What's new

Why 'NO' Muslim Regiment in Indian Army

Maybe because of the region?
Usually,in a secular state,there is no such thing based on religion or race but then again,India also has Sharia law in some region.
I guess it has to do with the colonial past.
Regiments based on caste and religion are relics of british era. Since 1947 no regiment was formed on the basis of caste or religion.

Anyone who thinks that the IA is base on religion and wants a Muslim regiment on that basis, knows neither India nor the IA. Carry on otherwise.

Why 'NO' Muslim Regiment in Indian Army??

There is NO Hindu Regiment or Xtain Regiment also in indian army same like Pakistan Army...
There is ..

You (indian army) have regiments based on castes aswell as religions..
Sikh,Rajput,Jaat,garwali etc.

Pak Army doesnt.. its regiments are Panjab,Frontier Force (Piffers),Northern Light Infantry,Baloch Regiment,Sindh Reg,Azad Kashmir (old Kashmir Force) etc.

How come ? As mentioned before these regiments were formed by the British based on regions they controlled, Sikhs mainly resided in Punjab and North Western states of current day India, Just like Madrasis (South Indians) resided in the Madras presidency, I think Indian Muslims are neither region based or mono ethnic to be grouped as such

Most Societies dont see everything through a religious prism, May be that's where you're confused.. I'm not even Indian and i'm not here to speak on their behalf but something as absurd as a suggestion to form an regiment based on religion needed to be retorted where ever one comes from

From what i understand it was a British creation based on the region rather than religion, Just that at the time of it's creation the region was under or taken from the Sikh empire
Plenty of Pak regiments “HAD” similiar names.. like the Panjabi Musalmans, Hazara Pioneers (comprising of Hazara soldiers from Balochistan)..

But today they are simply “Panjab,FF,Sind,Pioneers,NLI,AK”..

The regiments do not comprise of entirely Sikh or Jats.

And do not allow other communities from taking top positions.
Do you want us to post videos of indian soldiers crying due to the treatment meted to them coz of their low caste?

Maybe because of the region?
Usually,in a secular state,there is no such thing based on religion or race but then again,India also has Sharia law in some region.
I guess it has to do with the colonial past.
Secular democracy.. its a sham.

The entire indian military has less than 2% muslims.. sames the case with muslim representation in their civil services,parliament .. you name it.

How come ? As mentioned before these regiments were formed by the British based on regions they controlled, Sikhs mainly resided in Punjab and North Western states of current day India, Just like Madrasis (South Indians) resided in the Madras presidency, I think Indian Muslims are neither region based or mono ethnic to be grouped as such

Most Societies dont see everything through a religious prism, May be that's where you're confused.. I'm not even Indian and i'm not here to speak on their behalf but something as absurd as a suggestion to form an regiment based on religion needed to be retorted where ever one comes from

From what i understand it was a British creation based on the region rather than religion, Just that at the time of it's creation the region was under or taken from the Sikh empire
british army actually had “hindustani musalman” & “Deccani Musalman” battalions from modern day india.. apart from the Muslim Princely states whose armys were merged into indian army... with different (changed) names...

Last edited:
So it's the other side claiming that Indian Muslim soldiers refused to fight Pakistan in 1965.....damn saffron brigade is losing it's charm there.

The Idiots are lose on the forum again....what does all this nonsense has to do with the subject at hand or this is your only escape from the argument....what a retard. :lol:

You got your slap and reply now you ran away. Take it, you have been rejected by Muslim countries. There are 36 countries in FATF not even one supported you. :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

It's very simple. Any "Muslim" that swears allegiance to Hindu nation India is a kaafir and must be exterminated along with the rest of the 1.2 billion cockroaches. No mercy for the transgressors and definitely no mercy for those that oppress people. Look out Afghanistan, after we **** your daddy India, we will come for you too and finish the job. And If Iranians have a problem after all of that, we can push your eastern regions as well. All of the countries in the region will either acknowledge us as Big Boss, or get fucked starting with India. Slum dogs needs to realize we run this shit.

Very good. There should be no Muslim regiment rather even a single Muslim soldier in indian terrorist army that kills innocent civilians and children and uses rape as a weapon. It is not for any respectable person to join such a criminal group.

ever heard of Jammu & Kashmir Rifles and Jammu and Kashmir Light Infantry? ha ha ha ha it contains of 40-50% of KASHMIR MUSLIM YOUTHS...

India does not have a separate Muslim regiment but have Muslims in almost every regiment.
We have a Muslim param veer chakra award holder too.

Yes that's a pertinent point. But it doesn't negate the fact that the Indian Army still has a regiment that recruits overwhelmingly from one religious community. Thank god this idea was shot down for a British Army Sikh regiment some years back.

Incorrect.

It doesn't overwhelming recruit from one community, infact that one community shows more interest in joining army than any other in India.

Regiments dont recruit, IA recruit. And based on their community, and to maintain the legacy, they are more likely transferred to Sikh regiment.

There is no bias in recruitment.

Pippin was promoted because of his pimping for BJP

And Jahil Sharif was made COAS as he was and now pimping for other Sharif and Arabian masters?

Nice play of words in names, lets do it. Pippin and Jahil.

And Jahil Sharif was made COAS as he was and now pimping for other Sharif and Arabian masters?

Nice play of words in names, lets do it. Pippin and Jahil.
he never pimped anyone but Pippin is surely pimping for BJP so he can enter politics after retirement

he never pimped anyone but Pippin is surely pimping for BJP so he can enter politics after retirement

And Jahil Sharif is licking Saudi Boots now. What proof you want that he was always a saudi and sharif pimp?

Incorrect.

It doesn't overwhelming recruit from one community, infact that one community shows more interest in joining army than any other in India.

Regiments dont recruit, IA recruit. And based on their community, and to maintain the legacy, they are more likely transferred to Sikh regiment.

There is no bias in recruitment.

I don't claim to be an expert on the Indian army but..

Desperate Haryanvi men turn 'fake Sikhs' to join Army

"CHANDIGARH: When Shiv (name changed), a resident of Kaithal in Haryana, cleared all tests and was selected to join the Indian Army's Sikh regiment in February 2016, instructors at the training centre felt that something was not right. Not only did he have a Hindu name, he couldn't speak even a few lines of Punjabi. When exposed, Shiv candidly admitted that he forged documents to show himself as a Sikh to join the Army.

This is just one of 51 FIRs registered against young men from Haryana in the past two years who have tried to pass themselves off as Jatt Sikhs so that they can join the Army's Sikh regiment. It is also a reflection of the sheer desperation among youth in Haryana who see the Army as the only hope for them to earn a decent living.

In most cases, the men were selected for the forces and were caught at the time of training at the Sikh regimental centres. The FIRs studied by TOI show that some of the aspirants had forged documents by adding the word 'Sikh' to their caste certificates. In other cases, they completed the baptism ritual in Sikhism - taking Amrit - at a gurdwara. However, they had completed the ritual after registering themselves for the Army selection process.

The Indian Army has a number of community-specific regiments as cultural homogeneity has been observed to be a force multiplier during battles. It is a tradition followed since the British era.

Simarjeet (name changed) could not articulate certain basic tenets of Sikhism when quizzed by officials at the Sikh regiment centre and later confessed that he had taken Amrit in a gurdwara after he was selected for the Army under the Sikh quota. Both Shiv and Simarjeet have been terminated from the Army and now face criminal cases."

https://timesofindia.indiatimes.com...e-sikhs-to-join-army/articleshow/58849022.cms

And don't think I am saying this because I want to score some internet brownie points. I am genuinely interested to see how you would explain this.

Because if there is a civil war in india or muslims are attacked such as in Gujarat a Muslim regiment may react to protect their community

As a result no muslim regiment

Muslims only represent a couple of percent in indian military anyway

I don't claim to be an expert on the Indian army but..

Desperate Haryanvi men turn 'fake Sikhs' to join Army

"CHANDIGARH: When Shiv (name changed), a resident of Kaithal in Haryana, cleared all tests and was selected to join the Indian Army's Sikh regiment in February 2016, instructors at the training centre felt that something was not right. Not only did he have a Hindu name, he couldn't speak even a few lines of Punjabi. When exposed, Shiv candidly admitted that he forged documents to show himself as a Sikh to join the Army.

This is just one of 51 FIRs registered against young men from Haryana in the past two years who have tried to pass themselves off as Jatt Sikhs so that they can join the Army's Sikh regiment. It is also a reflection of the sheer desperation among youth in Haryana who see the Army as the only hope for them to earn a decent living.

In most cases, the men were selected for the forces and were caught at the time of training at the Sikh regimental centres. The FIRs studied by TOI show that some of the aspirants had forged documents by adding the word 'Sikh' to their caste certificates. In other cases, they completed the baptism ritual in Sikhism - taking Amrit - at a gurdwara. However, they had completed the ritual after registering themselves for the Army selection process.

The Indian Army has a number of community-specific regiments as cultural homogeneity has been observed to be a force multiplier during battles. It is a tradition followed since the British era.

Simarjeet (name changed) could not articulate certain basic tenets of Sikhism when quizzed by officials at the Sikh regiment centre and later confessed that he had taken Amrit in a gurdwara after he was selected for the Army under the Sikh quota. Both Shiv and Simarjeet have been terminated from the Army and now face criminal cases."

https://timesofindia.indiatimes.com...e-sikhs-to-join-army/articleshow/58849022.cms

And don't think I am saying this because I want to score some internet brownie points. I am genuinely interested to see how you would explain this.

Appreciate that man, that create an environment to discuss and not to debate.

Just one point - Sikhs, Haryanwi, Rajpoots are more sought not just of their caste but they are in general better built. I do not see why would an Haryanwi want to present himself as a sikh unless he want an extra leverage of some quota system. The news you have posted educated me of presence of some quota for sikh and that goes to internal belief that cultural homogeneity in regiment create better bonding and thus act as force multiplier.

Personally, though it may have roots in colonial era, I would love to demolish this quota system and give 100% weight to merit.

I suspect, this sikh quota might have something related to counter sikh insurgency in 80s.

oh dear @xxx By your Logic, Pippin was also Bootlicker when he went to UN mission

No dear - The circumstantial evidence, that Jahil Sharif got employed by his masters in Arab soon after his retirement to fight against their personal enemies, suggest a quid pro quo. Not to forget the Sharif linkage.

Bipin Rawat was chosen on merit. Once he gets employed by BJP for themselves after his retirement, or you can identify any personal benefits given to him, you can surely blame pimping on him. I will also sing the same in chorus with you. Deal.

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom