What's new

Why no export-success for the J-10 so far ?

I think if china officially induct JF17 thunder in their airforce and Pakistan buy 36 j10b (Musharaf era agreement) than their will be no problem for both fighter jets to get export agreements.

I think if china officially induct JF17 thunder in their airforce and Pakistan buy 36 j10b (Musharaf era agreement) than their will be no problem for both fighter jets to get export agreements.
Why do you think that? There are no connection of induction of JF-17 to the PLAAF with the induction of J-10 to the PAF:hitwall::crazy:

China is fitting with the new J-10 squadrons with the WS-10B, but it is not shown right now.

So Deino doesn't know it.

But why are then all J-10s including the latest one spotted at CAC fitted with the original engine ?
Usually we have quite a fine understanding of when factory-fresh new aircraft are delivered to a unit and sometimes - sadly not as often I like to know - we also know what unit and where ....

Honestly, I would be glad if finally the WS-10B-powered J-10C would enter operational service and You are indeed correct I do not exclude - I even hope - that there is something progressing behind, but given the latest images of a J-10C (said to be 2-42) it is still not powered by the WS-10B; that's again sad, but a fact.

J-10C 2-x2 said to be 2.42 - 20.8.16 mod.jpg

Otherwise I would be glad if You could share Your better insight and tell what new regiments (not squadrons by the way) are currently under conversion and why so far none of them was even spotted at CAC?

Only wishful thinking is not a proof ... at least for me and that does not mean I'm in denial-modus.
Deino

The reasons that no J-10 has been exported are simple:

- Potential customers are flooded with second hand F-16s they can buy for cheap.
- Customers prefer operating NATO standard jets, as introducing J-10 would mean setting up different protocol for logistics and training.
- It's too expensive for countries such as Bangladesh, Sri Lanka and Nigeria, traditional buyers of Chinese weaponry.

But why are then all J-10s including the latest one spotted at CAC fitted with the original engine ?
Usually we have quite a fine understanding of when factory-fresh new aircraft are delivered to a unit and sometimes - sadly not as often I like to know - we also know what unit and where ....

Honestly, I would be glad if finally the WS-10B-powered J-10C would enter operational service and You are indeed correct I do not exclude - I even hope - that there is something progressing behind, but given the latest images of a J-10C (said to be 2-42) it is still not powered by the WS-10B; that's again sad, but a fact.

View attachment 332064

Otherwise I would be glad if You could share Your better insight and tell what new regiments (not squadrons by the way) are currently under conversion and why so far none of them was even spotted at CAC?

Only wishful thinking is not a proof ... at least for me and that does not mean I'm in denial-modus.
Deino
you better knows Chinese weapon development program than Chinese senior member on PDF:hitwall::crazy::blah: for your baseless satisfactions

Last edited by a moderator:
you better knows Chinese weapon development program than Chinese senior member on PDF:hitwall::crazy::blah: for your baseless satisfactions

No, I don't know it better - surely not and I never said that - as such to bash me as a typical arrogant Western is IMO only proof for Your ignorance to at least ask or answer questions, especially since I'm with You.

However I do not believe each and every rumour without a proof - something I maybe learnt from my scientific background as a chemist.. Therefore again, instead of bashing me as stupid, I ask You politely again to answer the questions:

- why are then all J-10s including the latest one spotted at CAC fitted with the original engine ?
- why have we seen so far only the few mentioned WS-10-powered J-10Bs instead of the ones You mentioned that reportedly equip new units?

Again and honestly I beg You to at least be fair enough to read my post and try to understand my intention. I would be glad if finally the WS-10B-powered J-10C would enter operational service and You are indeed correct I do not exclude - I even hope - that there is something progressing behind, but given the latest images of a J-10C (said to be 2-42) it is still not powered by the WS-10B; that's again sad, but a fact.

So let us discuss in a civil manner ... Otherwise to still bash me as stupid or arrogant makes You only look like a fan-boy.

Deino

No, I don't know it better - surely not and I never said that - as such to bash me as a typical arrogant Western is IMO only proof for Your ignorance to at least ask or answer questions, especially since I'm with You.

However I do not believe each and every rumour without a proof - something I maybe learnt from my scientific background as a chemist.. Therefore again, instead of bashing me as stupid, I ask You politely again to answer the questions:

- why are then all J-10s including the latest one spotted at CAC fitted with the original engine ?
- why have we seen so far only the few mentioned WS-10-powered J-10Bs instead of the ones You mentioned that reportedly equip new units?

Again and honestly I beg You to at least be fair enough to read my post and try to understand my intention. I would be glad if finally the WS-10B-powered J-10C would enter operational service and You are indeed correct I do not exclude - I even hope - that there is something progressing behind, but given the latest images of a J-10C (said to be 2-42) it is still not powered by the WS-10B; that's again sad, but a fact.

So let us discuss in a civil manner ... Otherwise to still bash me as stupid or arrogant makes You only look like a fan-boy.

Deino
you are not aero engine developer or engineer so how can you differentiate which one AL-31FN3 or which one is WS10, just you wishful thinking and your baseless asumptions?:hitwall::p::p:

you are not aero engine developer or engineer so how can you differentiate which one AL-31FN3 or which one is WS10, just you wishful thinking and your baseless asumptions?:hitwall::p::p:

Sorry and excuse me, but your answer is embarrassing and plain your supposedly high standards not worthy. No-one needs to be an aero engine developer or engineer to differ between an AL-31FN from an WS-10. To admit it's only the use of my eyes and brain. And if this is a requirement then You must be a very bad one.

At least I can differ between both ... if they are for You the same, I would consult a doctor and chexk my eyes.
J-10B vs. J-10C nozzle.jpg

And finally, if You don't thrust my "baseless assumptions" why not asking any of the more reliable members here?

Deino

Sorry and excuse me, but your answer is embarrassing and plain your supposedly high standards not worthy. No-one needs to be an aero engine developer or engineer to differ between an AL-31FN from an WS-10. To admit it's only the use of my eyes and brain. And if this is a requirement then You must be a very bad one.

At least I can differ between both ... if they are for You the same, I would consult a doctor and chexk my eyes.
View attachment 332144

And finally, if You don't thrust my "baseless assumptions" why not asking any of the more reliable members here?

Deino
they are all stating this J-10c is tested with WS10

they are all stating this J-10c is tested with WS10

First who is "all" ??? ... and second how reliable they are ? Give me one source ... and not the typical chatter from any unreliable forum,

Again I would be glad, but from none of the reliable members here including @cirr, @siegecrossbow, @hk299792458, @星海军事, @cnleio and surely several more here (I hope they forgive me that I missed them in my list) here I've hear that WS-10B-powered J-10Cs are fielded in operational units. But again I would love to be corrected ... howver not via a unreliable rumour.

By the way and I do not want to be disrespectful, but given Your inability to differ a WS-10 from an AL-31F I slowly get the feeling that You do not even know the difference between a J-10B and J-10C ????

Deino

400 inducted by PLAAF and improving J-11D and J-16 have it also, what doubt ? care to explain, yes certainly J-10 is far far more advance than J-7 and Mirgaes, but Paf wanted it to at least on the par with F-16 blk60

my dear friend do you live in your fool paradise:hitwall::hitwall::hitwall::hitwall::lol::lol::crazy::crazy: now tell us how individual Pakistani can sell it secret to the third party:rofl::rofl::suicide::suicide::suicide2:
ever heard of spies ??

How many J10 does PLAAF plans to operate in the future considering they are developing both single/twin engine 5th gen aircraft?

because PK have experience in F16, if export J10 is should spend lot of time to learn it.
But now US firm offers F16-Block70 and F18 production shift to India. it is not good for PK, so who know how to deal with it? You know I mean the F16-Block70 is far better than Pakistanis fighter

Back
Top Bottom