What's new

Why America rejected India offer to get F-35 Fighter aircraft program

if the Americans "rejected" due to Indian acquisition of S400 missile defense then I am sure the Indians can work through lobbies to get special exemptions to get the F-35. Americans are already keen to bring them into Nuclear supplier group despite not signing the Nuclear test and NPT.
Yes as Indian Navy had the 4 LHD (Helicopter carriers) tender long time ago in 2010 so F-35B (VTOL) could have been under consideration of Indian Navy but not Indian Airforce.

chances for Navy were high as it is considering F/A-18E SuperHornet Block-III over Rafale-M for INS Vikrant aircraft carrier so it will be easier for Indian Navy to get F-35Bs but time will tell as Indian Navy scrapped the LHD Tender today which was expected as it was taking time and the specifications mentioned earlier became obsolete.

maybe Indian Navy will re-release the tender for them with specification requirement of current scenario and modern tech instead of going for 10 year old tech today.

so Indian Navy can consider the F-35B but only time will tell.

Come on man. Talk sense. If I was Bhadauria, I'd say the same thing to save face after such a rejection.

"I don't want Angelina Jolie and I never wanted her and I'll fully focus on my indigenous Pragya Thakur."
Bhadauria sir said it more than a year ago And this F-35 rejection news came recently just google it if you don’t believe.

Last edited:
The budget for PAKFA was USD 50 Billion. If you think the US doesn't want to take it then you really need psychiatric help. Fact is that F20 can be offered because there are very little questions aroubd tech transfer. If F 35 or F22 are involved there will be congress approval needed for tech transfer. Neither US Gov will be happy to give it, nor will Indian Govt accept without it. They are keeping out because they don't want to be a part of the gang-bang that will happen if either of those jets are offered.
No seriously whole India needs psychiatry+ psychology assistance urgently specially Modi godi for denial of facts totally.

India never requested for F35
If you can share an official source against this then go ahead
No need to have an elaborate duscussion based on a youtube video

Lockheed offered F35 if India buys 114 F16 BLK 70 or as Lockheed calls them , the F21

But India wont buy F21
Also USA Wont sell F35 to a country which operates S400
Hence the discussion is mute
The only US fighter which has a chance to enter Indian service is the F/A18 E/F Superhornet Block III
And thats because Indian Navy prefers it over the Rafale M, for INS Vikrant. Mainly on account of its 25% cheaper price tag and Foldable wings which would allow Vikrant to carry 30 F/A 18e/f in comparison to 22-24 Rafale M
You see, this is bull. Indian defence procurement has been a total transfer deadline day panic-go-round for about a year now. If F35 was offered, India would have snapped it up. You cannot prefer even 50 Rafales to 10 F35s. You are seriously misjudging the stealth capabilities of this jet that will be decisive against many adversaries.

No seriously whole India needs psychiatry+ psychology assistance urgently specially Modi godi for denial of facts totally.

The budget for Pak Fa was about 50 Billion. The only reason the Ruskies didn't get it was because despite decades of work, the final product is not up to mark. If you think that USA will not want that pile of cash, you really need psychatric help.
You see, this is bull. Indian defence procurement has been a total transfer deadline day panic-go-round for about a year now. If F35 was offered, India would have snapped it up. You cannot prefer even 50 Rafales to 10 F35s. You are seriously misjudging the stealth capabilities of this jet that will be decisive against many adversaries.

You think so? 150 Million a piece and no Tech transfer? India will 'snap it up'?

To Site Administration :
I would appreciate if you could please allow the post of F-35 fighter aircraft as it's crucial for informative content with the Indian Air force, thank you.
When India demanded F-35 at first place? We have our own fifth gen program.
Why you need to open a thread on a random YouTube video for fake propaganda? I have better options.

We long ago said we won’t import any foreign FGFA (F-35 or Su-57 etc).
P
The budget for Pak Fa was about 50 Billion. The only reason the Ruskies didn't get it was because despite decades of work, the final product is not up to mark. If you think that USA will not want that pile of cash, you really need psychatric help.

You think so? 150 Million a piece and no Tech transfer? India will 'snap it up'?
Pakistanis have been doing it, they didn’t went for ToT for the F-16s and today they need a country like China to make their planes😂.

From the US perspective;

1. India will use the S-400.
2. Technology leaked to the Russians.

From the Indian perspective;
1. India will have to rely on the US.
2. India wants to develop it's own fifth generation program.

I think they want India to buy F-21, variant of F-16 first then switch to probably F-35 at later stages.

Regarding the argument that India will have its own indigenous program. That's true but look at Tejas is which is dependent on many foreign imports like the engine from the United States, Radars from Israel, why?. because things require decades of research and development and take a lot of time. China just recently announced they will manufacture their homemade engines for fighter jets.

I think they want India to buy F-21, variant of F-16 first then switch to probably F-35 at later stages.

Regarding the argument that India will have its own indigenous program. That's true but look at Tejas is which is dependent on many foreign imports like the engine from the United States, Radars from Israel, why?. because things require decades of research and development and take a lot of time. China just recently announced they will manufacture their homemade engines for fighter jets.
Our Kaveri engine is ready but the only issue it had was that it can’t run after burners for a long time hence kaveri for tejas was scrapped and American GE-F404s were selected. Kaveri is not dead but is excellent for DRDO AURA (Ghatak) stealth drone.

our Uttam AESA Radar was too big to be fit in the nose cone of MK1 Tejas but the MK1A will come with GaN based Uttam AESA Radar in major proportion of order whereas initial Tejas MK1As will come with Israeli AESA Radars.

I guess you haven’t heard what our Air Chief Marshall RKS Bhadauria sir said...
”we will not import any 5th generation fighter aircraft and we will fully focus on our indigenous AMCA”.

We don’t need F-35.
Lolx had US agreed the india would have even s*cked trump off once again to get them... but US is once again showing indians their auqaat which is that of a Dalit in hinduism... 😆

And like Tejas took 35 years AMCA will improve on it and take 25 years... kuch 2004-05 se shuru hua tha ab 14 saal to ho gye and yet not even in prototype phase
LOL I feel sorry for poor Pakistani guy who have to use accented voice over to do propaganda against Indian air force.
When was it in voice over and seeing your grammar I can clearly guess the reason for your comment...

Yes

I saw a video of a pakistani youtuber who was saying the exact same thing, 5e channel name is haqeeqat tv, all propaganda no truth.
Indians talking about propaganda but forget they have largest amount of it to feed to their people
Our Kaveri engine is ready but the only issue it had was that it can’t run after burners for a long time hence kaveri for tejas was scrapped and American GE-F404s were selected. Kaveri is not dead but is excellent for DRDO AURA (Ghatak) stealth drone.

our Uttam AESA Radar was too big to be fit in the nose cone of MK1 Tejas but the MK1A will come with GaN based Uttam AESA Radar in major proportion of order whereas initial Tejas MK1As will come with Israeli AESA Radars.
And where was Kaveri tested ? 🤣🤣

You are paying 120 million per unit with no TOT with rafale as of now..

Last edited:
We long ago said we won’t import any foreign FGFA (F-35 or Su-57 etc).
P

Pakistanis have been doing it, they didn’t went for ToT for the F-16s and today they need a country like China to make their planes😂.
Bete Pakistan brought F16 to the region and it shifted the balance of air power more into Pakistans favour as for China helping us thats just Indian accusation to give them relief from failure of their own Samosa...

Pakistan started Kamra in 1973 and and today it builds 3 types of planes and does its own R&D and all that with a Air University aswell...

On other hand in same amount of time India made a jet of its own which apparently doesn't satisfy IAF...

And 58% JF17 is made in Pakistan and around 75% to 80% can be built but we are bound by workshare agreement... only thing is engine which is imported from Russia
Rafale deal was signed in 2016 dumbo plus it was being under consideration since 2006 when first MMRCA RFI was issued by IAF.
"Rafale hota to natija kuch or hota"
i know dumbo. but it wasn't until feb 2019 when you realized that Rafales might be dhoti saver for next time & fast tracked the deal to buy 5 units off the shelves.
Just tell him that so called 56 inch said "Rafale hota to natija kuch or hota"

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom