What's new

Why I Hate Diwali

Status
Not open for further replies.
Don't worry, iss Diwali apko 1 saali key saath 1 saala muft milega, jaldi kijiye offer sirf biwi key mayke jaaney tak valid hai :D

i am not yet married.. but i will marry where there is a saali.. if my f-i-l catches me with saali he will say..

"jis saali mein khaate ho, usi mein chhedh karte ho?" hahahahaha

if i am caught hugging my saali i will say..
ek haath se saali nahin bajti

Time for some Boom Boom..Happy Diwali Guys!

MOI000020842.jpg

Mumbai set to celebrate a greener Diwali as NGO spreads awareness against pollution

Mumbai: Diwali in the maximum city, Mumbai, will be greener this year, thanks to the efforts of Sumaira Abdulali, an activist with NGO Aawaz Foundation, who for the last ten years has been working tirelessly to make this happen. Maximum city has been recording relatively noise-free Diwalis for the past two years and 2012, too, looks promising.
“We had asked people to complain to the police or us or on our website. So far, we have received only 1-2 complaints while last year the same time we had 10-15 complaints,” says Sumaira Abdulali.
Firecracker retailers say there has been a significant shift from noise-based crackers to light-based ones. The demand for crackers in general has slumped by 30 per cent thanks to enhanced awareness of their ill effects.
Maharashtra Chief Minister Prithviraj Chavan also spread the green word by sending out a personalised Diwali message to avoid cracker pollution. After an encouraging response, Aawaz foundation now wants to spread awareness about hazardous metal content in light-based crackers. “This time the message will be different. We want to ask people to celebrate Diwali the traditional way without any crackers," says Abdulali.
While noise levels have gone down only in the last two years, activists hope this will become the new tradition of Diwali celebration in the city.

cause even the president of USA celebrates diwali

what more do you need

Last edited by a moderator:
cause even the president of USA celebrates diwali

what more do you need

Odisha: Children forced into hazardous firecrackers making

Kendrapara: With demand for firecrackers swelling during Diwali, children are forced to help manufacture hazardous firecrackers in several villages in Odisha's Kendrapara district. The scene in villages, including Putinga, Keruan, Garapur and Sujanagar, is largely the same. These are hubs of locally made palm-leaf firecrackers. Children sit together making them, mostly at the behest of their parents.
"Those who engage children are mostly unaware of the legal embargo on engaging children in cracker making. Employing children in fire-cracker making is a penal offence under the Child Labour Act," child-rights activist Binayak Swain said. Fireworks manufacturer Subal Jena (38) said, "It's our age-old profession. Now it is reduced to a part time source of income. Demand for high-decibel crackers has gone down considerably after sound-control restrictions."
"It's only during peak marriage season and Diwali that we get to work in the real sense. As demand is heavy during this period, our children help us in cracker-making," he said. "I am landless. For three to four months, we earn from cracker-making. For the rest of the year, we work as farm labourers. We make more money from fireworks-making than from toiling in the field. That's why we press our children into service" said the fireworks manufacturer.
VideoPhotoGallery
Officials said they were unaware that children were engaged in cracker-making.
Fireworks maker Ghanashyam Jena said, "There is nothing wrong in it. After all, it's our bread and butter. Why should we be penalised for it ? They are our own children. We have every right to engage them in our family trade".
Children mostly dabble in processing, dying and cutting palm leaves into pieces. Experienced children, however, also shape the crackers with powder. Garapur village palm-leaf cracker maker Anama Rout said the work is risky. "Children are well-trained and guided to stay alert during work. Of course, we take a risk in engaging children. Slight carelessness would spell danger".
Officials said they were unaware that children were engaged in cracker-making. "There is no official information of children being engaged in it," said district sub-collector PK Mishra.

i am not yet married.. but i will marry where there is a saali.. if my f-i-l catches me with saali he will say..

"jis saali mein khaate ho, usi mein chhedh karte ho?" hahahahaha

if i am caught hugging my saali i will say..
ek haath se saali nahin bajti

abey tujhe biwi chahiye ki saali??? :lol:

Happy diwali guys. :)
I remember once I did the mistake of riding my bike during diwali evening, its as if I was in bagdad. :)

Crackers should be avoided or should be kept at the minimum, instead money should be diverted towards treatment of handicapped people and animals.

Happy diwali guys. :)
I remember once I did the mistake of riding my bike during diwali evening, its as if I was in bagdad. :)

Thats really bad.

Indian newspapers report that several pathetic and dangerous chinese fireworks are available in the market that cause lung problems. Chinese crackers are more harmful than Indian crackers.

Bloody Chinese. Death to China.

Crackers should be avoided or should be kept at the minimum, instead money should be diverted towards treatment of handicapped people and animals.

Thats really bad.

Indian newspapers report that several pathetic and dangerous chinese fireworks are available in the market that cause lung problems. Chinese crackers are more harmful than Indian crackers.

Bloody Chinese. Death to China.

Nothing Indian/chinese mate. Just that I should not have ventured out and ride bike in narrow lanes where people throw crackers at you like hand granade. (They did not intend to kill me though.. )

Nothing Indian/chinese mate. Just that I should not have ventured out and ride bike in narrow lanes where people throw crackers at you like hand granade. (They did not intend to kill me though.. )

I am talking in general.

This time cheap chinese crackers have overtaken Indian crackers.. Chinese crackers are high in banned chemicals and cause more damage.

chinese must be kicked out.

I just typed "Child Labour" and added "in pakistan", you know what how many results I have got? Stop making insult of yourself.

Just to open your eyes if has not opened yet

21a586d0e9eff64ce0069ea0390a5b07.jpg

type salwa judum see what you get.

Go green this Diwali

Go green this Diwali seems to be the slogan of the environmentally conscious. For fireworks to shoot up into the air and explode several pyrotechnic chemical (materials capable of undergoing exothermic reactions for the production of heat, light, gas, smoke and/or sound) are used.

When the fire-crackers are set off these chemicals react and produce along with light and sound a huge amount of smoke and dusty mess that hangs in the air for long time after the magical luminary effects fade, said Local Committee president of international students organisation AIESEC, Siddharth Marupeddi.

Metallic salts are used in fireworks to produce light of different colours in the fire crackers. Calcium chloride is used to get orange colour. Similarly, sodium nitrate, barium chloride and copper chloride are used to give the airbursts yellow, green and blue colours. Caesium, Potassium and Rubidium are also used for indigo and violet colours.

More and more people are seeing bursting firecrackers as environmentally irresponsible form of entertainment.

“We are not against the traditional way of celebrating Diwali in which the homes are decorated with lamps and people having fun with sparklers and less polluting firecrackers,” said Siddharth. The students also have an online green diwali campaign as part of which the students are encouraged to create posters with environmentally friendly messages.

The traditional way in which the ‘festival of light’ is celebrated is considered a quieter way of celebration when compared to other countries where a lot of pyrotechnic and sound making fireworks are used.

The AIESEC external relations team leader Phani Viswanadham said that the organisation also had the ‘sky lantern’ project where people were encouraged to celebrate by releasing these glowing lanterns into the sky.

“Last year my daughter spoke about a green diwali and opposed the purchase of too many fireworks, but this year my son is also not buying any and that is something my wife and I are very happy about. Fireworks are a major source of anxiety for many parents,” said K. Sivarama Krishna, an employee of the State Government. (eom)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom