What's new

Why do many pakistanis love Saudis?

Status
Not open for further replies.
There are about 1.5 million Pakistanis living in Saudi Arabia, so many Pakistanis have affiliation with that country. They send money to Pakistan and help improve the life of their people. Moreover We have affiliation with Saudi Arabia because of our Prophet Muhammad Peace be upon him. He was born in that land and most Muslims travel to Saudi Arabia (Makkah & Madinah) for pilgrimage. So the interaction leads to soft corner for them for many

Pakistanis show their respect to them because of their deep love for their Prophet Peace be upon him and the sacred places like Makkah and Madinah its because thats the land where our Prophet Peace be upon him lived not to mention numerous prophets even before him. Respecting doesn't mean we worship them they are blessed with not a gift but a responsibility and if like you say they indulge in haram its their actions and they themselves would be answerable for them.

hindu guy

just a few examples: Interest/usury, Alcohol, prostitution, sodomy, rape, over eating, wasting money, being arrogant/ignorant, etc... so many more things

yeah probably, but still there are many I find who almost worship them, probably the salafi type people

mostly uneducated ones who think kissing Saudi's hand will get them in Jannah, This easy way out for Jannah has got us so many problems

There are about 1.5 million Pakistanis living in Saudi Arabia, so many Pakistanis have affiliation with that country. They send money to Pakistan and help improve the life of their people. Moreover We have affiliation with Saudi Arabia because of our Prophet Muhammad Peace be upon him. He was born in that land and most Muslims travel to Saudi Arabia (Makkah & Madinah) for pilgrimage. So the interaction leads to soft corner for them for many

just to let you know that the prophet lived in Hejaz, not all of Arabia, certinatly not Najd, which he himself hated, there are hadiths against the Najadi people who are mostly modern day Saudis, gulf arabs. Also it wasn't called "Saudi" Arabia then, that fact is that the modern Kingdom of Saudi Arabia is nothing but a western creation, Saudis worship the West (Americans) and unfortunately many illiterate muslims from south asia worship the Saudis

It is a different thing to show respect to Makkah and Medina, which are much older then this newly created state, I am not arguing about that

I usually don't comment on posts.but seeing how stupid this post was ,i couldn't bring myself to ignore this bigotry .Pakistanis love saudis because we are meant to ,this is not an literacy issue or a pseudo arab complex .It is due to our warm bilateral relations with saudia.

1.Saudi stance on kasmir .their support for our kashmir cause.Where is our so called brother iran on this ? apart from a few outburst by their mullahs which they have later rebuked ,clarified.They have declared neutrality.

2.Saudi's opposed the creation of Bangladesh .While ,our "friend" turkey didn't wait to recognize bangladesh even though pakistan to this date is one of the only country that recognizes turkish cyprus.

3.Saudi's ( and UAE) were the only countries that openly supported Pakistan's right to acquire Nuclear weapons .They even supplied Pakistan with free oil when it faced military sanctions .

4.Why is no country other than saudia helping pakistan with financial aid.Even our all weathered friend China has shown us the door,they have only provided a meager sum of $ for energy aid.We have been forced to look toward imf for bailout .Sauda again has offered us 15bn deferred payments on petroleum.

obviously they have their interests in this region,just as we have interests in ME especially the gulf. I am sick of blame saudia ,blame iran ,blame israel thing .There is no place for emotions ,affections and animosity in world politics ,its all out strategic and economic interest of each country .Its every man for himself.Those who believe otherwise are stooges .

4.Why is no country other than saudia helping pakistan with financial aid.Even our all weathered friend China has shown us the door,they have only provided a meager sum of $ for energy aid.We have been forced to look toward imf for bailout .Sauda again has offered us 15bn deferred payments on petroleum.

easy there buddy.. those oil sniffers only make investments, they don't give handouts and expect nothing in return.. they are using you people... Pakistan needs to stop being so emotional and grow the **** up... They've done more harm than good.. The sooner you realize arabs aren't your friends, the sooner you'll progress and learn to stand on your own 2 feet

The problem is our own country and over population. After partition , We got a smaller share then we should have negotiated for and also 2 of our provinces are almost desert or Barren.

Our population is 10 times the number it should be , and this is why we have high number of people who are unemployed.

The generation that inherited Pakistan , worked really hard with limited resources because they understood the meaning of freedom , but unfortunately after RIGGED elections during Ayub Khan democracy was derailed and thus the governments that followed were based on dictatorship , during this period MERIT system in country started to fade away.

If you view Old dramas from old days they used to show people going to interviews and getting jobs etc , so it reflects our status , also when we see Old PIA images we see how they were a well known global organization serving world wide people, similarly when White house used to invite Pakistani Leaders they used to welcome us with their head of state. PAKISTAN had a STATUS in the world , the value of Passport was evident. All the National Companies were making money for Pakistan there was SENSE OF PRIDE to be part of Government

After 1971 Suddenly our income levels went down due to separation of East Pakistan , our economy suffered, and East Pakistan has various crops that were sold world wide for revenue that was used by Pakistani Government . Together with the war, and low GDP levels , we were thrown into a hole. And potentially US was to blame who did not helped.

Eventually , We got another dictator who ended up killing a seemingly good leader , so since 1971-1983 Pakistan's focus was on survival , and defense. There was less focus on Education or focus on health care crumbled during this time

We had a GREAT educated class in 70's in my own family we had highly qualified Doctors, Engineers , however this generation was force to MIGRATE , because the nation was not producing enough jobs in the country. As this Golden generation passed (these were first generation kids in Pakistan). As this CLASS of highly educated people webt to MIDDLE EAST where they had a economic boom , it left a GAP and in Pakistan , people started to say that
"An Educated Man has no chance in Pakistan" - this trend started same time when Dubai chalo
slogan started.

The benefit to Pakistan was that the Golden generation sent home money built homes (some of which were stolen or mafia took over them another story) but they sent money home thinking one day they would return back ...but in their new home they found

a) Job
b) Meaningful life
c) Low salary but that was better then nothing back in Pakistan

Meanwhile , there were certainly cases of exploits in Middle east , the Passport slavery or paying certain amount of money to your sponsor was nothing short of modern day slavery together with the fact that Saudis does not pays retirement money to the workers who help build its ENGINEERING infrastructure.

However, the way I look at it , we our selves are to blame , no one else we have something lacking in our DNA or Mindset .. because Japanese had PRIDE , they were nuked twice , they got up and they are now touching the skies , same with Germans , but we Pakistanis have not been able to match that level.

And it has nothing to do with Saudis , or Emirati , or anyone else ... we lack something important that is ... ability to stand behind a leader ... a true leader like Imran Khan

The way I see it ... God gave us something important but we have not used the land well

We ourselves are to blame for every thing

So why do some people love Saudia

a) They have similar policy on Kashmir as us
b) They have helped us with food on many times
c) They have helped pay for oil and low price loans before
d) They may have collaborated on defense
e) We share same religion
f) The flag colors match
h) We have same mutual understanding in Issue of Palestine
i) They housed our extradited Presidents in Past
l) They have also helped us during earth quake and floods

For Pakistan , our goal should be to have PROSPEROUS relation with both Saudis and Iran

^^^ if you remove 1971 defeat from your post, its same in India.
I dont agree with your last line, a pride in self will make us better. Thats complete bs. infact Indians/pakistanis have too much pride and arrogance than they should.
Japanese could rebuild because they have highly productive and disciplined workforce, south asians have never been like east asians.
Also, japanese had high education level among people(before war), that make a lot of difference.

Just wanted to throw this in here.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom