What's new

Why didn't Bangladesh adopt the Arabic writing system ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ghaja

New Recruit

Reaction score
Why didn't Bangladesh adopt the Arabic alphabet like Iran, north Africa, Pakistan
Afghanistan and many other muslim countries?

Because, they are a country proud of their cultural heritage and do not need any external influence to showcase who they are. Simple. They are proud Bengalis.

Btw, wrong section for this thread. @nuclearpak @Oscar @Aeronaut. Could you move this to the relevant section?

Last edited by a moderator:
Because, they are a country proud of their cultural heritage and do not need any external influence to showcase who they are. Simple. They are proud Bengalis.

Btw, wrong section for this thread. @nuclearpak @Oscar @Aeronaut. Could you move this to the relevant section?

This is not the wrong section. Its about the history of Bangladesh.
When bangladesh was created the leaders had to make a decision.
And they decided not to adopt the Arabic alphabet. A lot of Muslim countries adopted
the Arabic writing system(Syria, Jordan, Iraq, Egypt, Iran, north Africa, Pakistan
Afghanistan)

This is not the wrong section. Its about the history of Bangladesh.
When bangladesh was created the leaders had to make a decision.
And they decided not to adopt the Arabic alphabet. A lot of Muslim countries adopted
the Arabic writing system(Syria, Jordan, Iraq, Egypt, Iran, north Africa, Pakistan
Afghanistan)

1. you posted the thread in wrong section, you should posted it in BD section.
2. We did not adopted because we have our own language, writing system, culture . we are proud of them and we are the only nation who gave life for mother language movement on 21st February which is now celebrated as International Mother Language day.

2. We did not adopted because we have our own language, writing system, culture . we are proud of them and we are the only nation who gave life for mother language movement on 21st February which is now celebrated as International Mother Language day.

And moreover what is arabic Writtiing system????
Persian language is as old as arabic, Iranian write that language, Urdu is mix of Hindi and Farsi, That is also non arabic..

I rephrase the Question "Why didn't Indian Muslims adopted arabic language??"

Wow. I didn't know that there was a movement like this. Thanks for the info.
According to Wikipedia the Central Pakistan Government tried to establish Urdu as the national language.
Did the Central Pakistan Government also try to establish the Arabic writing system?
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Language_Movement_Day

Bangalis only converted less than 300 years ago, vs 800 years ago in pakistan.
Simply put, but the time Bengalis had converted they had already developed their writing system.
This is nothing wrong with keeping their system.

Urdu for example, was developed by the Muslims so it made sense to use Arabic script.

And moreover what is arabic Writtiing system????
Persian language is as old as arabic, Iranian write that language, Urdu is mix of Hindi and Farsi, That is also non arabic..

I rephrase the Question "Why didn't Indian Muslims adopted arabic language??"

1. We know arabic written system for Religious purpose (Being Muslim) which does not require to be national written system and language.
2. Persian and other arab countries are culturally close to each other.
3. We have many farsi words in our language too and we even do not know it, give you one example:
we use 'table' word in our language which is english word and most of the bangladeshis do not know its bangla word (including uneducated and non-english speaker) :P

Wow. I didn't know that there was a movement like this. Thanks for the info.
According to Wikipedia the Central Pakistan Government tried to establish Urdu as the national language.
Did the Central Pakistan Government also try to establish the Arabic writing system?
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Language_Movement_Day

you welcome, but do not discuss it here, the thread may get ruined :P

If it were up to the jamatis they would change it to arabic asap.

Urdu for example, was developed by the Muslims so it made sense to use Arabic script.

Well you guys use Arabic script to write Punjabi and Sindhi too.

I think @arp2041 and @Skull and Bones were right. You are a jamati :D

He is no Jamati.......

He is just NONSENSEforever :rofl:

P.S. I am STILL waiting for the source of 130 Indian Soldiers death :whistle:

And aren't a day before they were taunting us for not being true to bengali culture? While now they were adopting language and script from the middle east.

What is TRUE Bengali Culture??

Electing HASINA?? :lol:

He is no Jamati.......

He is just NONSENSEforever :rofl:

P.S. I am STILL waiting for the source of 130 Indian Soldiers death :whistle:

What is TRUE Bengali Culture??

Electing HASINA?? :lol:

and you are girly guy :haha:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back