Why doesn't Brazil attract immigrants?

São Paulo

9722530810_d199860c90_b.jpg

11627093715_a86f879a76_b.jpg

3025185103_f292542e14_b.jpg

10869692635_bf93fbd625_b.jpg

9349403546_2bddc3a837_b.jpg

I don't want to insult Brazil but here are the cold hard economic numbers:

It's GDP/capita is 12,100 US dollars for last year. This means it is just about middle income.

Let us compare with another middle income country like Malaysia and that has 17,500 US dollars.

Now Malaysia is growing it's GDP at 5% a year whereas Brazil is around 2% for the last 3 years.

At this rate Malaysia will become a developed country within a decade or so but Brazil will still stay middle-income.

Brazil's economy has been going nowhere for decades. For one reason or another it cannot become a developed country.

I don't want to insult Brazil but here are the cold hard economic numbers:

It's GDP/capita is 12,100 US dollars for last year. This means it is just about middle income.

Let us compare with another middle income country like Malaysia and that has 17,500 US dollars.

Now Malaysia is growing it's GDP at 5% a year whereas Brazil is around 2% for the last 3 years.

At this rate Malaysia will become a developed country within a decade or so but Brazil will still stay middle-income.

Brazil's economy has been going nowhere for decades. For one reason or another it cannot become a developed country.

Well the growth has slowed down, no doubt. But still, Brazil has decent prospects in the future I think. You can't really compare it to Malaysia, which is a very small country. It's untrue that Brazil's economy has been going nowehere for decades. Brazil saw 7.5 % growth in 2010 and from 2004- 2008, it experienced on average ~5 % growth rate. I don't see how you came to the conclusion that Brazil can't become a developed country.:crazy:

Well the growth has slowed down, no doubt. But still, Brazil has decent prospects in the future I think. You can't really compare it to Malaysia, which is a very small country. It's untrue that Brazil's economy has been going nowehere for decades. Brazil saw 7.5 % growth in 2010 and from 2004- 2008, it experienced on average ~5 % growth rate. I don't see how you came to the conclusion that Brazil can't become a developed country.:crazy:

Dude Brazil has been middle income for many decades. If it could do become developed, it would have done it now.

No offence but Brazil is destined to remain middle-income in our lifetimes at least.

Dude, I refer you to the below IMF data to make my case:

Country Year GDP/capita(PPP US dollars)

Brazil 1980 3,700

Malaysia 1980 2,400

As you can see in 1980, Brazilians were 50% richer than Malaysians. In 2013 it is the other way round,

The IMF forecasts that Malaysia will grow 5% a year on average for the next 5 years and Brazil will be 3% a year.

Run this till 2030, and Malaysia will be a developed country and Brazil still firmly in middle-income territory.

Dude Brazil has been middle income for many decades. If it could do become developed, it would have done it now.

No offence but Brazil is destined to remain middle-income in our lifetimes at least.

Dude, I refer you to the below IMF data to make my case:

Country Year GDP/capita(PPP US dollars)

Brazil 1980 3,700

Malaysia 1980 2,400

As you can see in 1980, Brazilians were 50% richer than Malaysians. In 2013 it is the other way round,

The IMF forecasts that Malaysia will grow 5% a year on average for the next 5 years and Brazil will be 3% a year.

Run this till 2030, and Malaysia will be a developed country and Brazil still firmly in middle-income territory.

WHatever man. Maybe the growth rate will accelerate in the future

WHatever man. Maybe the growth rate will accelerate in the future

Dude I have nothing against Brazil.

In fact I see it as becoming a major pole in the new world with the end of Western dominance.

You are a good people but somehow cannot get developed for some reason.

Dude I have nothing against Brazil.

In fact I see it as becoming a major pole in the new world with the end of Western dominance.

You are a good people but somehow cannot get developed for some reason.

This is a problem with all of South America but Brazil is better than most.

This is a problem with all of South America but Brazil is better than most.

I have seen certain shows about deadliest creatures in Brazil from Amazon forest, some tourist who visit Brazil got bitten by botfly and carry their larvae in their body. How a normal Brazilian cope with all these things or they just confined to remote places.

A lot of people have this impression that brazil is full of poverty and slums and this is only partially true. Brazil has problems but there is a lot of prosperity too. Brazil is not a shithole !

Actually that's a very valid question!.... why not???? so many hot chicks...... a good economy with the potential to be great..... why the hell not? :o:

A lot of people have this impression that brazil is full of poverty and slums and this is only partially true. Brazil has problems but there is a lot of prosperity too. Brazil is not a shithole !

Okay I'll come to Brazil if you insist ! :(

Back
Top Bottom