What's new

Why is my last name 'Khan' if I am not a Pashtun?

khan has nothing to do with pustun

it is word of mangolians turks not that of pushtoon

i am amazd that y they are writing khan with there names
pustoons really think rarely
they support anp on non issues like kala bagh dam and pakhtoon khawa

i just hate ANP coz of congress vision

for ANP

yeh watan hamara hai
tm ho khawamakha es main

sorry if any one get hurt

It is a wrong conception among pakistanis and indians that Khan is Pashtoon. this title was brought by the mongols as you mentioned and it is used in the wider region from india, pakistan, afghanistan, iran, central asia etc. it has got nothing to do with any specific ethnic group. ironically pakistanis alsos think that afghanistan is equal pashtoon lol. when i meet some pakistanis, if they dont know my name they call me Khan brother just because i am from afghanistan lol. so there is a double mis conception by calling me khan.

Not to worry. Some of the greatest "Khans" weren't Pashtun either - Genghis Khan & Kublai Khan. Actually they weren't even Muslims either. From what I gather, their descendants far outnumber any Pashtun tribe. So a lot of people can technically call themselves "Khan".

i can name you countless number of khans who are not pashtoon.

I have always wondered why my last name is Khan even though there is not a single person in my family that is Pashtun.

Every time I ask my mom, she says we are straight up 'Punjabi.' But that doesn't answer my question. I ask my dad and he says pretty much says the same thing.

So I did a little backtracking of my family history up to some time before the partition.

I came up with this:
My mothers side of the family is almost completely from Amritsar in British India and my fathers side is scattered from several parts of the British Indian side of Punjab and from Rajasthan.

Does this answer my question? I have no freekin idea.

Is there anything else I should get to know of that can answer my question?

maybe ur grand grand father was a pathan lol..
we hav alot of people in peshawar they speak urdu nd punjabi but they r living in peshawar from 100 years and they call them selves pathans but they call them selves peshawari pathans.

brother our pashtons commander nd genrales and kings they use to hav name khan so there familys also hav khan and khan carry ons lol.

for ANP

yeh watan hamara hai
tm ho khawamakha es main

sorry if any one get hurt

anp new leaders r all bad they r all bad and bacha khan was a great guy nd he was burried in afghanistan bcuz he was not in favour of pakistan bcuz he thought pashtons will be ruled by other people pashtons will nto be ruled by there own leaders.nd anp is evil.

i can name you countless number of khans who are not pashtoon.

brother i m a pashtoon i know my history my grand father and his father nd even the elder the commander of my tribe so he use to hav khan name so thast why all our family members hav khan with there names..its abut history we hav history we know our names thats why we write khan with our names.
nd yeah khans r those who r land lords and who is the most rich nd respect person in his people..

many pashtoons dont even hav khan with there names bcuz it depends on there background nd history that where they r coming from ..
in pashtoons u will find bangash, durrani,khan,kakahels,khans.achakzai,mumand,yusufzai,wazir many people put these with there names bcuz they belong to these places.

brother i m a pashtoon i know my history my grand father and his father nd even the elder the commander of my tribe so he use to hav khan name so thast why all our family members hav khan with there namesnd yeah khans r those who r land lords and who is the most rich nd respect person in his people..

brother, that is why i call it mis coception which is common in pakistan. if we go according to this theory, then Changiz Khan was also pathan. Although that is correct that people with land and property are called Khan in afghanistan, iran, central asia, so it has nothing to do with ethnicity.

..its abut history we hav history we know our names thats why we write khan with our names.

i am sure every nation has history, you cant see a historyless nation.:tup:

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom