What's new

Why Arabs Lose Wars

[quote="Hazzy997, post: 5475334, member: 145988"

Train us then. :D

You know, in college, we used to have "surprise quizes" .....I am thinking of deploying the same method of practical training.

Some day, I'll just launch an invasion of Arab lands...kinda like a "surprise quiz" ...if Arab armies defended their territories, it mean they are on right path...and if they couldn't, well we'll see then what to do.[/quote]

Not Arabs, Palestinians. :D

the egyptian attack could never have done anything any army in the world out of the range of their air defence in open deserts this attack didnt help syria or Egypt this attack helped isreal and if not for airbone and commandos stoping isreali advance to ismalia and suez things would gone worse but after all Egypt accomplished her goals set from the start of the war

Egypt had a brilliant strategy to start with, by staying within the SAM cover.
The Israeli staff had a theory that Egypt needed a much better Air Force to be able to attack,
and they knew that the Soviets refused to sell Egypt what It wanted, so they did not really
believe that Egypt would attack until a few hours before the actual attack.

Advancing past the SAM cover then nullified the initial success and allowed the Israeli push
over the Suez canal, and the Israelis could then kill off the SAMs with combined arms ground forces.
Also resulted in the surrounding of Egypt's Third Army, and really nothing to stop an advance towards Kairo
except a U.N. resolution or direct Soviet intervention, so technically Egypt lost the war.
Israel of course lost its sense of total superiority it gained in the six-day war 1967.

The ensuing peace agreement was a win for both Israel and Egypt.

Egypt had a brilliant strategy to start with, by staying within the SAM cover.
The Israeli staff had a theory that Egypt needed a much better Air Force to be able to attack,
and they knew that the Soviets refused to sell Egypt what It wanted, so they did not really
believe that Egypt would attack until a few hours before the actual attack.

Advancing past the SAM cover then nullified the initial success and allowed the Israeli push
over the Suez canal, and the Israelis could then kill off the SAMs with combined arms ground forces.
Also resulted in the surrounding of Egypt's Third Army, and really nothing to stop an advance towards Kairo
except a U.N. resolution or direct Soviet intervention, so technically Egypt lost the war.
Israel of course lost its sense of total superiority it gained in the six-day war 1967.

The ensuing peace agreement was a win for both Israel and Egypt.
no we did not lose the war our objectives in the start
1 clear the bar liv line
2 advance and set up defensive postions within our air defence
3 wait for isreal counter attack and destroy it
4 inflict heavy losses on isreal untill they are ready to start peace talks and give us sainai back
we did all of this
the gap and crossing of isreals into africa
by the time they did cross they had already suffered heavy losses isreal with their limted manpower could not have countinue war for long isreali economy was in bad shape because the solder who was fighting was also the doctor or engineer or worker so in war their economy stop and they could coolopse if they fight any longer you say they could enter cairo they tried taking suez and ismalia small cites and failed
the surrounded 3rd army
3rd army could have attacked on 1 side even if they will die they would also take alot with them we had the republican gurds in cairo and we could have asked algira for help
we had the advantge of time and manpower
we made 1 mistake and we suffered for it but we won

In any case this post below of mine is very relevant and closes the debate once and for all.

What a stupid thread where a few moronic and envious trolls are roaming lose like animals that escaped from the local zoo.

Arabs created 3 of the 11 largest empires the world have ever seen. That's a better achievement than any other ethnic group in the top 15. So any criticism can only be laughed at especially by us Hijazis who created all that.

List of largest empires - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Also which Arabs is the article talking about? For all I know then the Arab world has not fought more than a few wars with non-Arabs in the past 100 years and most of them have been won. Outside of confrontations with USA - the world's undisputed superpower which attacked 1 Arab country (Iraq) and then an atomic power Israel that defeated 3-4 Arab armies while fighting for their very existence. No other Muslim countries could have done anything against those two countries.

Arabs were historically one of the strongest warriors as history is a clear witness of but today it's all about technology and for obvious reasons military powers like USA, Israel etc. will triumph against much worser equipped militaries.

Had those wars been fought centuries ago the outcome would have been different.

What are a bunch of foreigners doing in this thread badmouthing us when we ruled their countries or territories for centuries, conquered them religiously, culturally, linguistically and ethnically? :lol:

Stupid and useless thread.

@Aeronaut troll thread.

Laughable is it not? But it is PDF so expected.

@al-Hasani

This thread is not for Arab bashing, it's about discussing our modern strategy. Don't be offended so quickly.

@al-Hasani

This thread is not for Arab bashing, it's about discussing our modern strategy. Don't be offended so quickly.

Yes, but I just reacted to the many troll posts by foreigners that 1) firstly have no clue about the historical facts, 2) that are making dumb and untrue comments, 3) that troll on issues that do not concern them.

Also which lost wars against foreigners? Iraq lost twice against USA and the coalition. Big deal. Like anyone expected differently and like any country in the ME, Muslim or any non-atomic power would have won or ended differently.

On the other hand one Arab country (Iraq) did not lose against Iran which is a 2.5 more populous country (nearly) and 4 times bigger.

Oman nearly defeated the British Empire outside of their homeland in Eastern Africa and the Swahili Coast in the 1880's as the only non-European entity.

Isreal? That's already been discussed 4-5 times in this thread so it is pointless. 3-4 Arab countries took part directly against an atomic power that fought for their very existence and who fought from a defensive position. We all know what happened and that it is the past. 85% of all Arab countries had nothing to do with those 2 wars either.

Other than that which lost wars? The Arab countries that were occupied by foreigners defeated them and kicked them out by large and those who were never colonized are still standing to this day.

Of course the West have had an military edge for the past 400 years or so. No surprise. But we Arabs had it for nearly 1000 years and created 3 of the 11 largest empires in human history more than any other ethnic group in the top 15. Likewise we ME people were leading in warfare for thousands of years.

I don't know what those foreigners were expecting? That "we" would destroy USA?:omghaha:

Also what's all this nonsense of lack of nationalism? Arabs are one of the most nationalistic and proud people on earth. Everyone that knows Arabs know this. There would not be 20+ independent Arab countries had this not been the case.:cuckoo:

@al-Hasani

You know in 1948 we actually had control of almost all of Palestine and the Iraqi army kept going on the offensive until our commanders told our brigades to pull back and that's when Israel was flowing with weapons during the cease fire....

I really believe we could do it again but the modern aspect of war is different, they will threaten our civilian life to provide as their deterrence. I'm still disappointed no Arabs send weapons to Palestine.

@al-Hasani

You know in 1948 we actually had control of almost all of Palestine and the Iraqi army kept going on the offensive until our commanders told our brigades to pull back and that's when Israel was flowing with weapons during the cease fire....

I really believe we could do it again but the modern aspect of war is different, they will threaten our civilian life to provide as their deterrence. I'm still disappointed no Arabs send weapons to Palestine.

First of all Israel has the backing of the entire Western world with USA, UK, France, Germany at the helm. Basically all of NATO. Now an Arab world in a mostly chaotic state with internal wars and conflicts, political instability cannot in this time and age annihilate Israel and throw our Jewish cousins into the Red Sea or Mediterranean Sea. Israel is an atomic power and one of the military powers of the world and certainly ME region. They are battle-hardened as well.

Also in year 2013 few Arabs are willing to sacrifice their lives for Palestine or any entity. Palestinians included. Most want peace hence there is rarely any real military conflict going on. Let alone Muslims or people as such.

I have to say once again that the two state solution is the only way forward. History is sometimes a real bitch and it's a coincidence that Israel even exists today but it does and there is little I, you or anybody else can do.

Also to be honest. I am not against an Jewish homeland. It's not like we Arabs do not have space enough. But obviously as an Palestinian you look at it differently and understandably so. But whenever we Arabs discuss this cursed conflict is always mentioned. I mean it's getting tiring. No disrespect.

In any case before this turns into an Palestine-Israel debate I just wanted to give my two cents about this thread.

@al-Hasani

Let it get tiring, we're going to be busy starting conflicts in our nations and bragging about 'successes' we have arming groups. Yet we don't do a thing for Palestine, Palestinians are not afraid to fight, we defended ourselves in 2012.

This is mysterious you're saying this. We can do something about it, only Zionists and their collaborators want an occupying regime to be safe.

@al-Hasani

Let it get tiring, we're going to be busy starting conflicts in our nations and bragging about 'successes' we have arming groups. Yet we don't do a thing for Palestine, Palestinians are not afraid to fight, we defended ourselves in 2012.

This is mysterious you're saying this. We can do something about it, only Zionists and their collaborators want an occupying regime to be safe.

Doubt that anyone is bragging about anything when it comes to Syria. It's a tragedy. As was Libya where 30.000 people died. Of course none of that is anything compared to how the Europeans were killing each other off less than 69 years ago where 60 million lost their lives in WW2 and 20 million in WW1. Still not an example to follow but if you have dictatorships that are murdering their own people this can be the result.

This might sound surprising but as I see it the things are moving in the right direction. It's just a historical period with all those revolts and such periods are never pleasant anywhere as history has shown.

I actually consider it a little miracle that Egypt with a nearly 100 million big population was this peaceful and that most Arab countries that experienced revolts and removals of dictators were fairly peaceful with the exception of Libya and Syria.

Anyway not the thread for all this cheap talk.

Anyway what is your military solution? A realistic solution.

@al-Hasani

We can't at this moment come up with a realistic military solution. I just think if after this year no results are achieved through talks and neither the UN then we need to send weapons to the West Bank and Gaza. Jordan and Arabs can train them, in Gaza just send and they know what to do with them. The least that can be done is for Egypt to ease restrictions on Gaza and Arab world to take lead in West Bank. Why can't these minuscule things be done?

@al-Hasani

We can't at this moment come up with a realistic military solution. I just think if after this year no results are achieved through talks and neither the UN then we need to send weapons to the West Bank and Gaza. Jordan and Arabs can train them, in Gaza just send and they know what to do with them. The least that can be done is for Egypt to ease restrictions on Gaza and Arab world to take lead in West Bank. Why can't these minuscule things be done?

Education and more education. Doing the same things that the Israeli lobby has done so successfully since Israel's founding. Get vocal. Limit retards from influencing the cause in a negative way. Truly unite as a people regardless of whether you support the MB, are Muslim, Christian, left or right wing politically etc.

You want to send a few weapons that are no match for Israel? Then what? Why would Jordan or Egypt risk sanctions, wars etc. just to arm a few militants in Gaza or the West Bank?

None of that are foreseeable solutions. One should not pick up fights when one is the weaker party unless you have a bulletproof planned worked out or outside of it being in defense. I don't see that to be the case right now nor do I think that the regional situation is right for such solutions with a Syria burning next door, unrest in Egypt and partial although small unrest in Lebanon.

But that's just me. I don't rule any Arab country.

@al-Hasani

We won't use them, just as deterrence. Even if they sanction you the Arab world will be on its way to becoming free, we know very week we can't influence our region and the west is griping tight to it for our resources. If we become free it will be the greatest feeling ever and we would be on our way to dominate against all non Arabs. :D:

@al-Hasani

We won't use them, just as deterrence. Even if they sanction you the Arab world will be on its way to becoming free, we know very week we can't influence our region and the west is griping tight to it for our resources. If we become free it will be the greatest feeling ever and we would be on our way to dominate against all non Arabs. :D:

We already had our 1000 year long domination and created 3 of the 11 biggest empires the world have ever seen outside of our huge religious, linguistic and cultural influence. But the world is different today. We live in a globalized world. Today empires are long gone and money and education is king.

I am not sure what you mean with being free? Nobody in the Arab world who lives in states that have good ties/are allies with countries such as USA or the West feel limited for that reason. If anything only due to certain laws and rulers. But the outside world has little to do with this.

No country is 100% free in that way or self-reliant since we all depend on each other today.
I must say that I dislike politics and I am extremely tired of ME affairs.

Back
Top Bottom