What's new

Why has Pakistan not tested a ICBM yet?

Pakistan shud maintain a capability or acquire it for a test practically in hours if threatened.

As long as there is no threat no need

When a threat does arise and we find that we don't have the capability that would be an extreme and unforgivable over sight

Funny how people are mentioning that India is the only threat to Pakistan. Must say that I disagree with that. Do you guys seriously think that US and many western european countries are Pakistan's allies?
Do they pose a serious threat to our mainland security? Do they pose a nuclear threat to our country?

@Abid123 are you even Pakistani?

We have no issue with any nation on earth barring the secular republic of India. We don't need ICBMs to reduce the number of secularists in the world by 1.2 billion.

Very expensive to maintain one because maybe, we might have beef with Costa Rica in next 10 years. Lets send submarine patrols to Atlantic and Pacific to deter Costa Rica.

I think everyone here knows that Pakistan has the capability to build a ICBM missile. Why has Pakistan not tested one yet? Are there poltical reasons? Maybe international sanctions? Building a MIRV is way way complicated than ICBM. So there is no reason to doubt that Pakistan does not have ICBM technology. Even North Korea has two operational ICBMs. The Hwasong-14 with 10,000 km range and Hwasong-15 with 13,000 km. Pakistan can easily test a 10,000 km ICBM.

P.S. I may have said something wrong. If you see a mistake correct me. I am new here.
Tests will bring sanctions and a lot of them...

We should rather create a new space institutions and work on Taimoor and Tipu SLVs.. and maybe more SLVs.. if we can test SLVs and send few satellites to space it will send the message that we can make ICBMs...

As for Pakistan having ICBMs we can just assume as not even small leaks have been out if there are ICBM programs.. its kept under proper secrecy for many reasons biggest being sanctions...
I think everyone here knows that Pakistan has the capability to build a ICBM missile. Why has Pakistan not tested one yet? Are there poltical reasons? Maybe international sanctions? Building a MIRV is way way complicated than ICBM. So there is no reason to doubt that Pakistan does not have ICBM technology. Even North Korea has two operational ICBMs. The Hwasong-14 with 10,000 km range and Hwasong-15 with 13,000 km. Pakistan can easily test a 10,000 km ICBM.

P.S. I may have said something wrong. If you see a mistake correct me. I am new here.
And if I am not wrong N.K. ICBM are liquid fuel ones which are almost useless unless launched from special underground bunkers..

Because you have to have them fueled them on erector and cant fuel them when they are laying on ground.. and if you do this in open sats can spot you and primary strikes can eliminate your missiles even before they are launched...

This is the reason Pakistan abandoned further development of Ghauri 3..

Last edited:
Our present arsenal entirely covers our enemy up to their @$$; rather than developing ICBM; we could divert funds to some more viable project like purely a space vehicle for satellite launches to earn hard cash.

Tests will bring sanctions and a lot of them...

We should rather create a new space institutions and work on Taimoor and Tipu SLVs.. and maybe more SLVs.. if we can test SLVs and send few satellites to space it will send the message that we can make ICBMs...

As for Pakistan having ICBMs we can just assume as not even small leaks have been out if there are ICBM programs.. its kept under proper secrecy for many reasons biggest being sanctions...

And if I am not wrong N.K. ICBM are liquid fuel ones which are almost useless unless launched from special underground bunkers..

Because you have to have them fueled them on erector and cant fuel them when they are laying on ground.. and if you do this in open sats can spot you and primary strikes can eliminate your missiles even before they are launched...

This is the reason Pakistan abandoned further development of Ghauri 3..
solid fuel are more more reliable than liquid fuel, and could be launch within minutes rather hours for fueling and other contingency operations that why we close Ghouri 3 project and started solid fuel Shaheen project

Hi,

To get an answer---you have to understand pak military's posture and position.

They are not into showing off or strutting around regarding their weapon capabilities---.

We have a nuc program and " we are allowed a nuc program by the powers to be " for the reason that we have a large nuc capable enemy---so it is allowed as a deterrent---.

Why do we need ICBM's---? We don't have any other enemy elsewhere---we do not have targets thousands of miles away---so what would be the reasoning to manufacture some---?

Welcome to Party...
Being new it would be better to read old threads so that you will not start theads which we discussed numerous times.
In current situation, Pak is no position to spoil relation with west or Europe
I think it would bring unwanted attention...

But if India has them why not Pakistan?
Compete India in good things also not only in defence...

This question is asked regularly here. The answer is obvious to me. There are three reasons:
1. India is next door and can be covered with 3000km missiles comfortably.
2. ICBMs are large, difficult to transport, hide, and launch. On the other hand Shaheen 1As and Abdalis are smaller, easier to transport, hide, and launch. This means more missiles raining down on India.
3. ICBMs are expensive so many more Shaheen IAs and Abdalis can be procured for the cost of 1 hypothetical ICBM. This also means more missiles raining down on India.

It simply makes no sense for Pakistan to develop systems that will make everything difficult and expensive and give us no net capability boost with regards to India.

All claims of "Pakistan needs to target Europe and USA" are just that, claims. There are no signs that Pakistan views these places as targets for its deterrence. Rest assured if Pakistan really needed to develop an ICBM it could.

We have covered whole of India. No one else is our enemy. Why should we go for ICBM

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom