What's new

Why going ' MAD ' won't work for India ?

You talk about GOI's assessments but you think that our SPD is asleep yes ???.

India which has to maintain the nuclear arsenal against Pakistan as well as China ...do you think India's nuclear arsenal will be smaller than India ?

FBR programme ....has allowed India to escalate plutonium production 10 times that of Pakistan .

NSG admission has opened ways for India to liberate its won domestic uranium for weapon grade plutonium production .

Indians nuclear arsenal as well as missile inventory is far greater and superior to that of Pakistan's .

Dude I don't think that you understand what MAD is.

Nobody is supposed to WIN. Nobody is supposed to survive.

Pardon me if i don't take the word of a retired Official who retired even before our Nuclear program begun.

Thankyou.

Tell that to your Ex Air Chief Marshal Mr Asghar Khan ...
Probably you know more than he knows ...

Taylor Barnche's book " The Clinton Tapes: Wrestling History with the President " throws light on top secret Indian government assessment about the worst case scenario of Indo-Pak nuclear conflict after which Indian government came to conclusion that India can survive nuclear war with Pakistan .

Indian Government accordingly molded its Nuclear war strategy after this assessment .

Essentially, basing your conclusions on the knowledge of a US president who left office in 2000 and an Indian Government report that has similar expiry dates as well. Excuse me if I dont agree at all with the validity of that assessment.

The GOI doesn't feel that way, projecting a worst case scenario and stating that we have won are not the same.

Do you understand that GOI came to conclusion after worst case scenario ...and the conclusion was India will survive the nuclear war with Pakistan although at great cost ....?

Tell that to your Ex Air Chief Marshal Mr Asghar Khan ...
Probably you know more than he knows ...

The fact that you are basing all your arguments on that as a cornerstone of your post. rather than an academic assessment the likes of which I sent you.. shows why I disagree with whatever you are saying. And we can go round and round on this all day but I feel its time to end this on agreeing to disagreeing.

I just realized, everyone (except Indo-guy) pretty much agrees with each other, but we keep on posting and reposting the same things.

Essentially, basing your conclusions on the knowledge of a US president who left office in 2000 and an Indian Government report that has similar expiry dates as well. Excuse me if I dont agree at all with the validity of that assessment.

It's upto you ...

Well you don't take assessment of US administration ...you do not take assessment of your won Ex Air Chief Marshal ...

whose assessment you are going to accept ?

You have not answered my question ...

why did Air Chief Marshal Asghar Khan made that statement ???

Last edited:
[quote="Dillinger, post: 5607805, member: 140145" ]

The GOI doesn't feel that way, projecting a worst case scenario and stating that we have won are not the same.

Do you understand that GOI came to conclusion after worst case scenario ...and the conclusion was India will survive the nuclear war with Pakistan although at great cost ....?[/quote]

GoI probably also made a threat assessment on Pakistan's intention on Kashmir in those years. If you leave the response out of it, how was the shock to the Indian machinery when they found out about Kargil?
Would be willing to bet on a Kargil like ignorance when it comes to nuclear weapons?

Dude I don't think that you understand what MAD is.

Nobody is supposed to WIN. Nobody is supposed to survive.

Pardon me if i don't take the word of a retired Official who retired even before our Nuclear program begun.

Thankyou.

NOBODY WILL WIN, that is for sure.
SOME will survive.
Which will depend mainly on some factors. Largely on the Mega/Kilo-Tonnage used W.R.T. Area/Population Targeted; of which Area will be a big variable among all the other variables.

About that retired Official, he was not a fool when he was in service, neither is he likely to be one after he served. Now take that or leave that, who cares a fig.

[quote="Dillinger, post: 5607805, member: 140145" ]

Do you understand that GOI came to conclusion after worst case scenario ...and the conclusion was India will survive the nuclear war with Pakistan although at great cost ....?[/quote]

AND survival is the same as victory?

Have I not made it clear-

Survival of a large number of people will not equate to victory sans the institutions and infrastructure that comprise a nation. Survival of said infra and institutions along with the people will mean victory, but that is simply not possible. We have simply projected that we'd come out better off than Pakistan, which again all members agree to broadly, if by better we mean that we will live in shelters and camps while searching for irradiated resources while the Pakistanis count their beans in jannat.

It's upto you ...

Well you don't take assessment of US administration ...you do not take assessment of your won Ex Air Chief Marshal ...

whose assessment you are going to accept .

You have not answered my question ...

why did Air Chief Marshal Asghar Khan made that statement ???

I have no idea, I dont speak for the air chief. That in itself is a rather feeble way to promote your argument. I've already given you why neither are valid today as of 2nd may 2014.

Do you understand that GOI came to conclusion after worst case scenario ...and the conclusion was India will survive the nuclear war with Pakistan although at great cost ....?

This assessment was done in aftermath of Kargil .

I have no idea, I dont speak for the air chief. That in itself is a rather feeble way to promote your argument. I've already given you why neither are valid today as of 2nd may 2014.

Ex Air Chief Marshal made that statement in mid 2013 .

suddenly scenario has changed within less than a year ???

Careful with the assessment of the arsenal's size, it is based on the tonnage of the enriched material stockpile, the same figures for India as back as 99 under the IAEA study stood at an unsafeguarded stockpile large enough for over 500 warheads.
Lets just say that PAEC has been quite busy these days. the actual size of the stockpile is quite bigger than what is reported.

Lets just say that PAEC has been quite busy these days. the actual size of the stockpile is quite bigger than what is reported.

so now we have to take your word of mouth as proof .

India's plutonium production has gone up 10 times that of Pakistan's ...and that's well documented truth .

and still it's Pakistan which has larger nuclear stockpile than India ???

Ahemm...consider that that is unsubstantiated, at the moment we only have the substantiated stockpile figures with the Americans stating that Pakistan is actively converting its stockpile into warheads. Lets stick with that or else everyone here will be claiming that they have more of this or more of that. We operate here on figures we can back up with some source.

What's with the dp, I was scrolling down the page and half of it was visible..looked like a bloody "gash".:cheesy:

AND survival is the same as victory?

Have I not made it clear-

Survival of a large number of people will not equate to victory sans the institutions and infrastructure that comprise a nation. Survival of said infra and institutions along with the people will mean victory, but that is simply not possible. We have simply projected that we'd come out better off than Pakistan, which again all members agree to broadly, if by better we mean that we will live in shelters and camps while searching for irradiated resources while the Pakistanis count their beans in jannat .

You said in your own post # 122 that surviving nuclear war is in itself a victory ....

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom