What's new

Why do investors prefer start-ups in India, Pakistan over Bangladesh?

Lol. per capita 30 times lower is absolutely shameful. Bangladesh does well in all metrics including education but where ever both these communities coexist (read western countries), Bangos come up last in the ladder and other at the top. Unfortunately BBS isn't there to make up for it. Now F off.

Neither I nor BBS made up your hunger stats.. you are poor and hungry and the poster child of global poverty. Anyways you want the leftover food or what? It's better than roasted rat.

Let us hit the OP with a reality check as this whole thread was opened up to bash BD.

UK's CEBR has this forecast for GDP for BD and Pakistan for 2035 at current(then) prices.

Taken from previous post on this thread:

"BD will have a GDP at current prices of 1.2 trillion US dollars

Pakistan will have a GDP of just 760 billion US dollars.

Remember by then Pakistan will have a population 2/3rds larger than BD but with a GDP around 2/3rds as big."

So in per capita nominal terms BD will have 2.6x the number of Pakistan by the mid-2030s.

It really would then be a joke to even try to compare the 2 economies as they would be in different levels in terms of low-income, middle-income and high-income economies.

I wish Pakistan well and hope that it turns itself around but on the indications of what has happened over the last 75 years, it is highly unlikely.

Let us hit the OP with a reality check as this whole thread was opened up to bash BD.

UK's CEBR has this forecast for GDP for BD and Pakistan for 2035 at current(then) prices.

Taken from previous post on this thread:

"BD will have a GDP at current prices of 1.2 trillion US dollars

Pakistan will have a GDP of just 760 billion US dollars.

Remember by then Pakistan will have a population 2/3rds larger than BD but with a GDP around 2/3rds as big."

So in per capita nominal terms BD will have 2.6x the number of Pakistan by the mid-2030s.

It really would then be a joke to even try to compare the 2 economies as they would be in different levels in terms of low-income, middle-income and high-income economies.

I wish Pakistan well and hope that it turns itself around but on the indications of what has happened over the last 75 years, it is highly unlikely.
Only pakistani leadership is to be blamed for their current situation., When I read more about pakistan then saw they have significant structural issues and only a revolution can fix that, Imran Khan failed recently and now he risks being exicuted.

Who would belief Pakistanies are still living in colonial setup left during British era. They still have jamidari/ jagerdari, elite class ruling masses and Punjabies still holding major power, lack of representation of other races, military running industries to name a few.

Such imcompitancy shown by them when they lost track of their economy while engaged in an arms race with India. They fell for the same tactic the US used to crippled the Soviet Union with the use of larger economy advantage.

Though as Bangladeshies we are happy that now pakidtan is economically behind us but this at the same time their downfall has created a power vacuum in the subcontinent. Now India is putting more focus on its eastern neighbour Bangladesh. You can now see Indian medias sudden obsession with Bangladesh. One may see this as positive but for me it would have been better if that happend 10 to 15 years later with a richer Bangladesh who can afford a healthy military budget to tackle India.

India now knows very well that Pakistan can't affordto go a war or even a confrontation with their current economy. Thus has space resourses to destabilise its small neighbours like us, indian spys are everywhere in Bangladesh, recent incidents indicates their strong presence.

Although recent Chienese activity near Indian border has brought some relief for us but now we have to increase our defense spending that will have impact on budget allocation on other sectors.

Indian IT industry is at least two decades old. Call center business has been moved to Philippines but we are striving with infra support and software development. I would have been doing 60-70k job based on 20 years of experience if IT would not have been there. I thank God just because of it I manage to make 2.5 lakhs per month without upgrading myself much.I will have to study for at least 1-2 years learning cloud platform,devops,terraform and python to make one more lakh. OTOH Pakistan and BD is comparatively new into IT. Pakistan does not have political or economical stability apart from the needed workforce whereas BD does not want to come out of their textile mindset. They will have to invest on their youth to be a competitor.

Commission is pretty good but its not 100K per sales.

A typical detached house in Vancouver will sell for 2.1 million dollars. So a sale will bring about CDN 60K between two agents (seller and buyer), split 55-45. You are looking at $ 28-32 K.

For making 100K in one sale, you will need to sell a 7-8 million dollar house, which are very hard to sell these days.

PS : I am not a realtor. I am in process of buying my first detached house in vancouver sub-urbs. About $500K downpayment, another 300K from parents (they want to live with me) and whatever rest will be there will come from mortgage.
100k commission as long as sales are around 4 million. Which is standard in west Vancouver where my family is based on. Its 5 percent...2.5 goes this side and 2.5 other side. There are times we cut deal like lower it to 1.25...to cut competition. So basically seller pay 2.5 only. Pre con condos also give u deals if u know the builders. There are lot of opportunities as long as u have connections. Pre con condo deals are more lucrative in GTA (toronto) markets then GVA.

we also have in house mortgage broker service that comes with good commission from banks.

Congratulations on ur house purchase buddy! Best of luck. Its always a good investment.

Last edited:
Thank you for sharing this information. i work in financial sector and same applies in my sector, companies get million dollar fines. We even have to report suspicious transactions and here he is knowingly selling to money launderera. And bragging.

This mmr dalaal may not know the law and got caught boasting about his criminal conduct. Maybe he has literacy issues. What else can you expaect from a dalaaal.

Chorer mar boro gola..
ya money laundering is hard to prove its the responsibility of bd govt to stop in the first place.

But u dont even understand over or under invoicing and telling us u work in bank lol. Cleaning toilet in any bank dont count as bank job. U know that dont u.

Is Utta Pradesh growing faster than India as a whole as currently states like Gujarat have 3 times the per capita of it?
The government has a special focus on Uttar Pradesh for the last decade.
It is developing rapidly, especially western UP.
It now has the best expressways in India.
Gas pipelines are being laid.
Work is ongoing for a rapid rail transit system.
It has a lot of industries, but there is a scope for a lot more.
The state is massive, and was ignored till now by industries due to lack of infrastructure.
Also, it is very migrant friendly.

Though as Bangladeshies we are happy that now pakidtan is economically behind us but this at the same time their downfall has created a power vacuum in the subcontinent. Now India is putting more focus on its eastern neighbour Bangladesh. You can now see Indian medias sudden obsession with Bangladesh. One may see this as positive but for me it would have been better if that happend 10 to 15 years later with a richer Bangladesh who can afford a healthy military budget to tackle India.

Don't worry as India realises that a strong and economically prosperous BD is in their interest.

It needs BD to stablise it's NE and uplift W. Bengal and NE States. By trying to weaken BD it only weakens itself.

India will never invade BD unless BD attacked it first.

I used to think a strong Pakistan would be useful against India but now not sure whether it would make much difference to be honest as the dragon will always be watching over the Himalayas.

Indian IT industry is at least two decades old. Call center business has been moved to Philippines but we are striving with infra support and software development. I would have been doing 60-70k job based on 20 years of experience if IT would not have been there. I thank God just because of it I manage to make 2.5 lakhs per month without upgrading myself much.I will have to study for at least 1-2 years learning cloud platform,devops,terraform and python to make one more lakh. OTOH Pakistan and BD is comparatively new into IT. Pakistan does not have political or economical stability apart from the needed workforce whereas BD does not want to come out of their textile mindset. They will have to invest on their youth to be a competitor.
U honestly think bd will come out from making underwear mindset? Just look at the bd members on this forum so damm proud of sweatshops lol...so happy women getting 100 dollar per month to work 80 hours a week...and bd is on its way to become middle income trillion dollar (my ***) economy by selling cheap cotton underwear. Delusional bunch.

Indians are way smarter to get in to lucrative business such as software and this will serve u well for many years to come. Its only the beginning. This proves investment in education...research and open to take on challenging complex projects does pay off big time.

Your information is backdated. Bangladesh has a Tier 4 National Data center (2 Petabytes - 2nd largest in Asia and 7th largest globally). It houses the Bangladesh Govcloud and other e-Governance services. It did not take Google or Amazon to invest, it was planned and done locally.

Maybe as a Bengali, there is opportunity here at the High Tech centers for you as a trainer...

There are other private datacenters locally as well, some of which are Tier4 as well per Uptime Institute (Dutch Bangla Bank has one).

The presenter for the National Data Center video below is a flake, but the information is real.

There are planned high-tech parks being set up under govt. auspices, and Indian companies are investing as well. This one is near the National Data center near North Dhaka.

Jessore High Tech Park

There are other high tech parks under construction in Bangladesh as well (28 in all planned and under construction at this time). They are attracting interest from Google and Amazon as well.

Here is a recent study - but I don't agree with the accuracy of all the data they provided.

Last edited:

Absolutely not true as regards BD "textile mindset".

Just a single BD electronics company will smash its target of 100 million US dollars of exports this year and they have been growing at 100s of per cent a year over the last 2-3 years.

BD since 2009 has been IT focused and many "IT Parks" are being created around the country and thousands of BD youth are learning programming/IT skills every year.

U honestly think bd will come out from making underwear mindset? Just look at the bd members on this forum so damm proud of sweatshops lol...so happy women getting 100 dollar per month to work 80 hours a week...and bd is on its way to middle income trillion dollar (my ***) economy by selling cheap cotton underwear.

Indians are way smarter to get in to lucrative business such as software and this will serve u well for many years to come. Its only the beginning. This proves investment in education...research and open to take on challenging complex projects does pay off big time.

True, agree with you. If women in BD can help their husband by earning whatever they can then they will be happy doing that because you just only have to stitch daily and need not to scratch your mind to do things differently. It is a monotonous job and need not require any specific skill set. I said to invest in youth. We do have our younger generations not happy with their bachelor degrees and go for higher education within India or abroad and start their career with 20-25 lakhs bare minimum. I as an individual having experience of 20 years does not stand anywhere in front of them. Whatever I am planning to learn at the age of 42, they learn it at college level and then hit the market. One thing is for sure that India is going to rule this sector for too long and we will double or triple whatever revenue we are generating. To be in a game you will have to be a part of the game else don't enter.

Just a single BD electronics company will smash its target of 100 million US dollars of exports this year and they have been growing at 100s of per cent a year over the last 2-3 years.

I am damn sure you will be talking of Walton and nothing else as you always talk of it. I am not saying that you cannot do it, I am saying you will have to go leaps and bound before becoming a competitor.

@bilal No one from MS,Amazon to Google is going to come to BD in near future as they have their DC already here in India. What extra benefits they will get open up Datacenter in a neighboring country. Just look at the study and the datacenters they are having. I believe for entire Africa MS has its DC in South Africa only and here you are talking about opening up 2 Data centers in South Asia.

Last edited:
I am damn sure you will be talking of Walton and nothing else as you always talk of it. I am not saying that you cannot do it, I am saying you will have to go leaps and bound before becoming a competitor.

@bilal No one from MS,Amazon to Google is going to come to BD in near future as they have their DC already here in India. What extra benefits they will get open up Datacenter in a neighboring country. Just look at the study and the datacenters they are having. I believe for entire Africa MS has its DC in South Africa only and here you are talking about opening up 2 Data centers in South Asia.

So you cannot admit that you were wrong in saying BD is just "textile minded"?

Walton has become a billion dollar company by revenue due to specific BD government support of its industries over the last decade.

BD only started focusing on IT for last 14 years and so it will take some more time before it becomes really big for BD's size.

Anyway who says BD wants to become a competitor to India anytime soon? It has an initial target of 5 billion US dollars of exports by 2025 and that would be good for BD.

BD only started focusing on IT for last 14 years and so it will take some more time before it becomes really big for BD's size.

We also started in early 2000, 5 to 6 years probably before you and see the difference and was not I right when I say you are going to bring Walton to the discussion. I don't have anything against BD and want them to thrive. It will be good for the region.All the very best.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom