What's new

Who will Sikhs Support?

if there was nuclear war would sikhs not suffer the most?

since the punjab is dearest to sikhs and it is the punjab that would be the likely theatre of nuclear exchange. what would be left for sikhs if the punjab was destroyed?

the above is something i have heard a few times, what do people think about it?

Buddy if there was a nuclear exchange between India and Pakistan then Sikhs, Muslims, Christians, Jains, Hindus, Buddhists, Athiests, Jews and everybody else will be destroyed. Okay perhaps the Taliban in Pakistan may survive since they will crawl into their cockraoch holes and hide out there for another 200 years :rofl:

Buddy if there was a nuclear exchange between India and Pakistan then Sikhs, Muslims, Christians, Jains, Hindus, Buddhists, Athiests, Jews and everybody else will be destroyed. :

:partay: then lets start a nuke war atleast US will get rid of Indo-Pak.

what a waste thread :angry:...Is there anyone who find the heading offensive or its just me being a sikh falling into the trap??? Who will sikh support?? bloody hell as if Sikhs are separate entity and not indians...

Who will muslims support...who will christians support..who will Jains support..and for that matter who will South indians support..north east support...All this is bull ****...we all are indians and have shown on many occassions that when anyone threaten us we all are united like a wall....

Its as much as my india as anyone else's is...I love my country like people love theirs.. Khalistan was a slogan used by idiots to mislead the masses.. To add insult to injury even center under the leadership of Indira Gandhi did not handle the situation well and made the blunder of attacking Golden Temple...This caused lot of unrest among masses making them gullible which Khalistan supporters used to their advantage...but remember it was people of punjab who eventually rejected the terrorist and their propaganda and result is in front of us...

So all those members here who have even a glimpse of this impression that SIKHS will support pakistan or any adversary of India should do a reality check..Neither we did support anybody nor we will.. PERIOD

Mods - Do you really see any sense in this thread?? If not please close it...

what a waste thread :angry:...Is there anyone who find the heading offensive or its just me being a sikh falling into the trap??? Who will sikh support?? bloody hell as if Sikhs are separate entity and not indians...

Who will muslims support...who will christians support..who will Jains support..and for that matter who will South indians support..north east support...All this is bull ****...we all are indians and have shown on many occassions that when anyone threaten us we all are united like a wall....

Its as much as my india as anyone else's is...I love my country like people love theirs.. Khalistan was a slogan used by idiots to mislead the masses.. To add insult to injury even center under the leadership of Indira Gandhi did not handle the situation well and made the blunder of attacking Golden Temple...This caused lot of unrest among masses making them gullible which Khalistan supporters used to their advantage...but remember it was people of punjab who eventually rejected the terrorist and their propaganda and result is in front of us...

So all those members here who have even a glimpse of this impression that SIKHS will support pakistan or any adversary of India should do a reality check..Neither we did support anybody nor we will.. PERIOD

Mods - Do you really see any sense in this thread?? If not please close it...

Most Pakistanis does not know that Indian Army killed one of their former General Shabeg Singh with Bhindranwala during operation blue star. And if the Khalistan movement is completely dead why people like Bhai Dalgit Singh Bittu (refer to ytube video on 1st page of this thread) are still talking about it.
Also when number of times Bhinderanwala and other Sikh leaders clearly said that Sikhs are not Hindus, why Indian members are insisting that they are Hindus.
Also, till date KPS Gill the butcher of punjab and Gen Brar cannot move around without very tight security, why ,becouse Sikhs love them so much that every Sikh wants to take autograph form them.

About Gen Shabeg Singh
General Shabeg Singh belonged to Khiala village (earlier known as Khiala Nand Singhwala) of the Bhangus, about nine miles from Amritsar-Chogwan Road. He was the eldest son of Sardar Bhagwan Singh and Pritam Kaur, and had three brothers and a sister. He traced his lineage to great Sikh warrior, Bhai Mehtab Singh Bhangu who along with Bhai Sukha Singh slew the notorious Massa Rangar in 1740 and thus avenged the desecration of the Golden Temple. The family was well-to-do and prosperous and had sizeable land holding of over 100 acres. Sardar Bhagwan Singh was the village Lambardar. Nand Singh was the great-grandfather of Shabeg Singh.

From his early childhood Shabeg Singh displayed leadership qualities and above-average intelligence. He would often spontaneously composed extemporaneous verses to caricature interesting village personalities. He displayed a keen interest in history and literature and his village teachers were impressed with his intellectual ability. They advised Sardar Bhagwan Singh and Pritam Kaur to send him to a school. He was sent to the Khalsa College in Amritsar for secondary education, and later to the Government College in Lahore for higher education.

Shabeg Singh was an outstanding football and hockey player, and excelled in athletics. At the age of 18 years he had equaled the India records in 100 meters sprint and was the District Broad jump champion. However, even though he had a natural ability for sports he did not wish to pursue that as a career, his mind was on the army, which was considered a noble profession. He excelled in studies and generally topped his class.

[edit] Indian Army
This section does not cite any references or sources. Please help improve this article by adding citations to reliable sources. Unsourced material may be challenged and removed. (June 2009)

In 1940, an officers selection team visiting Lahore colleges were looking for fresh recruits to the Indian Army officers cadre. Out of a large number of students, who applied, Shabeg Singh was the only one to be selected from Government College. After training in the officer training school, he was commissioned in the second Punjab Regiment as a Second Lieutenant. Within a few days the Regiment moved to Burma and joined the war against the Japanese, which was then in progress. In 1944 when the war ended, he was in Malaya with his unit. After partition, when reorganization of the regiments took place, he joined the Parachute brigade as a Paratrooper. He was posted in the 1st para battalion in which he remained till 1959.

In 1952, Shabeg Singh's younger brothers Sardar Shamsher Singh, Sardar Jaswant Singh along with their brother-in-law shifted to Haldwani in the Terrai area of Uttar Pradesh after having bought farmlands there. In 1957, Jaswant Singh died.

General Shabeg had a flair for history, and he loved reading about military generals and campaigns. Besides English and Hindi, he could speak fluent Punjabi, Persian, Urdu, and Gorkhali. He was an instructor in the Military Academy at Dehra Dun, and held a number of important staff appointments in various ranks. In the army he had a reputation of being fearless officer and one who did not tolerate any nonsense. During the course of his service in the Indian army, Shaheg Singh fought in every war that India participated in.

Although he had a brilliant military career, including being an instructor in the prestigious Joint Services Wing of the Indian Military Academy, Major General Shabeg Singh was discharged from Indian Army without court martial one day before his retirement, thus losing part of his pensions. Singh took his case to the civil courts, but with no avail.

[edit] Operation Blue Star
After his dismissal, Shabeg Singh joined Jarnail Singh Bhindranwale.[2] He organised the Khalistan activists present at the Harmandir Sahib (Golden Temple) in Amritsar in June 1984. He was killed in Operation Blue Star, the Indian Army's action on the Golden Temple complex to flush out the militants.

[edit]

Last edited:
Guys ..the intention of this thread was to get us agitated. Don't you think the guys here would have googled all that to find out? why cant we Indians learn to ignore such silly and baseless threads? The more you reply the more conspiracy stories you have to hear. That is the agenda for some people, get emotions high when all we have to do is ignore..

Guys ..the intention of this thread was to get us agitated. Don't you think the guys here would have googled all that to find out? why cant we Indians learn to ignore such silly and baseless threads? The more you reply the more conspiracy stories you have to hear. That is the agenda for some people, get emotions high when all we have to do is ignore..

Yes man. I think some Pakistanis are so much deep into conspiracy theories and propaganda that they think India is a house-divided. It is amusing to see them rant on silly things! May be they are seeing their own mirror and wondering the same is not the case with India.

If you read their posts you would see - like Indian Muslims hate India - when Ejzar came and said that he loves India, then they picked on Dalits and then Christians. A guy from Goa commented being Christian he loves India. And deckingraj - a Sikh said he loves India too! And what is left is now upper-caste Kafirs - I think next thread might about that! Silly them!

What a retarded thread.

Obviously there are some Sikhs who demand for a separate state and have anti-India feelings.

Obviously the majority of Sikhs think that those demanding for a separate state are themselves retarded.

Obviously majority of Sikhs will die for India if need be and history proves it - look at the Indo-Pakistani wars.

Obviously the Sikhs think of themselves to be an integral part of India and feel this natural bond with Hindus (the feeling is mutual).

And obviously... Khalistan movement is long dead. Not a single Khalistan movement related activity has ever taken place in India since 1985. All of these "Khalistanis" are hiding in other countries and if they ever decide to return to India and cause trouble, the Sikhs and Hindus of the Indian Army will be ready for them.

this thread was started in 2008 and its 2009 has come to almost end so sikhs ar with us manmohan has gone on to become PM for 2nd time and no part of india is broken or running away

All the Sekihs I know they have this strange symbol on their cars , recently I found this symbol means well seikh land for themselves - I was quite shocked as this symbol now is on 99% of Seikhn community that feld India post the offensive in India against Seikhs

All the Sekihs I know they have this strange symbol on their cars , recently I found this symbol means well seikh land for themselves - I was quite shocked as this symbol now is on 99% of Seikhn community that feld India post the offensive in India against Seikhs

4cadb6a029789414c8ff5a6216de4790._.png

Is this the symbol you are talking about.

Read this for more information on this:

http://www.sikhiwiki.org/index.php/Khanda

here the pot is calling the kettle black.

Where has this come from ?

Buddy if there was a nuclear exchange between India and Pakistan then Sikhs, Muslims, Christians, Jains, Hindus, Buddhists, Athiests, Jews and everybody else will be destroyed. Okay perhaps the Taliban in Pakistan may survive since they will crawl into their cockraoch holes and hide out there for another 200 years :rofl:

no but really, if the punjab is destroyed and if there holy cites are also subsequently destroyed or cannot be ever visited then the origins of their entire cultural and religious identity is gone.

in such a disastrous scenario it is possible that people will retreat into civilisational fault lines such as hindu/sikh/muslim - that is if you believe huntington's thesis on how the world is - so if worse comes to worst hindu's will have other parts of india which will be symbolic of hinduism left not destroyed, pakistani's will have mecca which will be untouched and the sikhs will have....

this is something that some sikhs have wondered out aloud to me and also how some pakistani's see the situation....

Back
Top Bottom