam to preach wrong, You would agree, Islam has nothing to do with the same.

Hinduism has space for everyone, even atheists!
Then why not Muslims. Then what is the point of all this thread?

Re Conversion.

You see, Its like Geeta and Kuran.
Anybody can read and get the Good stuff, good Thoughts and principles.

However, some people use Islam to preach wrong, You would agree, Islam has nothing to do with the same.
My point was regarding the slide that was posted. It said that anyone who searches the truth is a Hindu including a Muslim. Hence the question why the Ghar wapsi?

Summed Up very nicely.
I would simply add :

Who%20is%20a%20Hindu.JPG
That is an interesting definition of a Hindu. I enjoyed reading it. I don't agree with it but that is my personal decision. A good one.

Because It took empires with Islam as the religion, 800 years to partially stabilize themselves in India because of direct confrontation with those who did not believe in Islam <<< this is what the reality is.:cry::tdown:

according to this map,
Muslim_percent_1909.jpg

Pakistani Punjab and Sindh was over 75% Muslim and Bengal was also 50%+ Muslim but why NW Parts of India who are Neighbours of Muslim majority Punjab and Sindh and were under Strong Muslim Rule from Arabs (Gujarat to Western MP) to Mughals for Almost 500 to 800 years undermuslim rule still retained Hindu Majority ?

West Punjab - 75% Muslim
Sindh - 75% Muslim
Kashmin- 75% Muslim

but...

Jammu - 55% Muslim
East Punjab - 55% Muslim
West UP (heartland of Afghans,Iranians and Mughals) - 55% Muslim
Rajasthan - 10% to 20%
Saurastra (west Gujarat) (jinnah's Native State) - 20% to 50% Muslim

so my question is why NW India is still hindu Majority after 800(AM) years of muslim rule ?
As per your post only Rajasthan is/was majority Hindu .

Feel good thread.:lol:
Hahahahaga bullshit statistics only Rajasthan was majority Hindu
These lot must have some old Vedic math book which counts 55% as a minority

Muslims rulers never forced for conversion... But what about dalits/shudras who without their knowledge was declared as Hindu?

according to this map,

Well to explain such things you need to look at human geography, social history and sometimes just plain historical circumstance - that is historical accidents.

In the case of present region of Pakistan which had Muslim majority the explanation is very simple. This region forms the historical Indus basin with the mountains and plateaux defining it on the west - although many routes cut through these into Central Asia or Iran.

On east the Indus Basin is defined by the Thar Desert ( on the map below in red colour ) and the salty marsh of the Ran of Kutch ( on the map below in blue colour ) with both acting as barrier's to human movement.

When I say "barrier" I don't mean they restrict human movement absolutely. 4,000 miles of Atlantic Ocean did not stop Columbus in reaching America or even the 0.25 million miles of space to Moon stop NASA to put man on human. However such barriers do act as hurdle and hinder human movement.

Thus the Indus Basin has always been sub region of South Asia on the fracture zone of Central and South Asia. In history it has taken influences from both directions. Going back to the geography again, in the north of the axis, Punjab region is the bridge between Indus and Ganges basin in India. This is where the main cross over has been.

Thar Desert - Red Salty Marsh Rann of Kutch - Blue

8iu0GqF.jpg

Thar Desert

thar-desert-photo-thar-desert-sand-dunes-waves-shaped-by-desert-winds.jpg

4PPOLiw.jpg

Rann of Kutch

images

5.jpg

screenshot-2014-04-22-14.03.24.png

The Indus region was closer to the Muslim regions of the west and this protracted exposure in addition to being on the margins of South Asia led to it becoming Muslim majority region. The maps of religion can easily be seen to corralate with the physical geography of Indus Basin including the barriers on the east - Thar and Rann of kutch defining where Muslim majority tumbles down as you move east to enter the heartland of Hinduism.

I don't know enough on Bengal region to comment. Although physical geography cannot have played any role there. I can only assume historical circumstance or peculair social circumstances played a hand there.

In human geography you always get these anomalies that defy the norm. Examples of this is how Ethiopia was Christian majority from early period but surrounded by Muslim region yet separeted from the Christian world. Another is how Bali has continued to remain Hindu in sea of Muslim/other region.

However somebody more competant on the history of Bengal region migth be able to give us better insight.

Last edited:
Well to explain such things you need to look at human geography, social history and sometimes just plain historical circumstance - that is historical accidents.

In the case of present region of Pakistan which had Muslim majority the explanation is very simple. This region forms the historical Indus basin with the mountains and plateaux defining it on the west - although many routes cut through these into Central Asia or Iran.

On east the Indus Basin is defined by the Thar Desert ( on the map below in red colour ) and the salty marsh of the Ran of Kutch ( on the map below in blue colour ) with both acting as barrier's to human movement.

When I say "barrier" I don't mean they restrict human movement absolutely. 4,000 miles of Atlantic Ocean did not stop Columbus in reaching America or even the 0.25 million miles of space to Moon stop NASA to put man on human. However such barriers do act as hurdle and hinder human movement.

Thus the Indus Basin has always been sub region of South Asia on the fracture zone of Central and South Asia. In history it has taken influences from both directions. Going back to the geography again, in the north of the axis, Punjab region is the bridge between Indus and Ganges basin in India. This is where the main cross over has been.

Thar Desert - Red Salty Marsh Rann of Kutch - Blue

8iu0GqF.jpg

Thar Desert

thar-desert-photo-thar-desert-sand-dunes-waves-shaped-by-desert-winds.jpg

4PPOLiw.jpg

Rann of Kutch

images

5.jpg

screenshot-2014-04-22-14.03.24.png

The Indus region was closer to the Muslim regions of the west and this protracted exposure in addition to being on the margins of South Asia led to it becoming Muslim majority region. The maps of religion can easily be seen to corralate with the physical geography of Indus Basin including the barriers on the east - Thar and Rann of kutch defining where Muslim majority tumbles down as you move east to enter the heartland of Hinduism.

I don't know enough on Bengal region to comment. Although physical geography cannot have played any role there. I can only assume historical circumstance or peculair social circumstances played a hand there.

In human geography you always get these anomalies that defy the norm. Examples of this is how Ethiopia was Christian majority from early period but surrounded by Muslim region yet separeted from the Christian world. Another is how Bali has continued to remain Hindu in sea of Muslim/other region.

However somebody more competant on the history of Bengal region migth be able to give us better insight.
actually Sindh, Marwad and Kathiawar have almost similar cultures, our langhttps://defence.pk/threads/why-nw-india-is-still-hindu-majority-after-800-am-years-of-muslim-rule.412974/page-4uages are also same(mostly) most of Muslims for K&M migrated to Pakistan but still you can find many Persians, Turks and Balouchis in these Regions.

we can not forget that Sindh,Western Rajasthan and Saurastra are more culturally related then say Sindh and Punjab(-sirakis) also when qasim conqured Sindh his fellows also onqured whole saurastra and gujarat.
Arabsumf.png

actually Sindh, Marwad and Kathiawar have almost similar cultures, our langhttps://defence.pk/threads/why-nw-india-is-still-hindu-majority-after-800-am-years-of-muslim-rule.412974/page-4uages are also same(mostly) most of Muslims for K&M migrated to Pakistan but still you can find many Persians, Turks and Balouchis in these Regions.

we can not forget that Sindh,Western Rajasthan and Saurastra are more culturally related then say Sindh and Punjab(-sirakis) also when qasim conqured Sindh his fellows also onqured whole saurastra and gujarat.
Arabsumf.png

It look like everyone is taking turn beating up India...

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom