What's new

Who wins the Dragon-elephant contention?

Well I think right now if it comes between India and China one on one China will win albeit with much difficulty owing to better infrastructure and tough political decision making. But if we practically see such a scenario then this time round hostilities would not be limited to a land war only and would not be limited to a 2 nation match. So a Dragon vs Elephant would come out to a bloody draw.

It will take China atleast 15 more years to be in a position to start asserting itself over the world but thats a whole lot of time for India to catch up. Yes I know you guys have a higher growth rate and yes I also know that a higher base gives you advantage even if India grows at higher rate. But isn't this the same thing which you have been doing to the US. There might be certain disadvantages to being a diversified democracy but there are also certain advantages to it which if harnessed correctly can set India up very high very quickly.

No body wants a conflict but I think there'll be a limited conflict between the two countries in next 10-15 years over the border issues (that is if China does not have any conflict with USA first)

u r repeating some lines i wanted ur opinion, whats my opinion is, pak china friend ship is selfless, they dont worry abt the gains and dont measure the gains perticularly.. china some time provides pak wih interest free loans(if im correct) and by the sound of it, china loses good profit..

Sino-Pakistani friendship is based on mutual benefit and mutual respect. Both nations help each other. It has never been one way. Trade, or the profit stemming from it, is an important consideration but it is not the sole consideration. We have a ready example. China is Japan's biggest trading partner. It trade were the sole determining factor. Japan ought to be closest to China. That certainly is not the case at all. Shared interest and mutual trust take precedence over commercial gains.

Sino-Pakistani friendship is based on mutual benefit and mutual respect. Both nations help each other. It has never been one way. Trade, or the profit stemming from it, is an important consideration but it is not the sole consideration. We have a ready example. China is Japan's biggest trading partner. It trade were the sole determining factor. Japan ought to be closest to China. That certainly is not the case at all. Shared interest and mutual trust take precedence over commercial gains.

its not on mutual benifit ...may be on Pdf.
china made pakistan as dumping ground and provide them loans which are spent on their own projects and on their own labour
.yes,they give warnings for the pakistan against the west on regular bases.
and btw,U.S provided more aid to the pakistan then china..

its not on mutual benifit ...may be on Pdf.
china made pakistan as dumping ground and provide them loans which are spent on their own projects and on their own labour
.yes,they give warnings for the pakistan against the west on regular bases.
and btw,U.S provided more aid to the pakistan then china..

I understand that India does not see it the way we do and you are entitled to your opinion. Pakistan has been a great help to China in the region and in the much broader Islamic world. It has consistently stood by China through times good and bad. Others may not have noticed it but we certainly have. In dollar terms the US has provided Pakistan more. Lets' also not forget that US aid comes with strings attached. Our Pakistans friends should be in a better position to elucidate you on that. It's not for outsiders to judge. I happen to think that dignity is more important than aid to a pround nation.

The current world is controled by the west, If China and India want to change this, we need cooperate. These two giants had co-existed for thousands of years peacefully.

Back
Top Bottom