What's new

Why India Suffers from the Panipat Syndrome

:lol: Basically the General wants a war to be sustained until every inch of Pakistan is taken back. It doesn't work like that. Besides we're better off without facing the Durrand line.
The land needs to be taken back, not the people.
The era of open conquest is over, but there are different means available now to achieve the same ends.

I see no wrong.We need to be calculative and cold. We are far too magnanimous, its a weakness.

We were the foremost advocates for a permanent seat in the UN Security Council for the People"s Republic of China. Till today, China has not reciprocated our magnanimous gesture.

Source: Why India Suffers from the Panipat Syndrome

This statement caught my attention and I did some search. It turns out. In 1961, there was a UN resolution (1668) that was supposed to change China's representation. The resolution didn't pass 2/3 votes. In this resolution, India voted against. In 1971, another UN resolution (2758) passed 2/3 votes and China finally took over Taiwan on the seat of security council. In this resolution, India voted for. Among all countries, many countries that voted against later have reasonably cordial relationship with China, such as Australia, Cambodia, US, Brazil, Saudi.

Resolution 2758 was proposed by Albania, which was in a very good relationship with China at that time. Later, the relationship is much soured.

I haven't found some document that shows India being the foremost advocate. I would be happy to know if anyone can refer it to me.

History is interesting. It shows how world works.

Pakistan Defence Latest Posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom