What's new

Why is INDIA so Dirty?

It depends on what people consider decent living standards across the world. India (Indian larger cities especially) are a different story.

Dharavi is the world's largest filthy slum in Mumbai near the CSIA airport flightpath, it has been there for 190 years with no one in India lifting a finger to change the scenario. They just sit with their hands under their butts, Indian style. They have gotten used to the filth, as typical. Another reason is that they are cheap by nature....the other is that because of the caste system, no one cares about underclass people in India.

View attachment 901353

Meanwhile in Bangladesh, when people are displaced because of govt. projects, replacement apartments are automatically built as 'compensation housing'.

These apartments for lower middle income people were built because they lost land for some of the Dhaka city flyovers.

View attachment 901354

Ditto for compensation housing for one of the Chinese power projects in Payra in Southern Bangladesh. I am yet to see anything like this in India.

@Hellfire2006 @bluesky @SSBN81 @beijingwalker

Last edited:
@Hellfire2006 @bluesky @SSBN81 @beijingwalker

Yeah aspirational news again. We will believe it when we see it.

Population density in east China and Japan, Korea, Singapore are all much higher than that of India, but we don't see that hell on earth scenes everywhere in India.
Not talking about Korea and Japan. But how is the population density of China more than that of India? China has 3 times the land of India but similar population.

They may try - but they can't keep it. These people are the most disorganized and mismanaged group of people in the entire world...
Not gonna lie, but they think they're super powas with these caterpillar shaped trains. It surely looks like a caterpillar in the front.

Not talking about Korea and Japan. But how is the population density of China more than that of India? China has 3 times the land of India but similar population
94% of China's population lives east of the Heihe–Tengchong Line. West of the line: 57% of the area; only 6% of the population. East of the line: 43% of the area; 94% of the population.

Not gonna lie, but they think they're super powas with these caterpillar shaped trains. It surely looks like a caterpillar in the front.

94% of China's population lives east of the Heihe–Tengchong Line. West of the line: 57% of the area; only 6% of the population. East of the line: 43% of the area; 94% of the population.

Caterpillar! 😆

We should allow wumao to act out here. Things back home are grim. Congregating here like a bunch of A san's must be cathartic.

The accountability loop in local governance (which is paid to provide public sanitation and employ police to enforce laws) doesn’t reward cleanliness and doesn’t harshly punish to the level required to make people care about the common space. There is also the feeling that if I don’t clean it up someone else will, or it’s not my job to clean it up. Collective social responsibility is lacking where people see their differences more then their similarities. India is closer to the societal structure of Victorian England (density, ever more diverse cities where normal people have less say, and feel they can make a difference) then a more egalitarian modern society. There is also not enough spent to improve city design to prevent a build up of trash.

Just some guesses.

Last edited:
Bro, when did you start drinking the Indian secret recipe?

Aesay he bore ho raha tha. Socha, kuchh tuchkar-baazi karoon.😛😛

Hell no, legacy of our hindu roots, we are equally disgusting...

I believe that Hindu religion promotes cleanliness. It must be some other factor.

Simple and short answer - India is dirty place because indians made it dirty.

They are just naturally dirty. I mean for them to be able to bathe and drink water from polluted human ash filled rivers next to half burned corpses? You just have to be dirty in nature and instinct.

Simple and short answer - India is dirty place because indians made it dirty.

They are just naturally dirty. I mean for them to be able to bathe and drink water from polluted human ash filled rivers next to half burned corpses? You just have to be dirty in nature and instinct.
Go and read about Swachh Bharat Mission

Go and read about Swachh Bharat Mission

Indore and Surat were clean cities before the Modi propaganda on Swacch Bharat. Indore, like most hill stations and sparsely populated towns, is relatively clean. As suits a city with little industrialization.

This swacch bharat propaganda was for votes as usual....just like Mars Mission (Mangalayan), Moon Mission (Chandrayan), and numerous other showcase projects just like the Bande Bharat express.

All designed to distract people (squirrel !!) from Modi failures like Notebandi, GST etc. Failures like falling behind Bangladesh in GDP per capita nominal. A decade before, Bangladesh GDP per capita nominal was one fifth that of India I believe, or some such ridiculous figure.

Modi pulled all of India down with him.

Mahaan !! :lol:

Indore and Surat were clean cities before the Modi propaganda on Swacch Bharat. Indore, like most hill stations and sparsely populated towns, is relatively clean. As suits a city with little industrialization.

This swacch bharat propaganda was for votes as usual....just like Mars Mission (Mangalayan), Moon Mission (Chandrayan), and numerous other showcase projects just like the Bande Bharat express.

All designed to distract people (squirrel !!) from Modi failures like Notebandi, GST etc. Failures like falling behind Bangladesh in GDP per capita nominal. A decade before, Bangladesh GDP per capita nominal was one fifth that of India I believe, or some such ridiculous figure.

Modi pulled all of India down with him.

Mahaan !! :lol:

Indore is a hill station. Gotcha.

To lungi below sea level anything 553 meters ASL is hill station dagaddhayya.

Back
Top Bottom