What's new

Why Indian public is delusional on Pakistan

The author commands respect, and not for this article only. He was a highly popular figure while being posted in Turkey. He did a lot of good things to expand trade relations. He used to even travel to provincial towns and meet with local business folks. For many of them it was the first time they met any Ambassador of a foreign country. Wish him long years and great health..

You know, you, @hellfire and another gentlemen have started to impress me a lot. Back when I used to write these kind of posts, I'd get butchered by our Indian members and would be called names and nationalities. But it is so refreshing to see we have mature members here who can actually pinpoint the root cause of issues, without acting fake or biased. Good post and thank you for being honest and real about topics. You guys are doing good work and impressing people way beyond the Indian borders :tup::tup:

Zee media did not exist in 1998

it is not the indian electronic media or the people involved are evil. no one in position of authority has sat down to reflect on some of these things.

living in the West has opened my eyes to some of these issues. God bless them.

This proves Pakistan stance on Kashmir legit since India says Kashmir is atoot angh then why not tries to get the rest of the atoot angh from Pakistan and China? because Indian cunningly conspire it with Hindu Raja and tries to capture Kashmir. Till the last breath and last drop of blood Kashmir banay gha Pakistan (Whole Kashmir).

you cannot continue your 1000 year war. good luck with that

what is hate and propaganda ?? is the indian media being objective ? probably not. is that hate ? you will have a hard time making the case.

pakistan does not helped its cause. the actions of the pakistani government speak for themselves

What should really happen, is that media on both sides should play a role, and a much stronger one. Not the one that BJP or PMLN wants it to play with respect to India and Pakistan.

The media on both sides should setup talk shows with rules for respectful conduct. Bring in the Army Chiefs, the Ministers, the Prime Ministers, and let's debate in front of the globe and find solutions. I bet you my money, you'd be surprised how quickly the Kashmir issue will find a solution acceptable to both parties, along with the beginning of a peaceful and trust building effort.

These leaders on both sides need to be held accountable to the 1.5 billion people who they represent, and at the end, while they'll hide in their bunkers, it is this 1.5 billion strong regional population that's at the risk of dealing with the worst of the worst if a war breaks out. So media needs to setup discussions, meetings and hold these people accountable on each side to speed up some way of moving forward. Talking, understanding and agreeing is the ONLY way forward.

If wars could've won anything, by now, either the entire India and Pakistan would have become one Hindu region or a one Muslim region. That's not the case, meaning, wars haven't produced jack fu*king shiit!!

So lets work on something else that would produce results and that's put these fools across from each others on sofa's and out cameras on and ask them way forward. Let's see how many of them want to get re-elected and they WILL produce shiit that would make sense vs. this war drama.

When we can continue 1000 years rule then why not 1000 years struggle to get back our right.

Within the next 1000 years the following will happen

pakistan population will continue to increase
climate change will cause a change in rainfall
things will go the way of Somalia

What should really happen, is that media on both sides should play a role, and a much stronger one. Not the one that BJP or PMLN wants it to play with respect to India and Pakistan.

The media on both sides should setup talk shows with rules for respectful conduct. Bring in the Army Chiefs, the Ministers, the Prime Ministers, and let's debate in front of the globe and find solutions. I bet you my money, you'd be surprised how quickly the Kashmir issue will find a solution acceptable to both parties, along with the beginning of a peaceful and trust building effort.

These leaders on both sides need to be held accountable to the 1.5 billion people who they represent, and at the end, while they'll hide in their bunkers, it is this 1.5 billion strong regional population that's at the risk of dealing with the worst of the worst if a war breaks out. So media needs to setup discussions, meetings and hold these people accountable on each side to speed up some way of moving forward. Talking, understanding and agreeing is the ONLY way forward. If wars could've won anything, by now, either the entire India and Pakistan would have become one Hindu region or a one Muslim region. That's not the case, meaning, wars haven't produced jack fu*king shiit!! So lets work on something else that would produce results and that's put these fools across from each others on sofa's and out cameras on and ask them way forward. Let's see how many of them want to get re-elected and they WILL produce shiit that would make sense vs. this war drama.

The current state of affairs will continue.

Sections of BJP are pragmatic. Nawaz Sharif has surprised me to be pragmatic. The Pakistani army is responsible enough. they will keep acts of terror within bounds to prevent a nuclear war.

More about India Superpower delusions:

Gung-ho Indians, meanwhile, are counting on the ‘demographic dividend’. By this conventional wisdom, India will still be youthfully energetic while the developed world ages into its drone years. This view ignores the fact that a majority of India’s young are illiterate and underfed, and unfit to do anything except the most ill-paid of jobs. The dividend could well turn out to be a disaster.

The third superpower paradigm involves the State and its institutions. While Indian democracy is often hailed highly for its ‘soft power’ appeal worldwide, it masks a bad case of dysfunctional politics, a reality that strikes the elite only in occasional spasms. Instead of delivery of results, electoral politics is all about retention of power and dispensing of patronage. Unlike the revitalised US democracy, India’s capacity for self-renewal seems much too weak for the country’s good.

Worse, the resolve to attain the grand goal India has set for itself is in sparse evidence. Internally, the Superpower Project is hollow. Take a look around. The fissures of petty politics block attempts to win elections on national issues. Nor can these become priorities of governance. Superpowers, on the other hand, have always upheld issues that are vital to them in a broad sense.

So why does this fancy persist? Says Shiv Vishwanathan, a sociologist, “There is a fantastic urge within the middle-class for upward mobility. For status. This is fuelled equally by the expatriate Indian cousins when they visit or hold ‘India’ days. It is a dangerous fantasy because it is taken as manifest destiny. Bear in mind that a lot can still go wrong in the India story. If the middle-class insulates itself in the superpower ivory tower, it will invite reactions.”

There are sniggers in the dark, scowls in the aisles. Read The White Tiger. Or watch Slumdog Millionaire. Though aimed at Western audiences, they are reminders of the mockery that comes the way of India’s middle-class consensus on Superpowerhood. And indeed, there is much that should make the country squirm. There is nothing ‘super’ in having to declare a quarter of the country’s districts tormented by Naxal violence. There are people out in the jungles who are taking up guns to overthrow the State, an entity they see as increasingly hostage to the mollycoddled middle-class and its fancies.

MATTER OF SELF BELIEF

So, can no good come of hallucination? It could depend on how the energies are channelled. In Meiji Japan, or Imperial Britain, the State took national ambition to new heights. “Some good does come out of the fantasy,” says Gurcharan Das, “It gives a sense of self-belief. But it is critical to direct this positive energy, for otherwise it can lead to a dangerous disconnect of the elite from the concerns of a transforming country.” India must wake up.

The current state of affairs will continue.

Sections of BJP are pragmatic. Nawaz Sharif has surprised me to be pragmatic. The Pakistani army is responsible enough. they will keep acts of terror within bounds to prevent a nuclear war.

Yea, but that's not finding solutions. That is extending the problem you have now, and acting like the "current affairs" are great. When we all know the reality. I think the time is coming when the 1.5 billion people of this region just know there won't be a war, or ongoing hostilities from either side. When they can focus on trade and economic growth, vs. these stressful and war like issues that don't feed common citizens on either size. These fools in power, need to find a way to sit together and end this drama. Not continue on with it.

Should be noted that M.K. Bhadrakumar is no friend of Pakistan. He writes for Asia Times and his own writings are filled with vitriol against Pakistan. When a man like him comes out and says India is lying to itself, you should take him seriously.

what is hate and propaganda ?? is the indian media being objective ? probably not. is that hate ? you will have a hard time making the case.

pakistan does not helped its cause. the actions of the pakistani government speak for themselves

Sitting in Canada, you can 'probably' see that.

Sitting in India, few people will see it. They will believe the lies and demand a response which Indian government can't give.

Last edited:
Kashmiris happens to be Muslims also and what happen in Gujarat and what about killing over beef plus ban on beef?
You look at what you want to look at. Did you noticed current NAM summit ? There were 4 representatives from India - 3 were Muslims and 1 was Sikh, thats' my side of India, and probably the whole world see it as well.

About Gujarat riot, which sources you follow my friend ? Mostly pro-Congress or Pakistani, thats why you only saw the news and posts what you wanted to see, be free to accept other source that way you'll stay away from radicalization.

Good day.

You look at what you want to look at. Did you noticed current NAM summit ? There were 4 representatives from India - 3 were Muslims and 1 was Sikh, thats' my side of India, and probably the whole world see it as well.

About Gujarat riot, which sources you follow my friend ? Mostly pro-Congress or Pakistani, thats why you only saw the news and posts what you wanted to see, be free to accept other source that way you'll stay away from radicalization.

Good day.
Just answer one question when India was divided what was the basis if you believe on that then why not Kashmir secondly Muslim eat and sacrifice cows why you curtail their religious or cultural activity since they didn't demand ban on pig slaughter in India. Why Muslims are being killed , raped and tortured for buying Cows since Hindus are sellers?

Why not Modi was punished for facilitating Hindus to kill Muslim in Gujarat?

Just answer one question when India was divided what was the basis if you believe on that then why not Kashmir secondly Muslim eat and sacrifice cows why you curtail their religious or cultural activity since they didn't demand ban on pig slaughter in India. Why Muslims are being killed , raped and tortured for buying Cows since Hindus are sellers?

Why not Modi was punished for facilitating Hindus to kill Muslim in Gujarat?
Killing/Sacrificing cows is not written anywhere in Quran or Hadith, in fact Prophet advocated for protecting animals. Its a tradition developed by Hindus & Muslims in the region to sacrifice animals and pleasing gods, it was criticized and most of the Hindu classes have actually left this tradition but it is still prevailing in Muslims mostly the Qureshis in India.

There are some pseudo-cow vigilantes active after Modi govt, but govt has already ordered local administrations to act against them.

About Gujarat riots, one question do you know how it started ?

Never underestimate the power of media. It has the power to shape the opinions and thoughts of a nation no matter how big it is.

I will give you a case in point. Lal masjid operation by musharraf and the ouster of musharraf where media played the most open role.

The thing is that the Indian people have become delusional and so out of touch with pakistan and that is bcz of the Indian media which portrays things extremely differently whilst also relying sensationalism. They do this bcz it brings ratings. They feed upon the animosity of the people which helps foster and increase the animosity resulting in the media reaching new heights and the animosity reaches new heights. We see the same being used by politicians in India left and right.

The media has an anti pakistan agenda bcz this news brings in the ratings which brings in the cash. They follow this up. They bring analysts who are also trying to earn and they pander to the majority thinking.

The Baluchistan issue, the isolation of pakistan e.t.c e.t.c all of these are discussed and followed. This creates an image amongst Indians..

I was around here for a long time ( for 1 year I lurked before joining) and I have seen the thinking and perception of Indians change with my own eyes. No nation stands an exception. Not even pakistan to the power of media.

That is why I say that currently there are four powers in pakistan. The army, the Parliament, the courts and the media.

Pakistan media ( personally believe to be much better) is also very sensationalist in its nature and although more impartial and critical of the various sections of the nation, they too perform questionable journalism and popular agenda rating searches.

The sad thing is that you can't change them. Not until their media changes their line of thinking. Not gonna happen. Its a loop.

India is like a North Korea. Probably 200 million out of the 1.4 billion Indians are just about borderline middle class or wealthy. The rest live in complete destitution and filth. Poorest of the poor. Yet they are so brainwashed they will sit there in their own defecation whilst acting like barbarians and killing women but still think they are superior? :lol::lol:

What everyone is forgetting is that the Indian Media groups are not charitable organizations, they are commercial enterprises and are there to make money. Higher ratings means higher revenue, so they will show what sells the most.

Back
Top Bottom