What's new

Why China paid $1trillion to US but doesn't pay a dime to the Pak govt?

Oh man ! You again started your complex rants. Atleast you could have read the heading of the thread. :rofl: and it is started by a pakistani member. :rofl:

Ques : Why China paid $1trillion to US but doesn't pay a dime to the Pak govt?
Rafi : Because indian have inferiority complex :rofl:

No indians have an inferiority complex, because this thread has more indians in it than Chinese and Pakistanis put together, in conclusion inferiority complex ;)

No indians have an inferiority complex, because this thread has more indians in it than Chinese and Pakistanis put together, in conclusion inferiority complex ;)

Even though the thread title, is clearly about China and Pakistan (and doesn't even mention the word India at all).

Yet there are more Indian members on this thread, than Chinese and Pakistani members combined. That should tell you something. :lol:

Even though the thread title is clearly about China and Pakistan, and doesn't even mention the word India at all.

Yet there are more Indian members on this thread, than Chinese and Pakistani members combined. That should tell you something. :lol:
so what is wrong with that ? Isn't a forum to discuss ?

Even though the thread title, is clearly about China and Pakistan (and doesn't even mention the word India at all).

There are more of them - and they express an interest as opposed to Pakistanis - now if the thread was about "jihad", there would be a lot more Pakistanis here -- that's what is really telling.

so what is wrong with that ? Isn't a forum to discuss ?

DOn't even bother.

They don't have anything to comment on topic.

The Pakistanis are happy singing hymns for their Chinese Messiahs.

The Chinese have nothing much to show apart from empty rhetoric.

...but then, why spend hard cash when mere words can do the job?

;)

"Higher than mountains, deeper than oceans."

Enjoy the show...

:lol::lol::lol:

DOn't even bother.

They don't have anything to comment on topic.

The Pakistanis are happy singing hymns for their Chinese Messiahs.

The Chinese have nothing much to show apart from empty rhetoric.

...but then, why spend hard cash when mere words can do the job?

;)

"Higher than mountains, deeper than oceans."

Enjoy the show...

:lol::lol::lol:

that's just plain rubbish - it's immature and unworthy of you. The thread is about a serious issue, so I don't see how behaving in an immature manner is furthering anybody here.

The worth of the Pakistan China relationship is up to them to decide, surely, right? However, the question as to why there is not more investment is interesting - clearly the Pakistanis are deficient in terms of attracting more investment not just from China but the world and the most important thing is that if Pakistanis are not willing to invest in Pakistan in greater amounts, why should others?

I don't see why there should be any expectation of heavy Chinese investment in Pakistan except in areas that China cannot sufficiently supply for itself. So, energy resources, raw materials and food are good candidates, but manufacturing plants are not. The key question for Pakistan, apart from the political issues many have raised, is what does Pakistan have that China needs? Inexpensive educated labor, or advanced technology, aren't it. What is IT?

This is pure economics at work here. Any half intelligent businessman will invest into something that provides some sort of return, countries are no different. Investing money into the US and helping to stabilize the American economy, in turns helps the Chinese economy. The Americans are the biggest consumers on this planet. What people dont realize is that if the Americans tank completely, the rest of the world will go with it. The Americans are essentially the end users, all nations play a part in building a product that is then at the mercy of the American consumer.
The Chinese are just protecting their interest by providing money to those who will in turn buy Chinese products and help further their own economic growth.
Pakistan provides no such advantages. Pak-China relationship is strategic and more often than not the Chinese invest in our defence industry which is unlikely to ever provide, even an indirect, pay off. As muse rightly puts it, Pakistanis have no confidence in their nation, it would be extremely arrogant of us to expect others to throw their hard earned money into the bottomless corruption pit that defines commerce in Pakistan.

that's just plain rubbish - it's immature and unworthy of you. The thread is about a serious issue, so I don't see how behaving in an immature manner is furthering anybody here.

I thought those with an inferiority complex have the right to be inferior without inviting surprise.

For we are inferior...:cry::cry:

The worth of the Pakistan China relationship is up to them to decide, surely, right? However, the question as to why there is not more investment is interesting - clearly the Pakistanis are deficient in terms of attracting more investment not just from China but the world and the most important thing is that if Pakistanis are not willing to invest in Pakistan in greater amounts, why should others?

At least one thing is clear.

As a value proposition, Pakistan of today has little to offer be it to China, the US, the EU or martians; infact, anybody apart from the Mullahs.

That once again demonstrates that in international relationships, there are no permanent friends or enemies, only permanent interests.

China, or any other nation, will not come to save its ally, or rather shall I say, will help it only to the extent that serves its purpose.

Pakistan of today is little more to China than a counter to India and an access route to Centra Asia.

Nothing more than that.

---------- Post added at 01:40 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:38 AM ----------

I don't see why there should be any expectation of heavy Chinese investment in Pakistan except in areas that China cannot sufficiently supply for itself. So, energy resources, raw materials and food are good candidates, but manufacturing plants are not. The key question for Pakistan, apart from the political issues many have raised, is what does Pakistan have that China needs? Inexpensive educated labor, or advanced technology, aren't it. What is IT?

A counter to India and an access route to central asia.

Nothing more than that.

The author needs to get rid of Beggar Mentality.The fact is that China is close friend of Pakistan and cares about Pakistan That's why don't give hard cash like Americans through which they could potentially blackmail us much like US.US actually bribes our politicans in the form of AID.China as a sincere friend wants Pakistan to stand on its own feet that's why it always invests in development projects.Chinese owe us nothing.We should be thankful to their support diplomatic, development etc.Actually, the 1 trillion is beneficial for China because it buys China leverage over USA.Chine is not doing it out of goodwill but to gain leverage our USA.China actually cares about it's allies.It went to war for a small country like North Korea.That tells you a lot what China thinks of its allies.

You did not pay attention to what I am trying to say (There is no content of beggar mentality rather I pointed out pure business in return), if Chinese bails out Pakistan of the debt and in return a working commission/group is established to over see the areas of interest and investment and a guaranteed access is given to Chinese companies in all those fields would make sure both sides have a positive out come for their economies. This is how it took place in North America.

Neighbor and a strategic friend is important to China right?

This is pure economics at work here. Any half intelligent businessman will invest into something that provides some sort of return, countries are no different. Investing money into the US and helping to stabilize the American economy, in turns helps the Chinese economy. The Americans are the biggest consumers on this planet. What people dont realize is that if the Americans tank completely, the rest of the world will go with it. The Americans are essentially the end users, all nations play a part in building a product that is then at the mercy of the American consumer.
The Chinese are just protecting their interest by providing money to those who will in turn buy Chinese products and help further their own economic growth.
Pakistan provides no such advantages. Pak-China relationship is strategic and more often than not the Chinese invest in our defence industry which is unlikely to ever provide, even an indirect, pay off. As muse rightly puts it, Pakistanis have no confidence in their nation, it would be extremely arrogant of us to expect others to throw their hard earned money into the bottomless corruption pit that defines commerce in Pakistan.

You have summarised what I've been saying all over this thread.

But you are bound to be taken more seriously.

I guess that's got more to do with my flags than my posts.

;)

...and also with my 'inferiority complex'

:lol:

There is great scope for investment not just from China but the world - however, it's is just plain unreasonable to expect greater investment without making the structural and legislative changes that would allow business and capital to consider greater investment.

I am compelled to add that in Pakistan, the entire notion of investment and business or industry, is rather, suspect - not only does the government not get it neither do most people - consider, less than one percent of the population actually pays any tax, the political elite, primarily agricultural in outlook, pay even less tax if they pay it all - and the government uses huge loss making enterprises as venues for political patronage and nepotism -- it's not that such problems do not exist elsewhere as well, rather it is that these are norms in Pakistan, nobody is particularly ashamed that this is the way things work.

If you look at the "Agenda for Reform" thread, you will notice that the former governor of the Reserve bank and the finance minister both have published works that call for Liberalizing and privatizing the economy - you will also note that these have not had any traction among Pakistanis. Is it any wonder that we see so few of them on this thread?

Back
Top Bottom