What's new

Why do people marry, wonders Malala

You are quoting about something which is not relevant here.

Social norms, and above all, Divine rules, comes into the category of no "ifs and buts".

The reason I posted that is with regards to your comments about media coverage about Malala's comments, Pakistan's location on the line suggests that many Pakistanis think that they have struck the right balance with their freedom of speech, not too much and not too little.

Years ago, People like Hamid Mir and "one who can not be named" had helped to create this Malala scam. A whole team consisted of local-foreign people were involved in writing blogs in English of a teen living in country side with goats and sheeps had carefully framed this character 'Malala' as a future Trojan horse. How many of our countrymen will suspect this grand forgery today ? No one did suspect when this scam artist was born.
iirc there were more girls who were injured alongside Malala...maybe their fathers didn't agree to work for foreign intelligence agencies.

The reason I posted that is with regards to your comments about media coverage about Malala's comments, Pakistan's location on the line suggests that many Pakistanis think that they have struck the right balance with their freedom of speech, not too much and not too little.

I am not sure how "freedom of speech" is even relevant here?

vague statement
is she wondering why gay people marry or why trans people marry if at all?
or why under age people marry or why inter racial people marry? or why people of different faith marry or why very old people marry? or why people of opposite sex with the age of consent marry?

well its a social contract which makes two people committed to each other for life in all faiths.
best thing is she must ask her mentor i.e. his father why he married her mother,
Does Malala have the right to speak her mind?
of course she does. after taking a bullet to her head for speaking up in Swat I dont think she can be bullied by anyone to stop speaking her mind.

I say she has the power to be judgmental as well since she has the clout to do so. it will be only fair that she and her promotional team must be ready for responses and reactions (in same note and kind).

I am not sure if she is suggesting the concept of open marriage or open relationship. whether or not she is can be debated but she must start with her very media savvy father who also has "enriched" himself after his daughter was shot along with 2 other nameless girls (no one cares about) on that fateful day.

So no debate is allowed at all based on beliefs on divine rules? How is that enforceable?

Question is, why do you want to debate the Divine laws to begin with? What is there to debate?

Enforcement can be done very easily. Social boycott, media/social media onslaught , destroying whatever image is there. I will go as far as revoking of citizenship. We hear so much about "western values" and their preservation, which is fair enough. World must respect Pakistani/Islamic values and laws.
best thing is she must ask her mentor i.e. his father why he married her mother,

Better, if she ask her father as to how she came about in this world. I don't have any doubt about Mr and Mrs Yusufzai.

Question is, why do you want to debate the Divine laws to begin with? What is there to debate?

Enforcement can be done very easily. Social boycott, media/social media onslaught , destroying whatever image is there. I will go as far as revoking of citizenship. We hear so much about "western values" and their preservation, which is fair enough. World must respect Pakistani/Islamic values and laws.

Better, if she ask her father as to how she came about in this world. I don't have any doubt about Mr and Mrs Yusufzai.
talking about her father he came to her rescue blaming media has put her comments without context but he didnt give the missing context. Molana Populzai reacted to Malala's vague flame baiting comments but no satisfactory answer was provided (in my opinion)

Well, let's start with whose set of Divine Laws are to be enforced? Do we all agree on just one set? That is just one example, not that I am trying to engage in any religious debate.

The point is that something that is clearly NOT unanimous must allow for debate, whatever shape or form it might take by consensus.

Enforcement is not easy as you make it seem, since the foundation is different for every set of religious beliefs among a diversity of humanity.
it will be only fair that she and her promotional team must be ready for responses and reactions (in same note and kind).

That is only fair, I agree.

Well, let's start with whose set of Divine Laws are to be enforced? Do we all agree on just one set? That is just one example, not that I am trying to engage in any religious debate.

The point is that something that is clearly NOT unanimous must allow for debate, whatever shape or form it might take by consensus.

Enforcement is not easy as you make it seem, since the foundation is different for every set of religious beliefs among a diversity of humanity.

Thats a very childish argument.

In Pakistan and Muslim world, it will be the divine laws as revealed to Prophet (PBUH), mentioned in the sharia very extensively. In other jurisdiction outside above, it will be whatever the collective understanding of laws is (divine or human). The person under the microscope has not rescinded Islam (well at least publicly), one would imagine should be equipped with knowledge about sacred institution which is marriage in Islam.

And since when humanity agree on matters, specially relating to religion? There is a reason why we got different religions with different set of rules, laws and values. Respect them.

Those who call themselves Muslims, are governed but Islamic laws. Weather they like it or not, its a different matter. One can go and break the law in individual capacity and there will be many who will do the same, but law, the values, cannot be questioned to justify own rebellious and wrong doing nature.

@ malala

if you like to be public property where any Tom, dick and harry can have go with you...

be our guest... it is your hole.

Thats a very childish argument.

In Pakistan and Muslim world, it will be the divine laws as revealed to Prophet (PBUH), mentioned in the sharia very extensively. In other jurisdiction outside above, it will be whatever the collective understanding of laws is (divine or human). The person under the microscope has not rescinded Islam (well at least publicly), one would imagine should be equipped with knowledge about sacred institution which is marriage in Islam.

And since when humanity agree on matters, specially relating to religion? There is a reason why we got different religions with different set of rules, laws and values. Respect them.

Those who call themselves Muslims, are governed but Islamic laws. Weather they like it or not, its a different matter. One can go and break the law in individual capacity and there will be many who will do the same, but law, the values, cannot be questioned to justify own rebellious and wrong doing nature.

Pakistan, and the Muslim world is part of the same planet so we must coexist with the rest of humanity, and learn to do so peacefully. The controversy over Malala's comments is just a small example of the issues involved.

The children of slave girls have been stipulated under Islamic law
Children born of slave girls have been Caliphs and sultans in cases over children born in wedlock. I beg to disagree that illegitimate children are void of inheritance.

Back
Top Bottom