What's new

Why 'NO' Muslim Regiment in Indian Army

Because Indian Army do have Formation based on religion

Which is ? Sikh regiment ? I think if you look in to it's history it was created by the British after the annexation of the Sikh empire by them, Nothing to do with the exclusivity of the Sikh religion, It was just transferred to the successive Indian republic.. There are many other regiments i believe in the Indian Army named after parts of demographics which were under the British empire such as Madras regiment and Assam rifles but non based on religious beliefs

do you even know what does supersede means boy?
gen Pippin was junior other two were Senior yet he was made COAS by Modi becuase of Gen's extrimist tendencies
Some thick heads only see things from a religious angle. Not my problem, and why was your General superseded officers? Because others are sissies or he deserves to be chief based on his experience?

Which is ? Sikh regiment ? I think if you look in to it's history it was created by the British after the annexation of the Sikh empire by them, Nothing to do with the exclusivity of the Sikh religion, It was just transferred to the successive Indian republic.. There are many other regiments i believe in the Indian Army named after parts of demographics which were under the British empire such as Madras regiment and Assam rifles but non based on religious beliefs
They are more regional based. Sikh regiments mostly consist of Sikhs and Haryanvis in some cases people from other regions who have experience talking in the regional dialect. While Madras-based on South.

Some thick heads only see things from a religious angle. Not my problem, and why was your General superseded officers? Because others are sissies or he deserves to be chief based on his experience?
how come Junior has more experience than seniors? Pippin was promoted because of his pimping for BJP

irony is too strong in this one
What a moronic suggestion.. Why would any serving army in the world have regiments based on religious groups ?

Did I hit a raw nerve troll?:lol:
Some one has been talking to mirror too much lately

Why not start a topic on Buddhist, Jain, Christian regiment? There is no religion based regiment. I came across another thread a few months back about why missiles from India are given Hindu names. :lol:
Obviously the Indian media and TTs feel that the Muslim Regiment has been sidelined hence they are not debating other types of regiments....on the contrary, there were Indian members questioning why Pakistani missiles are named after Muslim kings and rulers .... who didn't belong to Pakistan. :rolleyes:

What a moronic suggestion.. Why would any serving army in the world have regiments based on religious groups ?

Sikh regiment?

Although I agree with you, having a regiment based on a religion is stupid.

irony is too strong in this one

How come ? As mentioned before these regiments were formed by the British based on regions they controlled, Sikhs mainly resided in Punjab and North Western states of current day India, Just like Madrasis (South Indians) resided in the Madras presidency, I think Indian Muslims are neither region based or mono ethnic to be grouped as such

Most Societies dont see everything through a religious prism, May be that's where you're confused.. I'm not even Indian and i'm not here to speak on their behalf but something as absurd as a suggestion to form an regiment based on religion needed to be retorted where ever one comes from

Sikh regiment?

Although I agree with you, having a regiment based on a religion is stupid.

From what i understand it was a British creation based on the region rather than religion, Just that at the time of it's creation the region was under or taken from the Sikh empire

Last edited:
Obviously the Indian media and TTs feel that the Muslim Regiment has been sidelined hence they are not debating other types of regiments....on the contrary, there were Indian members questioning why Pakistani missiles are named after Muslim kings and rulers .... who didn't belong to Pakistan. :rolleyes:
Indian media is not seeing an issue in this. Other than few Green bhakt videos from the other side. There is no issue of creating Muslim regiment.

From what i understand it was a British creation based on the region rather than religion, Just that at the time of it's creation the region was under or taken from the Sikh empire

Yes that's a pertinent point. But it doesn't negate the fact that the Indian Army still has a regiment that recruits overwhelmingly from one religious community. Thank god this idea was shot down for a British Army Sikh regiment some years back.

Yes that's a pertinent point. But it doesn't negate the fact that the Indian Army still has a regiment that recruits overwhelmingly from one religious community. Thank god this idea was shot down for a British Army Sikh regiment some years back.

Hmmm i think though it's predominantly Sikh for obvious reasons but not exclusive if i'm not mistaken

What a loser! you can see the world in the view of Muslim or non Muslim. But the irony is all the Muslim countries hates you. There were many Muslims countries in FATF but no one voted for you. Shame. All your Muslim neighbors are our friend and hates you. lol

Indian media is not seeing an issue in this. Other than few Green bhakt videos from the other side. There is no issue of creating Muslim regiment.
So it's the other side claiming that Indian Muslim soldiers refused to fight Pakistan in 1965.....damn saffron brigade is losing it's charm there.

What a loser! you can see the world in the view of Muslim or non Muslim. But the irony is all the Muslim countries hates you. There were many Muslims countries in FATF but no one voted for you. Shame. All your Muslim neighbors are our friend and hates you. lol

The Idiots are lose on the forum again....what does all this nonsense has to do with the subject at hand or this is your only escape from the argument....what a retard. :lol:

Hmmm i think though it's predominantly Sikh for obvious reasons but not exclusive if i'm not mistaken

I am not sure what the Indian folks here are spinning, but as far as I know, you still have to show characteristics of Sikh origin to join Sikh regiment still. I recently read people from Haryana were trying to join by pretending to be Sikhs. So not sure why they needed to pretend to be Sikhs if it was open to all.

EDIT: I am aware some officers are deputed from other regiments and don't necessarily have to be Sikhs. Also, I don't personally care, India can do what it wants with its army.

Last edited:

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom