What's new

Why Chennai can't and won't speak Hindi

Wow, all the history explained in just five paragraphs??? :omghaha: :omghaha:
Why the need to read a history book that is few hundred pages long? why attend university? :omghaha:

I can't post history books here as a proof.

@Fattyacids correct me if im wrong, its true that Chinese still speak the language which is thousands of years old? If true thats is civilization continuation unlike what Indians claim. Here is short history of dead language Sanskrit.

1: It has been dead for thousands of years.
2: It was never spoken by common people, let alone all over South Asia
3: It died because Pakistanis converted to Buddhism and left Vedic religion.
4: The hindus of India were dumb and so Sanskrit literature died with it.
5: Today not even 1 person in whole world speak Sanskrit as mother tongue.

Last edited by a moderator:
@Fattyacids correct me if im wrong, its true that Chinese still speak the language which is thousands of years old? If true thats is civilization continuation unlike what Indians claim. Here is short history of dead language Sanskrit.

1: It has been dead for thousands of years.
2: It was never spoken by common people, let alone all over South Asia
3: It died because Pakistanis converted to Buddhism and left Vedic religion.
4: The hindus of India were dumb and so Sanskrit literature died with it.
5: Today not even 1 person in whole world speak Sanskrit as mother tongue.

Yes, chinese script has been around for thousands of years. Don't mean to brag, most historians agree we have world's oldest continuous language and culture.

I don't know much about Sanskrit, I've heard Indians claiming Sanskrit is oldest continuous, Sanskrit is the mother of all languages, LOL.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes, chinese script has been around for thousands of years. Don't mean to brag, most historians agree we have world's oldest continuous language and culture.

I don't know much about Sanskrit, I've heard Indians claiming Sanskrit is oldest continuous, Sanskrit is the mother of all languages, LOL.

It died when our ancestors stopped being Vedic and converted to Buddhism. While in India they continued to follow different and corrupted versions of religion Vedic with their own tribal customs which we call Hinduism today.

Your friend wholegrain told us Chinese script deviated leading different version in different region of China and it had to be standardized in China.

He also don't know anything about Sanskrit. :omghaha: Sanskrit was a language of literature for thousands of years and Emperors preferred Sanskrit to get their biography written, although new type of Pali/Prakrit or apabhramsha dialects evolved.

It died when our ancestors stopped being Vedic and converted to Buddhism. While in India they continued to follow different and corrupted versions of religion Vedic with their own tribal customs which we call Hinduism today.

Who told you Buddhism never used Sanskrit. :wacko::wacko:

Your friend wholegrain told us Chinese script deviated leading different version in different region of China and it had to be standardized in China:

Different fonts doesn't mean different script. :omghaha::omghaha:
There is only one chinese script, Korean and Japanese know it too.

the language that Indians speak today is it mutually intelligible to sanskrit? If it's not, then sanskrit is quite dead.

the language that Indians speak today is it mutually intelligible to sanskrit? If it's not, then sanskrit is quite dead.

Sanskrit is used in all Hindu household daily as it is the language of our scriptures. All school students must learn Sanskrit.

It is far from being dead.

I don't know why some of the Indian posters got insecure and attacked the OP. Sure he was a troll. But the post itself was meaningful and is an everyday phenomenon. The real issue is that there are people in India who think of Hindi as a de facto national language and expect everyone else to speak in Hindi. Well, there is the other side which saysone big f**k you to all of them. That does not mean India's unity gets threatened by such open discussions. We fight everyday over a thousand issues.

Just discuss the topic at hand and the OP would have gotten bored and left the thread alone :D

millions of Indian school kids learn Sanskrit in schools.

I heard even Mandarin and Cantonese are mutually unintelligible.

This won't be true if India is the only country that exists on the earth. Hindi was brought to the Indian subcontinent by the Aryan invaders. The invading people attempted to separate themselves from the Australoid natives by creating the caste system. But this system did not work out well as there are many race mixing now. The north Indians has less percentage of Australoid genes while south Indians has more Australoid genes.

I don't know why some of the Indian posters got insecure and attacked the OP. Sure he was a troll. But the post itself was meaningful and is an everyday phenomenon. The real issue is that there are people in India who think of Hindi as a de facto national language and expect everyone else to speak in Hindi. Well, there is the other side which saysone big f**k you to all of them. That does not mean India's unity gets threatened by such open discussions. We fight everyday over a thousand issues.

Just discuss the topic at hand and the OP would have gotten bored and left the thread alone :D

I asked a Tamil coworker once what would people of Tamil do if Indian government force Tamils to learn Hindi. Without hesitation, he stated that Tamil would leave India.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom