What's new

Why do people marry, wonders Malala

Pakistan, and the Muslim world is part of the same planet so we must coexist with the rest of humanity, and learn to do so peacefully. The controversy over Malala's comments is just a small example of the issues involved.

Coexist, ofcourse, with fully respecting each other views, rules, laws, and faiths. Trying to find moles within each other, projecting them, to somehow make each other look lesser, or question each other ways through them, must come to end.

Coexist, ofcourse, with fully respecting each other views, rules, laws, and faiths. Trying to find moles within each other, projecting them, to somehow make each other look lesser, or question each other ways through them, must come to end.

So you think she is a mole, but how does what she says belittle anyone?

So you think she is a mole, but how does what she says belittle anyone?

Its a general statement, feel free to make own judgement on it.

The thread title " why do people marry" is directly in contradiction to the sacred institution of marriage in Islam. I feel like I am repeating myself here.

Last edited:
The thread title " why do people marry" is directly in contradiction to the scared institution of marriage in Islam. I feel like I am repeating myself here.
She is questioning one of our main values. She knew that this will happen and she should have known better. And as one brother mentioned it correctly: Marriage is first and foremost a protection for the woman. Marriage is a religious concept but even in societies there marriage is watered down with boy-and-girlfriend-culture it has at least some value left (tax cuts, custody of the children...).

Ask Bill Gates' and Jeff Bezos' Ex-wives, they will definetely agree with that statement too.

Its a general statement, feel free to make own judgement on it.

The thread title " why do people marry" is directly in contradiction to the scared institution of marriage in Islam. I feel like I am repeating myself here.

Incorrect. What would contradict the sacred institution of marriage in Islam would be to say "People should NOT marry". Asking why do people marry can have many answers, from personal beliefs, to many social and psychological reasons many have already enumerated above. There is no real issue here, really.

Incorrect. What would contradict the sacred institution of marriage in Islam would be to say "People should NOT marry". Asking why do people marry can have many answers, from personal beliefs, to many social and psychological reasons many have already enumerated above. There is no real issue here, really.

Sorry, I perhaps didn't put it correctly for your understanding. The "question" might be controversial, but to "wonder" over it, is not. Someone who call oneself Muslim, and top that, being raised in lands which are dominated by Muslim values and laws, this "wondering" is, simply put, pathetically naïve, or there is a sinister agenda. You can pick either of two, depending on where you tendencies/allegiances lies.

Sorry, I perhaps didn't put it correctly for your understanding. The "question" might be controversial, but to "wonder" over it, is not. Someone who call oneself Muslim, and top that, being raised in lands which are dominated by Muslim values and laws, this "wondering" is, simply put, pathetically naïve, or there is a sinister agenda. You can pick either of two, depending on where you tendencies/allegiances lies.

There is a third choice, not naïve or sinister. And that is to calmly answer the questions posed by a young adult, and move on. Making a bigger issue of of this in a huff is counter-productive.

She is questioning one of our main values. She knew that this will happen and she should have known better. And as one brother mentioned it correctly: Marriage is first and foremost a protection for the woman. Marriage is a religious concept but even in societies there marriage is watered down with boy-and-girlfriend-culture it has at least some value left (tax cuts, custody of the children...).

Ask Bill Gates' and Jeff Bezos' Ex-wives, they will definetely agree with that statement too.

You are asking for too much logic and sense.

I would keep it simple. These people should question their own existence and as to how they came about. Unless, in this case, the nature of relationship between Mr and Mrs Yusafzai is under question, which personally I don't doubt at all.

There is a third choice, not naïve or sinister. And that is to calmly answer the questions posed by a young adult, and move on. Making a bigger issue of of this in a huff is counter-productive.

Calm down. You are expecting an "adult" to seeking questions about how that person came into being? Does this adult still believe in stories that one fine day an angel drop him/her in mother's lap and off you go? Such "adult" shouldn't be given such exposure and audience in any shape or form. There wouldn't be an issue if a child ask these "childish" questions.

Calm down. You are expecting an "adult" to seeking questions about how that person came into being? Does this adult still believe in stories that one fine day an angel drop him/her in mother's lap and off you go? Such "adult" shouldn't be given such exposure and audience in any shape or form. There wouldn't be an issue if a child ask these "childish" questions.

Some people take longer to mature mentally than others. Obviously.

Back
Top Bottom