What's new

Why NATO is a weak alliance

They also had internal conflict, i.e., Turkey vs Greece
Uhm, Warsaw pact countries:

On 14 May 1955, the USSR and other seven European countries "reaffirming their desire for the establishment of a system of European collective security based on the participation of all European states irrespective of their social and political systems"[34] established the Warsaw Pact in response to the integration of the Federal Republic of Germany into NATO, declaring that: "a remilitarized Western Germany and the integration of the latter in the North-Atlantic bloc [...] increase the danger of another war and constitutes a threat to the national security of the peaceable states; [...] in these circumstances the peaceable European states must take the necessary measures to safeguard their security
Warsaw Pact - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

But then ...

Hungarian Revolution of 1956 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

In 1968, when the reformer Alexander Dubček was appointed to the key post of First Secretary of the Czechoslovak Communist Party, there was a brief period of liberalization known as the Prague Spring. In response, after failing to persuade the Czechoslovak leaders to change course, five other Eastern Bloc members of the Warsaw Pact invaded. Soviet tanks rolled into Czechoslovakia on the night of 20–21 August 1968
Czechoslovakia - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I think you can qualify those as 'internal conflicts' within the Warsaw Pact.

Uhm, Warsaw pact countries:

Warsaw Pact - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

But then ...

Hungarian Revolution of 1956 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

In 1968, when the reformer Alexander Dubček was appointed to the key post of First Secretary of the Czechoslovak Communist Party, there was a brief period of liberalization known as the Prague Spring. In response, after failing to persuade the Czechoslovak leaders to change course, five other Eastern Bloc members of the Warsaw Pact invaded. Soviet tanks rolled into Czechoslovakia on the night of 20–21 August 1968
Czechoslovakia - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I think you can qualify those as 'internal conflicts' within the Warsaw Pact.

Yes, I didn't say Warsaw pact don't have conflicts. I said NATO had internal conflict.
Please refer to my post before immediately being sensitive.

2b1f483ef82011acf3f789a04a3b0ad4.png

Back
Top Bottom