What's new

why NW India is still hindu Majority after 800(AM) years of muslim rule ?

India always was a Hindu majority country. But when Arab came and invaded it. They started conversion of non Muslims. After partition of India these converted muslims made their own country called Pakistan . So ones again India became Hindu majority country. :azn:

For majority of Hindus ; Islam was NOT appealing enough or attractive enough

Hence they resisted conversion ; inspite of incentives

And paid for it in terms of blood and treasure
Paid for it with blood? Maybe you havent read about what happened in other conquests like the europeans in americas especially the spanish in south america.

Technically speaking ,

01 Muslims ruled whole South Asia for not more than 100 years ( I may be wrong here ) .
02 There were counter forces to Muslims , Like Rajputs , Sikhs , Marathas etc

If we look at south Asia as a whole , Then roundabout 600 Million people are Muslims that is around 38 % population of Muslims .

Heartland of North India or say Hinduism lies in UP Bihar Rajasthan etc .Hinduism was SO strong in these area.so despite being capital of Mughals ,Hindus did not converted.

Bangladesh area was known as province full of Chandaals etc.

No one even in times of Mughals was ready to go east bengal.

East bengal was a shunting post due to bad and hazardous climate.lot of rain mud ,mosquito and malerias.

Chandaals who were barely hindus converted to Islam easily
but finny thing is,uslims are almost 20% in UP Bihar aka your Hindu heartland but <10% In other parts of India :lol:

01 Muslims ruled whole South Asia for not more than 100 years ( I may be wrong here ) .
02 There were counter forces to Muslims , Like Rajputs , Sikhs etc .

They never ruled ENTIRE South Asia at the same time
There were always some revolts and rebellions going on in the country side

The BIGGEST successful COUNTER STRIKE was done by MARATHAS

You can safely say that MARATHAS DESTROYED the MUGHALS

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/8/87/India1760_1905.jpg

Maratha Empire at its Peak

India1760_1905.jpg

Thanks for the tag.

It's simple- we had a strong social structure. Muslim rulers were able to wipe out Buddhism from Afghanistan and other parts of subcontinent, but not Hinduism. Why???
Hinduism is a way of life!!!
Those who were converted forcefully, within the subcontinent, were living a Hindu life despite following a different religion. I do not mean to offend anyone but is it not amazing that even an aethist can be a Hindu(Brahman) by virtue of his knowledge??
Which other religion allows such Liberty???
This is the reason why hindudism is one of the oldest surviving religions in the world.
But like everything, Hinduism has its pros and cons.

Summed Up very nicely.
I would simply add :

Who%20is%20a%20Hindu.JPG

Muslim rulers opressed other religions and persecuted them..atleast thats what happened with sikh gurus (except akbar's regime)... these opression made Islam more unattractive during that time.

IMO Hindus I guess were too influenced with their social practices like worshiping idols and cows which Islam totally denied and that didnt impress Hindus much, thus they didnt convert. Few did convert due to use of force (mostly the lower cast and weak section) but majority didnt due to their srong belief in Hindusims.

I have not contradicted it.
I merely said that Buddhism was wiped out.
In Ancient India Buddhism & Jainism was the Major Religion During 250 BC Till Early AD..................But by the time Muslims Invaded India Hinduism was the Major Religion

Muslim rulers opressed other religions and persecuted them..atleast thats what happened with sikh gurus (except akbar's regime)... these opression made Islam more unattractive during that time.

IMO Hindus I guess were too influenced with their social practices like worshiping idols and cows which Islam totally denied and that didnt impress Hindus much, thus they didnt convert. Few did convert due to use of force (mostly the lower cast and weak section) but majority didnt due to their srong belief in Hindusims.
Completely ignoring conversion due to sufi saints arent we?

Shahbaz Sharif? :what:
I-see-what-you-did-there.jpg

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom