What's new

Why can't everyone access Lahore's libraries?

Your statement is true for the present situation but in the future private sector will become many times stronger and eventually the government will surrender to the private sector. It won't happen anytime soon but I truly believe that it will happen in the future.

Dar asal iss qaum ka potenshul bahut ziada hey, as always!

went with a friend with to lahore gymkhana circa 95-2000, wasnt allowed in cos I was either wearing jeans or joggers. friends father was a member and was taking me in as a guest. firangi chalay gaye, apnay kuttay chor gaye. had to jump through hoops in GC to get a pass/membership for QPL in lawrence gardens.

Why can't everyone access Lahore's libraries?

Finally, someone made a video about this. There are hardly any libraries in our tier 1 cities and the ones that do exist are difficult to access. Why doesn't anyone talk about this? Libraries offer free education and entertainment to the masses. It doesn't matter what your economic status is, you can come in and have free access to books that can inform and transform you. As gateways to knowledge and culture, libraries play a fundamental role in society. The resources and services they offer create opportunities for learning, literacy and education, and help shape the new ideas and perspectives that are central to a creative and innovative society. So I will ask again, why the hell don't people talk about this, especially the educated ones?

@ghazi52 @araz @The Eagle @The Accountant @That Guy @Irfan Baloch @PanzerKiel @AgNoStiC MuSliM @Imran Khan @PAKISTANFOREVER @waz @Windjammer @WinterFangs @KaiserX @niaz @farok84 @AZADPAKISTAN2009 @MastanKhan @krash @FOOLS_NIGHTMARE @Bilal Khan (Quwa) @Cookie Monster @Bratva @Foxtrot Alpha @Rafael @Rafi @Trango Towers @TNT @Indus Pakistan @Falcon26 @Norwegian @LeGenD @Iltutmish @notorious_eagle @Akh1112 @mingle @AZADPAKISTAN2009 @Horus @Ark_Angel @SQ8 @Goenitz @messiach @TaimiKhan @SecularNationalist @farok84 @Blacklight @Meengla @Ahmet Pasha @White and Green with M/S @Dalit @ARMalik @Sainthood 101 @Zibago @Jango @untitled @Reichsmarschall @Bleek @Dual Wielder @Smoke @RescueRanger @Trango Towers @Asimzranger @FuturePAF @Imad.Khan @forcetrip @baqai @blain2 @khail007 @N.Siddiqui @kingQamaR @Wergeland @PakAlp @Khan2727 @Great Janjua @VCheng
All libraries should be digitized and material should be available on internet.

went with a friend with to lahore gymkhana circa 95-2000, wasnt allowed in cos I was either wearing jeans or joggers. friends father was a member and was taking me in as a guest. firangi chalay gaye, apnay kuttay chor gaye. had to jump through hoops in GC to get a pass/membership for QPL in lawrence gardens.

That happened to me at the Pearl Continental hotel in lahore. I was wearing flip flops and they were like you can’t enter with flip flops. I told that dumb bastard that I’ve stayed at hotels all across the world and was never refused to enter because I was wearing flip flops. I asked the guy to get his manager and yelled at him in English(apparently pakeez get shook when someone starts speaking English fast in an American accent).

Afterwards, it was please saar, entaar saar. You are our guest saaar.

Then I replied with lun te charo and explained to them that PC hotel stands for panchod’aa da hotel.

This was in 2020. Kota khor lahoris think they are sophisticated because they found shoes to wear from lunda bazaar.

Last edited:
That happened to me at the Pearl Continental hotel in lahore. I was wearing flip flops and they were like you can’t enter with flip flops. I told that dumb bastard that I’ve stayed at hotels all across the world and was never refused to enter because I was wearing flip flops. I asked the guy to get his manager and yelled at him in English(apparently pakeez get shook when someone starts speaking English fast in an American accent).

Afterwards, it was please saar, entaar saar. You are our guest saaar.

Then I replied with lun te charo and explained to them that PC hotel stands for panchod’aa da hotel.

This was in 2020. Kota khor lahoris think they are sophisticated because they found shoes to wear from lunda bazaar.
My father has many stories like this, but almost all of them took place in airports instead of hotels. The fluent English trick always does its magic lol. These clowns know f**k all about sophistication. I recently posted a podcast on this forum in which the guest told a story about him and his American partner pitching the products and services of their agriculture firm. When he went to the Gujranwala Chamber of Commerce he was treated like sh*t and everything changed when he mentioned that his partner is white American. In his next meeting, he brings his American partner with him and the level of white worshipping that takes place in this meeting is nuts. Please watch this from 35:05 onwards, the whole segment almost killed me with laughter.

Back
Top Bottom