What's new

Why didn't India take control of bangladesh?

Because there is nothing worth in Bangladesh that one should go through the pains to control it..except maybe the tiny strip of land near Noakhali (Feni) which could have been taken to give Indian NE access to sea.

ah there is my ancestry! My paternal home! a le Ja noakhali feni!

***** !! You talking about my Home Town :butcher:

apo asura and labong's father is also from there...Khekz!

Well the thing is, India had to go to full scale war with Pakistan and win, to secure Bangladeshi independence.
Pakistan's chances of beating India in a conventional war are very slim, in a more likely scenario Pakistan will receive massive reverses in conventional conflict with India and might resort to using nuclear weapons, just to ward off a humiliating defeat. And if the war goes nuclear, Pakistanis will loose Pakistan before it can win Kashmir.

So question is ..are Pakistanis willing to loose Pakistan for sake of getting Kashmir?

To your point of that why India started "all" this in 71..is based on a wrong assumption..hadn't Pakistanis sent its troops to wrest Kashmir from India in 65(and the process making India a sworn enemy), India might have never interfered in Pakistani internal matter in East Pakistan.
So essentially it was your greed for more land, which led you to loosing half your country.

So are you smart enough to learn from your past, or your greed for more land, your in-contention with what you have, lingers on??

Pakistani's will happily loose Pakistan for the sake of freedom of Muslims living in Kashmir. The real question is: Are Hindus ready to loose only Hindu country? (Stop BS about India being a SECULAR state)!

As the saying goes, "Jo hota hai achay k liye hota hai"

To your point of that why India started "all" this in 71..is based on a wrong assumption..hadn't Pakistanis sent its troops to wrest Kashmir from India in 65(and the process making India a sworn enemy), India might have never interfered in Pakistani internal matter in East Pakistan.
So essentially it was your greed for more land, which led you to loosing half your country.

So are you smart enough to learn from your past, or your greed for more land, your in-contention with what you have, lingers on??

You are missing the point that Pakistan supported North East Insurgents all over 60s, prompting India to support East Pakistan militants.

farland7apr1970b.jpg

farland7apr1970c.jpg

I am not talking about today, I am talking about the 1971 war when India clearly had the upper hand in terms of military strength.
Militarily speaking, India already had a heavy presence in Bangladesh

I can't speak about the internal reasons since I am not an Indian.
Externally, near the end of the short conflict in 1971, both US and China have begun to move to support Pakistan. In July 1971, Henry Kissinger visited China in a secret trip and paved the way for later US-China relationship. At the time China just got out of USSR nuclear threat and the Chinese leaders were looking for strategic partners against USSR. As a result, US-China relationship warmed up considerably. At the time India is aligned, or at least in close relationship with USSR; therefore, it came to the common interest of US and China to support Pakistan against India. However, internal political movement and simple geographically barriers prevents China from sending Pakistan immediately. US, at the time, also did not have much presence around the area. By the time, US and China made it to the scene, Eastern Pakistan has already surrendered. However, while there is not much US and China can do about the surrender, their presence is sufficient to deter India from entering west Pakistan or outright annexing Eastern Pakistan.

Adhoms instead of facts
How very Hindu of you ;)

btw, a quote from John F Kenedy about India after it invaded Goa

“You spend the last fifteen years preaching morality to us, and then you go ahead and act the way any normal country would behave.... People are saying, the preacher has been caught coming out of the brothel.”

Source

Hypocrisy is in the very nature of Indians and their culture as JFK and the wold found out.

funny to see pakistanis supporting imperial powers. ;) sell out of asia. By this logic entire british india including pakistan was colony of britain so why the struggle for independence ;) jfk can sck our balls for all i care.

Because Bangladesh was earmarked for Lord Amrika and its clothing factories.

Pakistani's will happily loose Pakistan for the sake of freedom of Muslims living in Kashmir.

You know what the joke of the matter is? A lot of Pakistanis seem to be willing to lose their country for every other race, colour, creed, language, country, state....so on an so forth, but, for Pakistan. But, none of those mentioned will risk their own kind for Pakistan.

Does that not make you think? Does it not make you realise that you are being used and need to think for yourself?

Bangladesh has the largest untapped Aquifer in SE Asia.
And no, India should not even think about taking over Bangladesh with force.
With the terrain cost of lives will be unbearable to both side.
I always has a feeling for Bangladesh, so many people, so prone to natural disaster, and with the ocean rising slowly...., wealthy countries are all starting to build sea gates yet Bangladesh people can only leave their fate in Karma.
Coming to think about it, why don't you guys try to work something out together, like ground water reserve for infrastructural help or something like that?

Because there is nothing worth in Bangladesh that one should go through the pains to control it..except maybe the tiny strip of land near Noakhali (Feni) which could have been taken to give Indian NE access to sea.

Bangladesh has the largest untapped Aquifer in SE Asia.
And no, India should not even think about taking over Bangladesh with force.
With the terrain cost of lives will be unbearable to both side.
I always has a feeling for Bangladesh, so many people, so prone to natural disaster, and with the ocean rising slowly...., wealthy countries are all starting to build sea gates yet Bangladesh people can only leave their fate in Karma.
Coming to think about it, why don't you guys try to work something out together, like ground water reserve for infrastructural help or something like that?
India is unlikely to take over bd with force. They were hostile to united India, which is why we divided. We dont want them as our citizen.

If India would have taken control of BD, than there would have been NO BD SECTION!!!!!!! -------> :cray:

Latest posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom