What's new

Why is My Hijab Your Problem?

Status
Not open for further replies.
"If a woman does not cover her head, she should have her hair cut off; and if it is a disgrace for a woman to have her hair cut or shaved off, she should cover her head"
the bible 1 Corrinthians 11:3-6

This is what bible says about Hijab. it also says Virgin marry never showed her hair.

I found that jews also has concept of Hijab.
In fact they do have even vey strict veils like muslims. And they do have some strict laws for women. I remember recently one of the jewish media which removed Hilary Clinton pic and made big news.

Orthodox Jewish paper apologises for Hillary Clinton deletion | World news | guardian.co.uk
[This was very funny because they erased clinton and showed rest of the people because they shouldnt show ladies.]

Now about Hindus, They also had Hijab.

It is mentioned in the Rig Veda Book no. 8 Hymn no. 33 V. no. 19

“When Brahma has made you a woman, you should lower your gaze and should not look up. You should put your feet together and you should not reveal what the garment and the veil conceals.”

So the Rig Veda says that the woman should wear the veil.

It is further mentioned in Rig Veda Book no. 10 Hymn no. 85 V. no.30

It is further mentioned in the Mahavir Charitra Act 2 Page 71 that
When Purshuram comes, Rama tells his wife Sita that “He is our elder, please lower your gaze, and put on the veil. “

Rama tells his wife Sita to put on the veil and to lower her gaze.

If you read historical books, the books talking about the Coin Age, the Age of the Gupta and the post Gupta age, there are coins , on which there are pictures of the Indain woman wearing the veils and the veil are going upto their shoulders, some go upto the arms. There are many Indian woman in the villages who wear the veils, some of the woman even cover their faces.

So,if you analyze, even the Hindu Scriptures say that a woman should wear the veil. That the woman should lower their gaze.

[Note: About Hindus and Bible i pasted info got from net.]

Now many people here argue that it wearing Hijab is Arabs culture This is really not correct. Very few years back Indian women were also wearing full modest dress, Even many put their cloth on head (Our prev president Prathiba patil wears always, I dont know why!!)
Now what has happened is some westerners are promoting their trends (Not chrisitianity) by hollywood etc, they marketed their thoughts so well that other people started thinking that, wow this is modern. Only thing was they have the control over the world media and whatever they show will become the standard. If any one doesnt follow them, they portray them as backword.

I think India is the biggest Victim of it. Now Indians are gon up to this extent that they changed their mother tongue to english. Their children is talking only english. Soon, Very soon India culture will be very same as US.

I feel really proud of the people who still wear Hijab and trying to prevent your culture and swimming against. Hats-off to you all.

a little add to that

Last edited by a moderator:
It says. There are strict rules for men also. It tells men has to lower her eyes and should not look into women without any reasons.

Trust me, Men are not forcing women this dress code because they are women. Only because their religion says so they are wearing it. We dont need to tell our family members to wear these dress. They themself do.

It says. There are strict rules for men also. It tells men has to lower her eyes and should not look into women without any reasons.

Trust me, Men are not forcing women this dress code because they are women. Only because their religion says so they are wearing it. We dont need to tell our family members to wear these dress. They themself do.

Good, just dont do it in Rome. Because in Rome, it may cause conflict. Do it where it is done.

Good, just dont do it in Rome. Because in Rome, it may cause conflict. Do it where it is done.
I dont know rome banned it or not. As far as i know it did not. Suppose if rome bans it, then every one must obey it there. Including muslims. If they dont want to obey they need to relocate.

In the same way, In Saudi you must wear it.

Q. Why is My Hijab Your Problem?

Ans. Because we have all right to protect our people and city from suicide attacks that can be disguised under a hijab or burkha.
WTF??? How can you hide anything that big under a Hijab you idiot???

Burka, maybe, but Hijab:lol:???

Only retards come up with retarded excuses like these.

A moving tent is a big symbol of suppression and brain washing to justify it.

What the hell is a moving tent? I have yet to come across one, do they have moving tents in india?

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2710/4086028739_28592a5ce2.jpg

BTW, the woman in your Avatar is also wearing a Hijab, what's your opinion of her?

I dont know rome banned it or not. As far as i know it did not. Suppose if rome bans it, then every one must obey it there. Including muslims. If they dont want to obey they need to relocate.

In the same way, In Saudi you must wear it.

Rome is more of a proverbial term, but the idea remains the same. I agree with your last statement.

And what men do mostly defy every single word of any scripture to which ever religion they belong to.Its the men who have all the vices.

-Its the men who eve tease,molest,rapes
-its the men who drink alcohol despite being forbidden by religion
-its the men who abuse ,kill, maim people

etc
etc
etc

And its the men who are discussing the topic totally concerning to women

For once y not men open thread for morality prescribed for men in scriptures.No they wont do it.But they will flock into and poke their nose into every issues concerning women.

And what men do mostly defy every single word of any scripture to which ever religion they belong to.Its the men who have all the vices.

-Its the men who eve tease,molest,rapes
-its the men who drink alcohol despite being forbidden by religion
-its the men who abuse ,kill, maim people

etc
etc
etc

And its the men who are discussing the topic totally concerning to women

For once y not men open thread for morality prescribed for men in scriptures.No they wont do it.But they will flock into and poke their nose into every issues concerning women.

Yes, I do agree. When they defy they will be sinners. For a rapist islam gives death is as the punishment. That too publicly. Isnt this a great respect for women modesty?
Topic doesnt concern only women. It concerns all the religions.

Now, I will tell you there are so many rules which is difficult for men still many muslims follow.
1. Muslim Men cant wear gold, Women can. Many times i wish like i too want a gold chain. But i cant.
2. I am sure that most women are victims of alchohol. Islam prohibits it ans surly this helped soooo many women. (Ban applies to both men and women. But men mosly drink). If you havnt see a miserable life of women in some of the rural areas, Then i will tell you according to me this is the greatest thing islam has ever done to women. Ban alchohol.
Many times i do want to taste once. But i cotrol my self. Only because i am muslim and islam prohibits.
You might show some muslims who drinks. Thats their problem. But i can show soo many muslims who doesnt drink ONLY because they are muslims.

There are restrictions on men, there are on women. Together if everything is followed correctly properly. then surly it will be good. But its of no use follow one and dont follow other.

"If a woman does not cover her head, she should have her hair cut off; and if it is a disgrace for a woman to have her hair cut or shaved off, she should cover her head"
the bible 1 Corrinthians 11:3-6

This is what bible says about Hijab. it also says Virgin marry never showed her hair.

I found that jews also has concept of Hijab.
In fact they do have even vey strict veils like muslims. And they do have some strict laws for women. I remember recently one of the jewish media which removed Hilary Clinton pic and made big news.

Orthodox Jewish paper apologises for Hillary Clinton deletion | World news | guardian.co.uk
[This was very funny because they erased clinton and showed rest of the people because they shouldnt show ladies.]

Now about Hindus, They also had Hijab.

It is mentioned in the Rig Veda Book no. 8 Hymn no. 33 V. no. 19

“When Brahma has made you a woman, you should lower your gaze and should not look up. You should put your feet together and you should not reveal what the garment and the veil conceals.”

So the Rig Veda says that the woman should wear the veil.

It is further mentioned in Rig Veda Book no. 10 Hymn no. 85 V. no.30

It is further mentioned in the Mahavir Charitra Act 2 Page 71 that
When Purshuram comes, Rama tells his wife Sita that “He is our elder, please lower your gaze, and put on the veil. “

Rama tells his wife Sita to put on the veil and to lower her gaze.

If you read historical books, the books talking about the Coin Age, the Age of the Gupta and the post Gupta age, there are coins , on which there are pictures of the Indain woman wearing the veils and the veil are going upto their shoulders, some go upto the arms. There are many Indian woman in the villages who wear the veils, some of the woman even cover their faces.

So,if you analyze, even the Hindu Scriptures say that a woman should wear the veil. That the woman should lower their gaze.

[Note: About Hindus and Bible i pasted info got from net.]

Now many people here argue that it wearing Hijab is Arabs culture This is really not correct. Very few years back Indian women were also wearing full modest dress, Even many put their cloth on head (Our prev president Prathiba patil wears always, I dont know why!!)
Now what has happened is some westerners are promoting their trends (Not chrisitianity) by hollywood etc, they marketed their thoughts so well that other people started thinking that, wow this is modern. Only thing was they have the control over the world media and whatever they show will become the standard. If any one doesnt follow them, they portray them as backword.

I think India is the biggest Victim of it. Now Indians are gon up to this extent that they changed their mother tongue to english. Their children is talking only english. Soon, Very soon India culture will be very same as US.

I feel really proud of the people who still wear Hijab and trying to prevent your culture and swimming against. Hats-off to you all.

The part about Hindu scriptures, looks more like a Zakir Naik specialty - picking up random quotes without stating the context and trying to view it through the prism of Islam an thus justifying what is written in Islam.

Veil - I would not even call it the veil as it is misleading - or the pallu which is put over the head sometimes, started becoming a part of the Indian social milieu after the Islamic invasions started. If anyone notes the sculptures in the temples that were built pre-12th century you would see that no such veil existed and women dressed very liberally. And modesty in Indian/Hindu context was always one of mind and less of body. I'm not even mentioning the Khajuraho temples or their sculptures here ;) The concept of 'physical modesty' and that too to an extreme is product of Islamic invasions of India before which women usually enjoyed considerable liberty as the women, children were spared by and large of any warcrimes and it was only after the invaders from west that women also started becoming a casualty in war.

And Hijab is indeed an Arab import, though it has undergone considerable change in South Asia and now it has become more common in south asia - especially India - than even in Arabia where its only the hijab.

The part about Hindu scriptures, looks more like a Zakir Naik specialty - picking up random quotes without stating the context and trying to view it through the prism of Islam an thus justifying what is written in Islam.

Veil - I would not even call it the veil as it is misleading - or the pallu which is put over the head sometimes, started becoming a part of the Indian social milieu after the Islamic invasions started. If anyone notes the sculptures in the temples that were built pre-12th century you would see that no such veil existed and women dressed very liberally. And modesty in Indian/Hindu context was always one of mind and less of body. I'm not even mentioning the Khajuraho temples or their sculptures here ;)

And Hijab is indeed an Arab import, though it has undergone considerable change in South Asia and now it has become more common in south asia - especially India - than even in Arabia where its only the hijab.

I dint take from Zakir Naik. By the way if Zakir Naik quoted wrong context, you can always explain him. Atleast you can explain me now. Dont shoot messenger :-)

How can it be it is Arab culture when Jews and Christians are wearing it in other country? Also Mother Theresa in India wears is much better than many of Todays Muslim Girls.

I dint take from Zakir Naik. By the way if Zakir Naik quoted wrong context, you can always explain him. Atleast you can explain me now. Dont shoot messenger :-)

Zakir Naik is one of the the biggest fools I've seen and frankly he is beyond any redemption. And a messenger is always the first one to be shot in any argument. Like how people shoot P.N.Oak before replying to any of his claims ;)

How can it be it is Arab culture when Jews and Christians are wearing it in other country? Also Mother Theresa in India wears is much better than many of Todays Muslim Girls.

Ok its a Middle Eastern import. Happy ?

What I meant was that particular middle eastern piece of clothing first reached India through th islamic invasions.

Veil - I would not even call it the veil as it is misleading - or the pallu which is put over the head sometimes, started becoming a part of the Indian social milieu after the Islamic invasions started. If anyone notes the sculptures in the temples that were built pre-12th century you would see that no such veil existed and women dressed very liberally. And modesty in Indian/Hindu context was always one of mind and less of body. I'm not even mentioning the Khajuraho temples or their sculptures here ;) The concept of 'physical modesty' and that too to an extreme is product of Islamic invasions of India before which women usually enjoyed considerable liberty as the women, children were spared by and large of any warcrimes and it was only after the invaders from west that women also started becoming a casualty in war.

Forget veil...toplesssness was the norm in much of India. In Kerala it extended even up to 1920s-30s.

Why do indians have a problem with every Islamic culture?

if u guys r so anti try to implement it in ur country and see the +ve reaction.:meeting:

its not necessary 2 say something if u can speak Hinglish.

(Covering of women is also a part of Hindu culture)

Hijab has been discussed a billion of times on this forum, mods should close this thread now, enjoy your hijabs and dont force them upon people :tup:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom