What's new

Why India no longer trusts anti-Modi media

I get p!ssed off when I read bs like this, do you even know what fascism is you AAP/ Congress supporter?
When I voted for Modi, I had hoped that I would get a leader who was pro economic reforms, who would rule over India like a dictator and F@?k the constitution, media, parliament, and all the bs that hinders or slows down growth and leads poor farmers to suicide and the young people stressed and jobless.

And you got a leader who protects cows instead :lol:

Hope you learned your bitter lesson and make wise choice next time around

What about Rajiv Gandhi?

Whataboutery will take you only so far my friend.It reflects heavily on the collective conscience of uninitiated gullible Indian masses devoid of any sense of righteousness when someone like Modi whose hands are still with blood of innocents is allowed to occupy top office without any remorse.

Maggi you think I am gonna bang my head against a wall???

No i expect only ad hominem from bhaktas

And you got a leader who protects cows instead :lol:

Hope you learned your bitter lesson and make wise choice next time around
Its a shame, but what other choice did we have...we still have no other better choice. Atleast Modi talks better than that druggie dumb$£€t Gandhi and Pakistanis do not like him for "overseeing" 2002?
Just hope he starts doing something instead of just talking and going on his world tour.

...and Manmohan Singh should most definitely have resigned after the way that India handled 26/11. However, none of them did, not Singh, not Gagoi, not Rajiv, and nor will any CM do so in future, so we can't have a special rule only for Modi. Hold him up to the same standard as we hold the duffer Rajiv Gandhi whose birth and death we commemorate and after whom we name half our airports and national schemes.

They are not comparable

The Congress, by default, is a pluralist party that is opportunistically communal while the BJP is an ideologically communal (or majoritarian) party that is opportunistically ‘secular’.

Its a shame, but what other choice did we have...we still have no other better choice. Atleast Modi talks better than that druggie dumb$£€t Gandhi and Pakistanis do not like him for "overseeing" 2002?
Just hope he starts doing something instead of just talking and going on his world tour.

I hope your hopes are not crushed

You mean the Bihaari people totally rejected the media right?

They are not comparable

The Congress, by default, is a pluralist party that is opportunistically communal while the BJP is an ideologically communal (or majoritarian) party that is opportunistically ‘secular’.

I hope your hopes are not crushed
My hopes are unimportant, its the country which will suffer. Some radical reforms should take plAce in the 'babu' system and other stupid anachronistic law/regulations that exist.
And modi worries about bs like OROP, cows, foreign tours, suits, et cetera.

They are not comparable

How does the character of the criminal matter? Surely Murder is murder. Whether a man espousing secular ideals stands by or his words and actions encourages riots or a man espousing religious values does the same any court in the land will look at the crime not at the ethical values of the criminal.

Are you suggesting that a person holding secular values should get a lesser punishment for the same crime as one holding communal values! Magudi really ! I am appalled! :o:

How does the character of the criminal matter? Surely Murder is murder. Whether a man espousing secular ideals stands by or his words and actions encourages riots or a man espousing religious values does the same any court in the land will look at the crime not at the ethical values of the criminal.

Are you suggesting that a person holding secular values should get a lesser punishment for the same crime as one holding communal values! Magudi really ! I am appalled! :o:

The difference between the Congress and the BJP doesn’t lie mainly in the willingness of the former to express contrition about pogroms it helped organize; it is, perhaps, best illustrated by the fact that twenty years after the 1984 pogrom, the Congress assumed office with a Sikh at the helm who served as prime minister for two terms.

Try to imagine a BJP government headed by a Muslim ten years from now. It doesn’t work even as a thought experiment. And the reason it doesn’t work is that the BJP’s ideology is essentially the encrustation of prejudice around an inconvenient and irreducible fact: the substantial and undeferential presence of minority communities in the republic, specially Muslims who, for the sangh parivar, are the unfinished business of Partition. The idea that the BJP might appoint a Muslim head of government (as opposed to, say, the nomination of President Kalam to titular office) is unthinkable.

It doesn’t follow from this that Manmohan Singh’s prime ministership is a sign of the Congress’s political virtue; it isn’t. It is, if anything, a symptom of the dynastic dysfunction that has diminished the Congress. But the reason his prime ministership is possible is that the Congress isn’t ideologically committed to anti-Sikh bigotry (despite 1984) in the way that the BJP is committed to Hindu supremacy and the subordination of Muslims. That’s why Narendra Modi so excites the sangh parivar’s rank and file: the Gujarat Model is the BJP’s test run for India, and it isn’t the economics of it that sets the pulses of its cadres racing.

So the reason the dynastic Congress isn’t as dangerous as Modi’s BJP is dispiriting but straightforward: while the Congress is capable of communalism, it isn’t constituted by bigotry. With Modi, even when he’s talking economics and good governance, we get the “burqa of secularism” and Muslims as road kill. It’s not his fault; from the time that Golwalkar sketched out his vision of an India where religious minorities were docile helots, bigotry has been Hindutva’s calling card. (mukul kesavan)

Deshdrohis opposed reforms for 10 years while in opposition but now wants to pass them!

No i expect only ad hominem from bhaktas
There you go!!!

25 key achievements of Narendra Modi govt in past one year
IANS New Delhi Last Updated: May 25, 2015 | 11:14 IST

Here's a list of 25 key achievements of Prime Minister Narendra Modi's government in the past one year, as listed by stakeholders and analysts:

1. Jan Dhan Yojana: More than 15 crore bank accounts opened, over 10 crore RuPay debit cards issued, with life cover, pension
  2. Corporate sector adopts prime minister's 'Swachch Bharat' mission with promise of total sanitation by 2019
  3. Cooking gas now under direct-cash-benefit transfer scheme, with potential saving of $5 billion annually in subsidies, plus Diesel prices de-regulated
  4. Foreign equity in rail infrastructure allowed, without limit
  5. Foreign equity cap in defence raised to 49 per cent; 74 per cent in case of technology transfer
  6. Fast-tracking of defence purchases: 36 Rafale fighters being bought, orders for several long-pending purchases placed
  7. Foreign equity cap in insurance and pension sectors increased to 49 per cent
  8. Nod for IPOs/FPOs by banks to raise funds, as long as government equity remains 52 per cent or over
  9. Nod for real estate and infrastructure investment trusts, with tax benefits
  10. Cabinet nod for Prime Minister's 100 Smart Cities Project
  11. $130 billion proposed spending on railways over five years on schemes including high-speed trains
  12. Definitive steps forward in introducing pan-India goods and services regime
  13. Successful conclusion of two rounds of coal block auctions, more lined up
  14. Impasse in mining sector ended with passage of new bill for regulation and development
  15. Successful conclusion of auctions for telecom spectrum for mobile telephony and broadband
  16. Launch of 'Make-in-India', 'Digital India' and 'Skill India' initiatives with focus on defence and electronics, primarily to create jobs
  17. Mudra bank launched with Rs 20,000 crore corpus to extend loans of between Rs 50,000 and Rs 10 lakh to small entrepreneurs
  18. Commencement of divestment programme in public sector companies
  19. Disbanding of various ministerial groups for faster decision-making
  20. Adoption of 14th Finance Commission recommendation on far-reaching changes in sharing of revenues between the Center and the States
  21. Single-window scheme for various clearances to steel, coal and power projects
  22. Price stabilisation fund set up for agri-commodities to check inflation
  23. Warehouse Infrastructure Fund with Rs 5,000 crore corpus to increase shelf-life of farm produce (replace if possible)
  24. Clarity in tax treatment on income of foreign fund whose fund managers are located in India , as also on transfer pricing for resident and non-resident tax payers
  25. Panel set up under law commission chairman on issue of minimum alternate tax

The difference between the Congress and the BJP doesn’t lie mainly in the willingness of the former to express contrition about pogroms it helped organize; it is, perhaps, best illustrated by the fact that twenty years after the 1984 pogrom, the Congress assumed office with a Sikh at the helm who served as prime minister for two terms.

Try to imagine a BJP government headed by a Muslim ten years from now. It doesn’t work even as a thought experiment. And the reason it doesn’t work is that the BJP’s ideology is essentially the encrustation of prejudice around an inconvenient and irreducible fact: the substantial and undeferential presence of minority communities in the republic, specially Muslims who, for the sangh parivar, are the unfinished business of Partition. The idea that the BJP might appoint a Muslim head of government (as opposed to, say, the nomination of President Kalam to titular office) is unthinkable.

It doesn’t follow from this that Manmohan Singh’s prime ministership is a sign of the Congress’s political virtue; it isn’t. It is, if anything, a symptom of the dynastic dysfunction that has diminished the Congress. But the reason his prime ministership is possible is that the Congress isn’t ideologically committed to anti-Sikh bigotry (despite 1984) in the way that the BJP is committed to Hindu supremacy and the subordination of Muslims. That’s why Narendra Modi so excites the sangh parivar’s rank and file: the Gujarat Model is the BJP’s test run for India, and it isn’t the economics of it that sets the pulses of its cadres racing.

So the reason the dynastic Congress isn’t as dangerous as Modi’s BJP is dispiriting but straightforward: while the Congress is capable of communalism, it isn’t constituted by bigotry. With Modi, even when he’s talking economics and good governance, we get the “burqa of secularism” and Muslims as road kill. It’s not his fault; from the time that Golwalkar sketched out his vision of an India where religious minorities were docile helots, bigotry has been Hindutva’s calling card. (mukul kesavan)

Deshdrohis opposed reforms for 10 years while in opposition but now wants to pass them!

The reason why dynastic Congress is more dangerous than the BJP is that the alternative to Modi is Rahul Gandhi. In a country where people sleep and poop on the streets, more important than religious sensitivities is economic growth and security. Whatever might be the committed core of BJP, The vast majority of people who voted For Modi voted for growth not for religion. Rahul Gandhi is only 45 years old, if Congress wins the next election, this guy could be PM for another 25 years. He has proven himself incapable of running even his own constituency let alone anything as complex as India. Congress is incapable of choosing a strong candidate outside of the Gandhi family, the only alternative to Rahul is his sister Priyanka! Even North Korea does better than this. India is already way behind other countries in Asia on the economic front. We cannot afford to lose more time as our population explodes.

The return of Congress means that any hope for a modern India can be safely put off for another generation. As for the. Muslim question, this has been a running sore for centuries. Everyone is tired of it. 1/2 million people died terrible deaths in the mid 20th century because Muslims decided they could not live with Hindus. Congress policies of the last 70 years has not satisfied anyone including Muslims themselves. We need a break. We need to put this intractable problem aside and concentrate on tackling the thousands of other problems we face at least for a generation. The entire country cannot and should not be held hostage to sensitivities.

Edit - BTW. I don't disagree with your points, it's just that I think that we have to work with the best alternative we have.

Last edited:
Hey if it's a hit job then why not govt suing her and doing to wapo what they did to greenpeace. She is very particular and clear about her claim.

I know you are smart enough to understand that such a logic can be used against Nidhi Razdan and Omar Abdullah also!

Whataboutery will take you only so far my friend.It reflects heavily on the collective conscience of uninitiated gullible Indian masses devoid of any sense of righteousness when someone like Modi whose hands are still with blood of innocents is allowed to occupy top office without any remorse.

Especially after the Supreme Court of India upheld ex-cop Sanjiv Bhatt's claim about Modi restraining police from doing their job of controlling riots.............or not! :)

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom