What's new

Why I’m an Atheist

Status
Not open for further replies.
This might help. Although it is Pro-Sikhism(My Faith) but its research by atheists(society) itself and they failed against Sikhism
photomw.jpg

I know its Pain to read but still its readable.
Sorry i dont have link to it.

Last edited:
All one can respond with is the "Free Will" argument. We are creatures created with a freedom to choose, to believe, or not.

My own brother, an atheist, put it succinctly. "If there is an all-powerful God, why does he not simply appear to us and prove it once and for all? Then, I'd worship."

The answer isn't complicated. If a giant face suddenly appeared in the sky, and boomed out "I am God/Allah! I have might powers! Worship me!!" And day turns to night, the moon turns purple, and it rains diamonds, or clams; whatever. Every TV station and radio has the same image and voice.

The power is obvious. The existence cannot be denied.

At that point, humanity would be instantly turned into robotic drones and forced to worship, as any rational being on earth could not at that point deny His existence, and would fear his wrath. Only a lunatic would do so, given the evidence.

But God does not want robotic, worshiping drones. He wants us (on our own) to turn from evil, and seek Him with humility and repentence, based upon faith, not force.

And so he sent some agents to remind us that if we don't believe in him, we are going to rot in hell? No, that doesn't make sense.

One can lead a perfectly normal ,decent and humane life without the concept of God. There are millions of people leading such a life. The concept of religion and God will inevitably diminish when societies rethink their priorities.

All one can respond with is the "Free Will" argument. We are creatures created with a freedom to choose, to believe, or not.

My own brother, an atheist, put it succinctly. "If there is an all-powerful God, why does he not simply appear to us and prove it once and for all? Then, I'd worship."

The answer isn't complicated. If a giant face suddenly appeared in the sky, and boomed out "I am God/Allah! I have might powers! Worship me!!" And day turns to night, the moon turns purple, and it rains diamonds, or clams; whatever. Every TV station and radio has the same image and voice.

The power is obvious. The existence cannot be denied.

At that point, humanity would be instantly turned into robotic drones and forced to worship, as any rational being on earth could not at that point deny His existence, and would fear his wrath. Only a lunatic would do so, given the evidence.

But God does not want robotic, worshiping drones. He wants us (on our own) to turn from evil, and seek Him with humility and repentence, based upon faith, not force.

Spot on sir.

The teachings in the Holy Quran speak about God's existence and "Surah Ikhlass" speaks about the introduction of God which concludes that Allah is no such physical entity which can be seen or heard or touched , it can only be felt.

This chapter describes that God as an entity is unthinkable and unimaginable for us humans. There are many objets in this universe that can only be felt not seen neither touched so why people do not deny their existence ?

Air - Heat - Pain - Emotions - Sound - Fragrance , they all exist but cannot be seen nor touched but they can be felt !

In My opinion if the science can spend more energy on finding cure for diseases because they haven't been able to find a cure for even malaria and spend less energy on proving if God exists nor not - the world will become a better place.

This will help a little bit for those who have difficulty understanding.

Regards:

Last edited by a moderator:
Great Indian freedom fighter Bhagat Singh wrote an essay on his views on aethism ,everyone should give a reading to it.

Before he died, he came back into the Sikh fold.. and achieved shahadat as a full fledged Sardar!

it is a well known fact that the most bloodiest wars fought in history were caused by nationalism, communism, and the other 'isms' and not religion therefore it is completly wrong to blame religion for every wrong that man has committed.

religion divides beer bar unites...also If god/allha really exist...then y dont it come down or some some miracle to save Palestine from isreali occupation...lots of children are killed by isreal cant allha see?....there in no ram,allha in this universe exit...thts hardcore fact....

This might help. Although it is Pro-Sikhism(My Faith) but its research by atheists(society) itself and they failed against Sikhism
photomw.jpg

I know its Pain to read but still its readable.
Sorry i dont have link to it.

awesome bro... though I never doubted Guru Nanak's message.. it is like this.. if you follow what he teached you will surely have lived a life to help society around you as well as clean out your inner self of all sin and evil.. whether you believe in god or not.. those morals should be followed to keep a decent and clean functioning society without any evil..

religion divides beer bar unites...also If god/allha really exist...then y dont it come down or some some miracle to save Palestine from isreali occupation...lots of children are killed by isreal cant allha see?....there in no ram,allha in this universe exit...thts hardcore fact....

because Jews are as much as God's children as anyone else... Why will he pick one child over another? It is the stupidity of humans that they fight and it is the result of ego, hatred, greed and all the other evils which god tells us to stay away from.. so these wars between ourselves is basically our own doing.. when god has already told us its wrong.. and we still do it.. why will he come and try to stop? he has already told us what is wrong and what is right.. now it is upto us to listen to god or not..

awesome bro... though I never doubted Guru Nanak's message.. it is like this.. if you follow what he teached you will surely have lived a life to help society around you as well as clean out your inner self of all sin and evil.. whether you believe in god or not.. those morals should be followed to keep a decent and clean functioning society without any evil..

Absolutely Brar saab.
Actually i am quite religious person and this thread is one of the reasons that made me to join the forum. Trust me rabb da naam laena, banni padhni and baba nanak ji diyan teachings nu follow krna helps alot in life.:tup:

I am not looking for a deabte i have had enough of my fair shares of em here :P. Anyways I am an Athiest but i am kind of Agnocist deep in my heart :P

These are the 2 quotes that pop up in my mind when religion is brought in.

Mao:There has never been a savior, and we can't depend on gods and emperors! For our happiness, we can only rely on ourselves!

Seneca: “Religion is regarded by the common people as true, by the wise as false, and by the rulers as useful.”

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom