What's new

Why Indians embraced slavery in past ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
@Proudpakistaniguy

When you say "Indian History" , Its our history too . My grand father was born in British India and lived most of his life in "British India" , untill our part of land came to be known as Pakistan . so would have been your grand father too . All of our ancestors were "Indians" . Actually you are trying to insult all of us including yourself (unless your ethnicity is Turk or Arab)

These members are not from pakistan, they are from Planet pakistan, a completely alternate Universe, where there were no hindus, not Indian history, 100% arabic progeny....

Proud of what?? Wannabe arab :rofl::rofl:

You people show true nature of your forefathers... You can not be honest to your religion (south asian aka converted muslim but always trying to project your self as arab or turkish :cheesy:)

Proud of its teaching. You did not answer my question and start giving me lecture about my forefather when you have no clue about me. I have asked who were my forefathers who could not defend themselves and got converted by forced( as you said) ? Where your brave Hindu forefather were hiding and why they cannot give protection to my poor coward Hindus ancestors? You don't see that you are insulting yourself(Hindus/Hinduism) by bringing such debate. When i have claimed to be Arab. Its you who is calling me Arab lol .If you are loyal to Islam don't mean you are Arab

These members are not from pakistan, they are from Planet pakistan, a completely alternate Universe, where there were no hindus, not Indian history, 100% arabic progeny....

But your Indian Ammy is saying opposite lol

Facing 3-4 times the strength with technical superiority is no big deal.

Moreover,there were so many traitors all the time,

Having a good army and being a fighter is good but Buddhism had killed the core of our martial spirit and before we could recover and change the impact,we were in trouble.

And the biggest cowards of all,Muslims Rajputs and Jatts who today make flimsy excuses like Sufi baba ne mera sar mor diya type excuses are the biggest reason for this.

Survivaal is very important,Bravery is worthwhile only when there is a real chance of success being blind and stupid ll only lead to death.

Thats why today Hindustan is so big and Pakistan is moth eaten,if we tried to be randomly brave,we ll all be muslims today.

Lastly,Arabs are brave,Israelis are smart and you see the result right there.

I have not started this topic to insult anyone. These are two genuine questions come in my mind frequently which i was not able to get any logical answer.

We know English,Arabs, Persian, Mongol, Turkish, Spanish, Portuguese, French, Russian etc went all over the world to conquer different region and had established their rule over there. Some of them were less in number compare to native Indians of sub-continent region. Which part of the world ruled by Indians ? Why Ghaznavi, Ghori, Abdali with few thousand of people managed to conquer India easily? Why native Indians gave up and embraced slavery of Arabs/afghan/Persian/Mughal/British easily which lasted century after century ? Was It because of cowardice or submissive/subdue nature of Hindus?

The only Hindu empire worth noting for its bravery was the Marathi empire of the 18th century which actually had a lot of Muslims soldiers in its ranks. Living among Hindus for so long the minorities of India have also been affected by this disease of gutlessness and cowardice. Is there something in the Hindu scriptures or Indian psyche that drives this cowardly behavior?

or this cowardice nature was because of extreme division among themselves along caste (sub caste within caste), culture, state, sect, language, dialect etc etc which in result created insecurity, jealousy, hatred, fear, mistrust among them. We know Religion often acts as a morale booster if you are full of confidence and hold your beliefs close to your heart. This is true in case of Muslims at least. Muslims were very few in the beginning of Islam but they faced opponents three-four times bigger in size/strength and often defeated them convincingly.

Hindus create their own interpretation of Hinduism based on their secular beliefs. This is why Hinduism today is nothing more than idolatry, senseless rituals, polytheism, caste system, cow worship etc. Hindus claiming that smoking, drinking, drugs, homosexuality, robbing, cheating etc etc are all cool in Hinduism because Hinduism has "no rules". It is all being done to show that Hinduism is more compatible with west and it is a very liberal religion. You can act cowardly because there is something called karma. You are very peaceful if you cannot dare to fight. I don't think such Religion with no rules can inspire its followers to fight against invaders.

I have shared my personal thought and perception. I would be interested to know what you guys think about it ? Please give to the point answer without bringing irrelevant stuffs. Thanks

People have no appetite to give intelligent answer to a half literate moron like you; who is not only a bigot of epic proportion but is intellectually lazy to comprehend history of world order. If one has to give you benefit of doubt on your naivety because your are begging the same from us, even then one can not offer it you, because we know your previous history of illiterate rants and nauseating bias against people you are targeting.

Proud of its teaching. You did not answer my question and start giving me lecture about my forefather when you have no clue about me. I have asked who were my forefathers who could not defend themselves and got converted by forced( as you said) ? Where your brave Hindu forefather were hiding and why they cannot give protection to my poor coward Hindus ancestors? You don't see that you are insulting yourself(Hindus/Hinduism) by bringing such debate. When i have claimed to be Arab. Its you who is calling me Arab lol .If you are loyal to Islam don't mean you are Arab

But your Indian Ammy is saying opposite lol

so your poor hindu ancestors were cowards,more like greedy in my opinion.

My ancestors went down south to survive and today they make missiles in DRDO.

You were greater in number than those few thousand afghans and British. You were not helpless because you had no other option. I gave example of Muslims who fought with 3/4 times bigger enemy. Its not bravery to attack people when you are powerful and they are down. If you were united and would have fight against them then you could have win easily but you did not bother and got subdue easily without showing any major sign of resistance

Afghans/Iranians/arabs everyone is even today on their knees to europeans because of their military prowess.

You are right,it is not honourable to attack when your enemy is down but if u dont,then you ll die like prithviraj chauhan.

my view

In short Because India or this subcontinent was the perfect land to exist

*Middle eastern/central asians/Afghans invaded India Because india was back than more suitable for life with extensive land and rivers for agriculture(Which in the past were the main sources of wealth) unlike the mentioned region which either are completely dried,Some has the black sands and the other are all hills and snow.

Ofcourse No one would want to invade a dud land and hence the people of the subcontinent remained within their own region limits as This subcontinent was much more better than the people of other region invaded India

*The other reason was no unity between the People of this subcontinent and extremely diversity.In india within 200km The people of one region can be found totally different to the others.Which was one of the major factor in the lack of unity between them

*Remember that India in the past was known as "Sonay ki Cheery" "The Golden Sparrow"

so your poor hindu ancestors were cowards,more like greedy in my opinion.

My ancestors went down south to survive and today they make missiles in DRDO.

You should read all the previous posts to understand the context of discussion before quoting my post. I was not talking about any certain individual or caste here but the whole region which was captured and ruled by many for century after century. I was looking for reasons how and why it was happened for so long time and why native people let this happen? Its not just about Muslim invasion but about everyone who invaded to this land and have ruled on land/people

Ammy said my Hindu forefathers(he has no clue about me let alone my forefathers) were cowards who converted into Islam by forced and then i asked where were his brave Hindus forefathers ? Why his brave forefathers did not gave any protection and defense to my fellow coward Hindus? Either way its fault of Hinduism which teach cowardice to its followers and make them submissive to others . I did not blame Sikhs or Muslims here because they have shown resistance against occupation in history even when they were less in number.

Dude - In ancient time people of sub-continent were peaceful and civilized if you study IVC than you will find that there were state of art towns but no forts, palaces and evidences of big wars. Later we have Mauryans (people of sub-continent) & Alexander, Alexander failed to conquer and had to retreat -

Arab conquest - first 2 attempts was unsuccessful in 3rd attempt Raja Dahir was defeated (many of Dahir's chiefs and nobles who were not happy with his rule defected which also played key role in his defeat) - at-that time there was big population of Buddhists and people who were in forced laboring and were not happy with Rulers (mostly Hindus), so this made Qasim's work easy and Qasim also made treaties with many rulers

Mahmud of Ghazani - 16 attempts failed and he went back after looting, in 17th attempt he reached Kathiwar

Ahmad Shah Abdali - in 7th attempt (3rd war of panipat) he defeated Maratha.

In short - Sub-continent was not simple walkover for anyone, but because of plains it was not easy to defend it always, rulers helped invaders against each other to settle their scores, population was divided on religious lines mainly Buddhists, Hindus (Low cast Hindus was extremely unhappy and fedup) later Muslims. So - it's actually the division which favored the outsiders.

Last edited:
YEither way its fault of Hinduism which teach cowardice to its followers and make them submissive to others . I did not blame Sikhs or Muslims here because they have shown resistance against occupation in history even when they were less in number.

I think you forget the era where british rule south asia ?? What happened to muslims that time ?? All of them became coward? And till then all muslim country following orders from west.

I have not started this topic to insult anyone. These are two genuine questions come in my mind frequently which i was not able to get any logical answer.

We know English,Arabs, Persian, Mongol, Turkish, Spanish, Portuguese, French, Russian etc went all over the world to conquer different region and had established their rule over there. Some of them were less in number compare to native Indians of sub-continent region. Which part of the world ruled by Indians ? Why Ghaznavi, Ghori, Abdali with few thousand of people managed to conquer India easily? Why native Indians gave up and embraced slavery of Arabs/afghan/Persian/Mughal/British easily which lasted century after century ? Was It because of cowardice or submissive/subdue nature of Hindus?

The only Hindu empire worth noting for its bravery was the Marathi empire of the 18th century which actually had a lot of Muslims soldiers in its ranks. Living among Hindus for so long the minorities of India have also been affected by this disease of gutlessness and cowardice. Is there something in the Hindu scriptures or Indian psyche that drives this cowardly behavior?

or this cowardice nature was because of extreme division among themselves along caste (sub caste within caste), culture, state, sect, language, dialect etc etc which in result created insecurity, jealousy, hatred, fear, mistrust among them. We know Religion often acts as a morale booster if you are full of confidence and hold your beliefs close to your heart. This is true in case of Muslims at least. Muslims were very few in the beginning of Islam but they faced opponents three-four times bigger in size/strength and often defeated them convincingly.

Hindus create their own interpretation of Hinduism based on their secular beliefs. This is why Hinduism today is nothing more than idolatry, senseless rituals, polytheism, caste system, cow worship etc. Hindus claiming that smoking, drinking, drugs, homosexuality, robbing, cheating etc etc are all cool in Hinduism because Hinduism has "no rules". It is all being done to show that Hinduism is more compatible with west and it is a very liberal religion. You can act cowardly because there is something called karma. You are very peaceful if you cannot dare to fight. I don't think such Religion with no rules can inspire its followers to fight against invaders.

I have shared my personal thought and perception. I would be interested to know what you guys think about it ? Please give to the point answer without bringing irrelevant stuffs. Thanks
A slave asking free people why they are slaves?? where as the world come to?

So Hindus/indians were pop up on this land in 1947 and before that it was all Pakistani ruled by others....
What he meant was, Hindus/Buddhists were there throughout the Indian subcontinent but the portion of the subcontinent which bore the burnt of most attacks was the North-West as the invaders entered the subcontinent mainly through the North-West which is now mostly called Pakistan and Afghanistan .....hence, most of the Indians(Hindus/Buddhists) living there were killed or forcefully converted......so you can easily understand that your forefathers were actually converted Hindus who accepted slavery.....hence you should answer the question you asked....

...You know more about my forefather? who were they? Hindus? were they coward to surrender? who taught them this cowardice? Hindu culture or religion ? lol

You're right, you forefathers who were Hindus could not put up much resistance against the barbaric invaders because Hindu religion and culture is more oriented academically than towards warfare........but India is a vast country, so they couldn't convert whole of India.
So the bottomline is, most of those who were enslaved and converted were your forefathers...

If you say you have Arab, Turkic, Mughal ancestry i.e your forefathers were among the invaders only then you're partially correct 'cause after so many years, you cannot be, for example, a pure-blood Arab, your forefathers have intermingled with those converted Indians......which in turn makes those Indian 'slaves' as your forefathers as you have their genes too....

Last edited:

I piety the education standards in which you have formed such an opinionated & racist notions about a particular religion namely hindus/natives/dharmics etc or for that matter anybody, & in the bargain you are not only insulting the Indians but also Pakistanis as historically in those invasions the first to fall was the west meaning present day Pakistan especially Punjab & Sindh the blowback had been the strongest in there, in fact it created a ripple effect to the rest of the indo-pak subcontinent, no people are meek or cowardice by race , its the evolution through education, technology, fighting skills coupled with military strategies, diplomacies, mature political foresight & a sound financial system that has made & broken empires through out history, I am literally astonished that living in the U.K you have such a narrow mindset to believe hindus or for that matter any race, religious group being cowardice, meek submissive etc, tell me if the Indians were such cowardice & submissive race as you so comfortably put then shouldn't they have lost Kashmir by now ? shouldn't they be the ones laying down arms in 1971 in that case ? to be honest change your thinking or it will only isolate you

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom