What's new

why NW India is still hindu Majority after 800(AM) years of muslim rule ?

Yeh Sufi Saints fed the elephants drugs,when the So called Islamic Army came about.
So why didn't this faith stick around during Kublai Khans reign?

Pakistani Punjab and Sindh was over 75% Muslim and Bengal was also 50%+ Muslim but why NW Parts of India who are Neighbours of Muslim majority Punjab and Sindh and were under Strong Muslim Rule from Arabs (Gujarat to Western MP) to Mughals for Almost 500 to 800 years undermuslim rule still retained Hindu Majority ?

West Punjab - 75% Muslim
Sindh - 75% Muslim
Kashmin- 75% Muslim

but...

Jammu - 55% Muslim
East Punjab - 55% Muslim
West UP (heartland of Afghans,Iranians and Mughals) - 55% Muslim
Rajasthan - 10% to 20%
Saurastra (west Gujarat) (jinnah's Native State) - 20% to 50% Muslim

so my question is why NW India is still hindu Majority after 800(AM) years of muslim rule ?
As I tried to explain in another similar thread today, it was mainly because most of the Muslim rulers had no intention of converting the locals to Islam. Jizya might be a reason but mainly because they did not care.

During the Ummayad caliphate, conversion of the newly acquired lands was one of the highest priority of the state so Sindh and southern Punjab till Multan were swiftly converted.

Ghaznawi brought quite a few Mubhaligs with him during his campaigns like the Ali Hajvery of Lahore so Punjab has always been mainly Muslim after that. I was reading Timur's autobiography a few days back and in that when he talks about his campaign in India he mentions it clearly that most of the people of Punjab were adherents of Islam.

After Ghaznawi the rest of the guys Delhi Sultnate, Mughals or other muslim states of India never really cared about converting Hindus to Islam, and when some king did try in most of the cases he used violence instead of preaching, which was counter productive as even in doing so they were not able to create a Inquisition style of purge which could be made a state policy (not supporting it just mentioning this as a fact). So when you see Aurangzaib destroying some temples, you also see him building and funding others, depended mostly on the political requirements of the time rather than on his fervor of cleansing of "Infidels".

So I believe the Hindu majority is there because Muslim rulers were not really bothered by it.

BTW dude you do come up with interesting topics, keep up the good work. :enjoy:

i think the Mugals themselves where very liberal , they were not religious extremist. They give alot of freedom to other religions ( according to the era they were living in ). This could be the most logical reasons

Any attempt to openly communalise the scene would have resulted in a crusade scenario and that wouldn't have been good for the Mongol midgets in delhi

Read about burning of sikh gurus and beheadings of Brahmins by Mughals, it reminds you today's Isis.
Brahmins is the most cruel invader of India...What more to say.. till date they are killing dalits and shudras the real inhabitant of India..

Brahmins is the most cruel invader of India...What more to say.. till date they are killing dalits and shudras the real inhabitant of India..

There is racism I agree and also discrimination and denial from them. Communities of lower order got oppressed because of the nobility and priest class like any other part of the world.

But the thing with India is caste system is still valid. Only time will make this system go away with economic development.

according to this map,
Muslim_percent_1909.jpg

Pakistani Punjab and Sindh was over 75% Muslim and Bengal was also 50%+ Muslim but why NW Parts of India who are Neighbours of Muslim majority Punjab and Sindh and were under Strong Muslim Rule from Arabs (Gujarat to Western MP) to Mughals for Almost 500 to 800 years undermuslim rule still retained Hindu Majority ?

West Punjab - 75% Muslim
Sindh - 75% Muslim
Kashmin- 75% Muslim

but...

Jammu - 55% Muslim
East Punjab - 55% Muslim
West UP (heartland of Afghans,Iranians and Mughals) - 55% Muslim
Rajasthan - 10% to 20%
Saurastra (west Gujarat) (jinnah's Native State) - 20% to 50% Muslim

so my question is why NW India is still hindu Majority after 800(AM) years of muslim rule ?

Because Muslims never killed and slaughtered like Americans, British, Mongols etc

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom