What's new

Why is there a shortage of female doctors in Pakistan?

It is also job of husband to co-operate with wife if she is full time doctor so that she dont feel the need to give up her career to manage family life and children. My sister in law was gold medallist and had passion for work and she could manage to carry on working after marriage only because of my brother who cooperated with her in every stage . He was looking after child when wife was on night duty and often had to cook for himself after coming from work. You know job of doctor is tough and demanding in Pakistan especially in early days of their career. MY sister in law is now getting training/certification in NHS UK which was fully sponsored by Pakistani government and she along with her family would go back to Pakistan after completing training and getting work experience in here ..Study , training and exams of doctor never end and combine it with work plus family life is not easy to manage so they need constant support from close family members
Thats the whole point. 'Support' which unfortunately most women dont get. I am from a medical background (although not a doc) and my sister is a doc so i have a fair idea regarding the strenuous study routine and sacrifices needed. Its like a collective effort for everyone involved.

Thats the whole point. 'Support' which unfortunately most women dont get. I am from a medical background (although not a doc) and my sister is a doc so i have a fair idea regarding the strenuous study routine and sacrifices needed. Its like a collective effort for everyone involved.
also we sometime need to look at bigger picturs . Decision of working or non working should not be based on whether you need money or not...Its service of Pakistan and humanity if you benefit people with your skills

So we have established it is the marriage crazy culture which caused this.

That is not true these days. There are many other factors, which in our society do contribute to ..... if a female can work (not necessarily in medicine field only). Work place harassment for female doctors is comparatively more, they not only have to deal with their colleagues / technicians but uncivilized attendants with patients. Our government hospitals are not the safest places.

And the credit to mullah should also be given ...... they do successfully brainwash the males of the society into believing that "Aurat ki kamai haram hy". Health infrastructure in Pakistan is poor.

Oh dont worry alot more then court is going to be done to him, but we need to save our family member first. He's still in ICU so any prayers would be appreciated

Hope you don't mind mg asking but which operation did your relative have,I'm myself a surgeon just want to know where the dude messed up. No surgeon in his sane mind will cut an artery and leave it like bleeding.

Hope you don't mind mg asking but which operation did your relative have,I'm myself a surgeon just want to know where the dude messed up. No surgeon in his sane mind will cut an artery and leave it like bleeding.
Gallbladder, apprently there were rocks in it. The doctors in Al-shifa said there was no need for an operation and that the other doctor fuked up bad.

Gallbladder, apprently there were rocks in it. The doctors in Al-shifa said there was no need for an operation and that the other doctor fuked up bad.

If there are really big stones in the gallbladder then you need to remove it otherwise it leads to serious problems later on,sometimes when it's stuck then the surgeon can damage one of the blood vessels to the liver and have seen that happen a few times even here in Uk.Two days ago we actually had to abandon such an operation after opening the patient up as it was not possible to continue doing the Op.

If there are really big stones in the gallbladder then you need to remove it otherwise it leads to serious problems later on,sometimes when it's stuck then the surgeon can damage one of the blood vessels to the liver and have seen that happen a few times even here in Uk.Two days ago we actually had to abandon such an operation after opening the patient up as it was not possible to continue doing the Op.
Well this idiot opened him up twice cause he fuked up real bad the first time. He closed off the only way the gallbladder was connected to the rest of the digestive system and cut arteries that he shouldn't have. These arent my word these are the words of the surgeons in Al-shifa. All that lead to him not healing and he kept bleeding out even after 2 days. The about of blood that my family gathered for him was insane and he still bleed it all out. When he was taken to Al-shifa they somehow controlled it and did an operation the next day. now it's not bleeding as profoundly as he was and he is recovering his Hemoglobin.

Well this idiot opened him up twice cause he fuked up real bad the first time. He closed off the only way the gallbladder was connected to the rest of the digestive system and cut arteries that he shouldn't have. These arent my word these are the words of the surgeons in Al-shifa. All that lead to him not healing and he kept bleeding out even after 2 days. The about of blood that my family gathered for him was insane and he still bleed it all out. When he was taken to Al-shifa they somehow controlled it and did an operation the next day. now it's not bleeding as profoundly as he was and he is recovering his Hemoglobin.

If the GB is seriously inflamed and we take it out then there is a risk that we can't remove the whole gallbladder,in that case we only take part of it out and leave the rest behind,now when this happens there is a risk that there might be a bile leak or damage to left hepatic artery because of which there might be a chance of a reoperation.
Won't take sides here,hope that your relative is recovering well now.

If the GB is seriously inflamed and we take it out then there is a risk that we can't remove the whole gallbladder,in that case we only take part of it out and leave the rest behind,now when this happens there is a risk that there might be a bile leak or damage to left hepatic artery because of which there might be a chance of a reoperation.
Won't take sides here,hope that your relative is recovering well now.
Yes but according to other surgeons it was not that bad and did not require any operations.

Latest posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom