What's new

Why China will chose India over Pakistan

Status
Not open for further replies.
as i said assume. i dint say its a likely scenario at present but again who knows what can happen in the future . back in the day india didnt had very good realtions with US to the point that they supported pakistan against its war against india , but today india has good relation with US.

as for your comparing india's economy is marginally behind brazil's currently. will definitely overtake brazil shortly given the growth rate of india. u need to keep an update on india's growth rate ;)

^^^ Here you go:

List of countries by future GDP (nominal) estimates - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

China will never choose india over Pakistan. This is because China worres in case of a conflict Chinese fuel supply can easily be cut off by the indian navy from the Middle East. Because of this China is now trying to create an alternative route to gain fuel from the Middle East and this is through Pakistan. In addition to this, Pakistan is the gateway for China to the Middle East markets.

China will never choose india over Pakistan. This is because China worres in case of a conflict Chinese fuel supply can easily be cut off by the indian navy from the Middle East. Because of this China is now trying to create an alternative route to gain fuel from the Middle East and this is through Pakistan. In addition to this, Pakistan is the gateway for China to the Middle East markets.

Any supply line through Karakoram pass is much easier to disrupt than one through say Malacca strait or strait of hormuz as Karakorum supply line is in direct firing range of Indian troops in siachen...
Map-of-Siachen-TOI.jpg

on the other hand Malacca strait is more than 1200 kilometrs away from mainland India and more than 100 Km from Port blair(Andaman and Nicobar.

MalaccaDistance.gif

Any supply line through Karakoram pass is much easier to disrupt than one through say Malacca strait or strait of hormuz as Karakorum supply line is in direct firing range of Indian troops in siachen...
Map-of-Siachen-TOI.jpg

on the other hand Malacca strait is more than 1200 kilometrs away from mainland India and more than 100 Km from Port blair(Andaman and Nicobar.

MalaccaDistance.gif

lets not forget the Pakistan army/air force and the imminent threat of nuclear war if this is undertaken.

lets not forget the Pakistan army/air force and the imminent threat of nuclear war if this is undertaken.

You are just being funny. It was you who suggested that the Indian navy might enforce a blockade against China. If they aren't bothered about the Chinese reaction, you can be reasonably sure that Pakistani reaction isn't going to worry them much.

Hi Developereo! Can you explain what you mean by arrogance from Indian side? I mean not the immature posters in forums but official. How does Pakistan consider India being arrogant?

Last edited:
Thanks for the comments. Please excuse the fact that I will answer many of the comments in one shot instead of quoting each one.

Firstly about India. I am not a false flag Indian ;). I am sure there will be a long line of Indians here willing to attest that! :tup:

But I am also not rabidly anti-India (well, depends on the day :)). I acknowledge we have an ongoing geopolitical conflict with India and both sides are going for the jugular, but I don't believe it is a religious conflict or an ethnic one. We are basically the same people with very much shared culture. This will make some Pakistanis angry but I believe an average person from Karachi/Lahore would fit in just fine in Mumbai/Delhi, and vice versa.

And I do admire India for certain things they have done better than Pakistan. They do make democracy work. They have a pretty decent education system. They have developed their soft power far beyond their actual military or economic muscle.

So I believe that, once the geopolitical conflict is resolved, India and Pakistan can have excellent relations indeed. Most people on both sides would want that.

However, right now, we are in a cold war and things are actually getting worse. As India becomes stronger and gains powerful, global allies, it is becoming more arrogant. It treats Pakistan almost with disdain, acting like a superpower, instead of as an equal adversary to be treated with mutual respect to resolve matters diplomatically. The Mumbai 26/11 saga is one example where India treated the situation as a US v/s Afghanistan scenario. The truth is that India is not the US, and Pakistan is not Afghanistan. But India doesn't want to admit it. It is getting drunk on its newfound popularity with the West.

Now, coming to China and the premise of this thread, let's clarify a few points.

The Pakistan-China relationship is quite similar in some ways to the Russia-India relationship. Not much deep cultural exchange, but a solid foundation of shared, mutual geopolitical interests that have stood the test of time. If anything, the China-Pakistan strategic relationship is even stronger.

In opening this thread, I was primarily motivated by a desire to see more cultural exchange and far deeper ties between China and Pakistan. Chinese culture is one of the pillars of human civilization and I don't think enough Pakistani children learn that. Similarly, I would like to believe that Pakistan is respected and supported by most ordinary Chinese people, rather than just a handful of policy makers in Beijing. As China becomes more democratic, we want its government to continue supporting us because its people want to, not because of some obscure geopolitical calculus.

Right now we have a serious image problem around the world; the least we can expect is that our friends understand our side of the story. This requires effort on both sides. The Chinese government and media need to showcase Pakistani culture. And Pakistan needs to develop its soft power so we can project a positive image to the rest of the world.

Finally, I agree that, as countries, China and India will always have an undercurrent of competition, even rivalry, which will prevent their governments forming the kind of close relationship that China and Pakistan enjoy. But, given the gap in soft-power projection between Pakistan and India, a more democratic Chinese government may be forced to make concessions to India that are detrimental to Pakistan.

Last edited:
The Mumbai 26/11 saga is one example where India treated the situation as a US v/s Afghanistan scenario. The truth is that India is not the US, and Pakistan is not Afghanistan. But India doesn't want to admit it. It is getting drunk on its newfound popularity with the West.

If it had been the case(as narrated by you), we would be fighting over who won the 2001-02 war on PDF today.*
*conditions apply

but if atall china has chosen india over pakistan and india and china are friends then why the hell will indian navy cut off chinese supply ???????:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

However, right now, we are in a cold war and things are actually getting worse. As India becomes stronger and gains powerful, global allies, it is becoming more arrogant. It treats Pakistan almost with disdain, acting like a superpower, instead of as an equal adversary to be treated with mutual respect to resolve matters diplomatically. The Mumbai 26/11 saga is one example where India treated the situation as a US v/s Afghanistan scenario. The truth is that India is not the US, and Pakistan is not Afghanistan. But India doesn't want to admit it. It is getting drunk on its newfound popularity with the West.

I think you have mistaken confidence for arrogance…

Pakistan always evokes some kind of emotions (positive and negative) amongst us Indians, may be because we were one country before 1947, but the emotion was never disdain…or are you again mistaking hate for disdain especially after 26/11. India never treated Pakistan as US treats Afghanistan...there are lot of examples to prove this. In fact, India always wanted friendly relations with Pakistan. But, 26/11 was a game changer…let me ask you a thing – what would have been Pakistan’s reaction if such thing as 26/11 happened on Pakistan’s soil?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom