What's new

Why is there a statue of Ranjit Singh in Lahore?

Alpha_PK

Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
I'm from Lahore and i just saw that there is a Ranjit Singh statue there.

Why?

Why is there a statue of a tyrant, who tortured muslims during his rule, in the ISLAMIC republic of Pakistan?

And to make it worse, the statue was made and placed there by the Punjab government just last year. It's not even like that it was an ancient statue. They literally made the statue and placed it there.

This is extremely offensive.

Imagine if someone makes a statue of Hitler and places it in front of the Eiffel Tower. It's the same kind of situation here.

Shameful.

What are the Lahoris doing about this?

They should file a petition to get it removed.

And i just saw a tweet where Fawad Chaudhry called Ranjit Singh "Sher-e-Punjab". And i thought he couldn't be any worse.

He was a ruler for the Sikhs not for the muslims.

No Punjabi muslim likes Ranjit Singh.

Also, it's quite funny how Indians are "condemning" this "attack" on the statue but they would do anything to remove the statues of Aurangzeb and the other Mughal rulers from India. Hypocrites.

Because Pakistani liberals are the biggest Islam-hating virmins I've ever seen. They "own" their ethnic, non-Muslim history and disparage anything related to history that's 'Muslim history'

These ethnic secularists hate our Islamic Republic and want to damage it in whatever way they can. PM IK has people like Fawad Chaudhary in his cabinet that pushes these kinds of agendas and praised Ranjit Kanjar's statue.

Because of libtards who dont know there history. Ranjit was a drunkard who had discriminatory policies towards muslims and despised them.

Imagine a statue of Arungzeb in Delhi.

Hindus couldn't even tolerate a Mosque built by Babar and these Pakistani libtards want Punjabi Muslims to built a statue of a tyrant and praise him.
Because Pakistani liberals are the biggest Islam-hating virmins I've ever seen. They "own" their ethnic, non-Muslim history and disparage anything related to history that's 'Muslim history'

These ethnic secularists hate our Islamic Republic and want to damage it in whatever way they can. PM IK has people like Fawad Chaudhary in his cabinet that pushes these kinds of agendas and praised Ranjit Kanjar's statue.

You can see his latest tweet on this issue.

Referring to the statue breaking incident, he said that our education system is to blame that we don't appreciate our "heroes".

And THIS guy is holding such a high position in our country. smh

Keyboard warrior who know nothing about the history come here and say bullshit things.

Just goes to show your ignorance

Yes, I understand. Pakistan has been trying to revive Khalistan so they are doing all these gimmicks to get some sympathy from sikhs , even kartarpur was another gimmick, but so is India supporting the Baloch movement & had supported Mukti bahini in the past but that dint make any Indian govt put a statue of Aurangzeb in Delhi or inaugurate any masjid , just imagine Modi doing that lol, let’s just say that Indians are more classy when it comes to supporting secessionist groups, they do it covertly

Keyboard warrior who know nothing about the history come here and say bullshit things.

Just goes to show your ignorance

Ranjit Singh used the Badshahi Masjid as a stable for his horses.

That is a fact.

Are you trying to justify it?
You can't and won't understand this because your just a d*ck with no brain. If you had a brain you would know this was done with a eye on politics intended to curry favour with Sikhs in India. That statue is just one little help in the effort to push the Khalistan project into reality. That frankly is worth a few dumb Lahori's being offended.

Think big. You live in a big city. Not a village in South Punjab.

A statue will help to push Khalistan into reality? LOL

No respectable muslim would tolerate a statue of a tyrant in their backyard just to appease a community who killed muslims in Punjab 1947.

Are you a Punjabi?
No big deal he was a punjabi, good to see people of Punjab taking pride in their heritage & leaders.

He was a Punjabi SIKH.

He wasn't a leader for the muslims.

Stop trying to claim him. He wasn't and isn't our leader.

Hindus couldn't even tolerate a Mosque built by Babar and these Pakistani libtards want Punjabi Muslims to built a statue of a tyrant and praise him.

You can see his latest tweet on this issue.

Referring to the statue breaking incident, he said that our education system is to blame that we don't appreciate our "heroes".

And THIS guy is holding such a high position in our country. smh

Nothing new, Punjabi Muslims always had love for punjabis regardless of religion, they even joined Ranjits army & fought against Turco Afghans.

Nothing shocking about it at all, we did the same for our cousins to the west.

Nothing new, Punjabi Muslims always had love for punjabis regardless of religion, they even joined Ranjits army & fought against Turco Afghans.

Nothing shocking about it at all, we did the same for our cousins to the west.

You're not gonna find many Punjabi muslims who have a favourable view of Punjabi non-muslims.

Ask any Punjabi muslim who lived through the partition, how much "love" the two communities had.

Thousands of Punjabi Muslims were killed in East Punjab.

Your cousins were muslims so it makes sense why you like them. Many Afghans don't even consider sikhs in Afghanistan as their brothers coz they're not muslim. Same concept applies here.
No. What has that got to do with this? I explained to you the reason why this has been done. Thing beyond your nose please. And while one statue will not make Khalistan but to borrow the phrase it is one cut in thousand cuts.

lol.

I don't agree with it but you can have your opinion.

You're not gonna find many Punjabi muslims who have a favourable view of Punjabi non-muslims.

Ask any Punjabi muslim who lived through the partition, how much "love" the two communities had.

Thousands of Punjabi Muslims were killed in East Punjab.
I don’t doubt you, am just stating the facts, if Ranjit statue is in Lahore or not doesn’t bother me, it’s the right of people of that region, they have every right to celebrate & take pride in their past & leaders.

You can't and won't understand this because your just a d*ck with no brain. If you had a brain you would know this was done with a eye on politics intended to curry favour with Sikhs in India. That statue is just one little help in the effort to push the Khalistan project into reality. That frankly is worth a few dumb Lahori's being offended.

Think big. You live in a big city. Not a village in South Punjab.
Before giving gyaan you must contain your excitement for this Khalistan project, seeing this statue those khalistani sardars might be reminded that Lahore is the capital of Khalistan 😆

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom