What's new

Why is there a shortage of female doctors in Pakistan?

Hi,

I have to fight innocence of my young men more than anything else.

If the govt has the power and courage to do that---then it can order the judge to tow the line as well---or stand against the wall.

A lack of female doctors is a SABOTAGE on the workings of a state---it is not that the state did not create enough female doctors---it did---and it paid them out of its pocket as well---no that female doctor has stole the states time---5 + years---it has stolen states funds as well---.

A female doctor is like a fighter pilot---you spend all that money on him and in the end at time of war he says I cannot fight---my husband does not want me to work---. No problem---payback all the money and an extra fine for all those years---.

Fine is nothing.

Its the opportunity cost for poor populations like ours.

Cheers, Doc

I being a doctor have very closely witnessed this unjust division of seats.there should be quota.i paid 162000 for my 5 year fee.and in that 54000 hostel fee included.now just imagine how subsidised medical education is in Pakistan.now a girl come snatch a seat from a boy just to sit in house.while a boy has to bear a burden of whole family.i had female colleague and her excuse during house job were cant do the day duty because it garmi and not able to do the night coz my bf wont allow.arey behan tum duty kab karogi???.sorry to say but there should be strict rules regarding practice and should be forced to do mandatory 3-5 years job.after that go and get marry and bachey paalo
PKR 162000 fr 5 years.... including 54000 hostel fee....thats highly subsidized.

So we have established it is the marriage crazy culture which caused this.

By the way no khatoon entertained this thread. they just looted the money for education and now sit at home taking care of daal chawal politics and work their husbands like slaves in the paddy field.

By the way no khatoon entertained this thread. they just looted the money for education and now sit at home taking care of daal chawal politics and work their husbands like slaves in the paddy field.

It depends on why girls go to medical school in the first place: to practice, or to get a good rishta. They are entitled to pursue their own dreams as best as possible, right? Job done! :D

Seriously though, there is a shortage of all doctors in Pakistan. The root causes are similar for both genders in many ways that result in this shortage.

Been brought up several times but still no one takes heed:

Is it because there are still many doctors unemployed, suggesting an oversupply relative to the capacity of the healthcare system to absorb them? After all, each doctor working requires a large investment in supporting facilities as well.

It depends on why girls go to medical school in the first place: to practice, or to get a good rishta. They are entitled to pursue their own dreams as best as possible, right? Job done! :D

Seriously though, there is a shortage of all doctors in Pakistan. The root causes are similar for both genders in many ways that result in this shortage.

Its hard for them to go and work in other regions other than theirs due to nature of society

Is it because there are still many doctors unemployed, suggesting an oversupply relative to the capacity of the healthcare system to absorb them? After all, each doctor working requires a large investment in supporting facilities as well.
I am not sure ...

We have empty hospitals and doctors no where to be seen in certain hospitals...then we have private clinics which juice the same populace!

Its hard for them to go and work in other regions other than theirs due to nature of society

Then society must do without those services, I suppose, unless proper incentives are provided.

I am not sure ...

We have empty hospitals and doctors no where to be seen in certain hospitals...then we have private clinics which juice the same populace!

Quite a bizarre system, I must admit.

Then society must do without those services, I suppose, unless proper incentives are provided.

Incentive for doctors is their dedication to serve humanity. That is everything they need.

Society already puts them on a pedestal just for being doctors which allows them to be corrupt in their practices as well.

Education is already subsidized what more does one want?
Incentive for doctors is their dedication to serve humanity. That is everything they need.

Why would anyone give up the facilities of a city and go out in the rural areas for less money after working so hard to develop the proper skill set? What other profession goes by this bizarre imbalance?

Why would anyone give up the facilities of a city and go out in the rural areas for less money after working so hard to develop the proper skill set? What other profession goes by this bizarre imbalance?

You think Engineers are of lesser blood that they must risk their lives for less money too?

Like a doctor from Bhakkar wouldn't like to work in Layyah right this is what you mean or something else

Latest posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom