Why China will chose India over Pakistan

Status
Not open for further replies.
develereo has put in some very interesting and valid points
but..... still it is difficult that chaina will ever chose india over pakistan
1. because india never lets anyone bully it
2. china's expansionists ambition will never be supported by india
3. border disputes are very bitter to be solved so easily

so it will be very wiser to think that maybe china wont be close friend or ally of india but as the same time it wont be enemy as well
reasons:
1; lucrative market india has to offer
2. getting in conflict will india or anyone will off course hamper development of china
and i am sure Chinese are intelligent enough to think about it

I've been through this thread and I can say with confidence that no one has been able to offer a position that deals effectively with the points Develepero has raised -- and it should focus the thinking of Pakistanis, the relationship Pakistan is building is shallow - it does not engender great confidence.

To the point. thanks for posting it. :tup:

dude why are you getting angry? chillax dawg,

why do you even bother to respond and read it if it bother you so much?

no one force you to respond to them if it that bad. chillax!!!

dude from where in my post where i m getting angry?...i m having fun pointing fact to little knowledge troll like u..relax man dont get over excited .....and dont keep on whinning and crying out like baby.....lol

Amazing thoughtful, Developereo :tup:

I agree! China and Pakistan relationship is not going to be last longer, just business interests.

China use Pakistan to attack India, I see it is just business interests. If there were no wars in India-Pakistan, China wouldn't be here today.

I believe in 2025, it will be a game-changer.

:pakistan: :china:

Amazing thoughtful, Developereo :tup:

I agree! China and Pakistan relationship is not going to be last longer, just business interests.

China use Pakistan to attack India, I see it is just business interests. If there were no wars in India-Pakistan, China wouldn't be here today.

I believe in 2025, it will be a game-changer.

:pakistan: :china:

i dont think this india china rivalry is ending anytime soon ;) so as long there is rivalry china needs pakistan to contain india. this is just start of "great rivalry" of the 21st century , it will get more intense as we see competition for influence and resources in future .

^you got 'thank' by Chinese. It is good start to make friendship in mutual respect ! Isn't working? I have seen many Chinese/Indians good-friends together outside China and India. ;) Governments issues must solve!

I sincerely hope sleeping lion like Pakistan will finally wake up!

Indians and Pakistanis both are puppets in nature and history suggest that. No change happens in even decades after seperation other than the hands of puppet controllers. They are quite eco friendly......USE........THROW........REUSE :frown:

I completely and utterly disagree with the premise of the original argument.

Firstly, economic factors are not as important as you think. Japan has been the 2nd largest economy for most of recent history (recently surpassed by China), and China-Japan trade is in the hundreds of billions. India's economy can not hope to match that, even after two decades.

Yet China and Japan are not diplomatically close, nor have any alignments changed!

Secondly, Pakistan has now become a vital geostrategic "artery" for China, especially after Gwadar port, oil pipelines and the KKH are all completed. There is nothing that can replace Gwadar port as a means to bypass the Indian ocean for China.

Conclusion: Even disregarding cultural ties (which should be improved), Pakistan is still vital for China in geostrategic terms, and will continue to be. India's economy is no where NEAR a match for Japan's economy, and even if it was, we can clearly see that trade did not improve Sino-Japanese ties. It won't improve Sino-Indian ties either.

Last edited:
I completely and utterly disagree with the premise of the original post.

Firstly, economic factors are not as important as you think. Japan has been the 2nd largest economy for most of recent history (recently surpassed by China), and China-Japan trade is in the hundreds of billions. India's economy can not hope to match that, even after two decades.

Yet China and Japan are not diplomatically close, nor have any alignments changed!

Secondly, Pakistan has now become a vital geostrategic "artery" for China, especially after Gwadar port, oil pipelines and the KKH are all completed. There is nothing that can replace Gwadar port as a means to bypass the Indian ocean for China.

Conclusion: Even disregarding cultural ties (which should be improved), Pakistan is still vital for China in geostrategic terms, and will continue to be. India's economy is no where NEAR a match for Japan's economy, and even if it was, we can clearly see that trade did not improve Sino-Japanese ties. It won't improve Sino-Indian ties either.

ok pak is vital for china........
how china is vital for pakistan in the light if indo-pak disputes gets mutually and amicably resolved in coming 5 years????? :azn:

ok pak is vital for china........
how china is vital for pakistan in the light if indo-pak disputes gets mutually and amicably resolved in coming 5 years????? :azn:

Tell me, what are the chances of you guys solving the Kashmir issue?

Let's say hypothetically that happens, and Pakistan/India become friendly.

China would still maintain very good relations with Pakistan, and will continue to invest heavily in the Pakistani economy, and provide infrastructure development, and further nuclear deals.

Pakistan of course stands to benefit economically from establishing a Gwadar route into China's western border, the transit fees alone would be enormous. It will also lead to the development of Gwadar as a port city, leading to further Chinese investments, joint projects, etc.

^you got 'thank' by Chinese. It is good start to make friendship in mutual respect ! Isn't working? I have seen many Chinese/Indians good-friends together outside China and India. ;) Governments issues must solve!

I sincerely hope sleeping lion like Pakistan will finally wake up!

i guess i got the 'thank' by the chinese member bcoz i was advocating rivalry b/w india and china . few days back CD was one of the few chinese members who advocated india china friendship ....but for the past few days he has changed his taste and joined anti india bandwagon :D dont know what exactly is the reason for his 'mood swing'. probably had a bad conversation with some indian member.
anyways whatever suits his taste .
i like more pragmatic approach . its not that if ur not a friend then u should be an enemy.

Incorrect, I thanked that post because I agreed that Sino-Indian rivalry will not end soon.

yes it 'cant' but then future it 'can' . no one can predict the future buddy.
how the world political order can change is only a matter of speculation .
who knows in future maybe india turns against US and india china unite against the west or say NATO ( hypothetical :D ).

yes it 'cant' but then future it 'can' . no one can predict the future buddy.
how the world political order can change is only a matter of speculation .
who knows in future maybe india turns against US and india china unite against the west or say NATO ( hypothetical :D ).

"China and India unite against the West"? I very much doubt that.

China's biggest export customers are the EU, America and Japan. India doesn't even come close.

Given that situation, how does your hypothetical scenerio play out?

Even given "future" economic trends, India's economy will still be behind Brazil.

"China and India unite against the West"? I very much doubt that.

China's biggest export customers are the EU, America and Japan. India doesn't even come close.

Given that situation, how does your hypothetical scenerio play out?

Even given "future" economic trends, India's economy will still be behind Brazil.

as i said assume. i dint say its a likely scenario at present but again who knows what can happen in the future . back in the day india didnt had very good realtions with US to the point that they supported pakistan against its war against india , but today india has good relation with US.

we had good realtions even with china in the past ( sadly we got too carried away :D ) .

as for your comparing india's economy is marginally behind brazil's currently. will definitely overtake brazil shortly given the growth rate of india. u need to keep an update on india's growth rate ;)

morever in the near future it is even projected to take over japan just like china will surprass US in future given the stagnant growth rates of US and japan. and im not being over patriotic im just being pragmatic

and i dont want to flood this posts with all those goldman sachs and PWC reports links predicting india's economic growth . u can google them yourself ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom