What's new

Who will be next Finance Minister (FM) of Pakistan?

I bet someone from PDF with an economics degree could do a better job....
Get 100% Tax
Balance on Import and Exports.

Get rid of corrupt bureaucracy technocrats.

Capital punishment on electric and gas thefts.

Balance of granting funds to provinces, the provinces are richer than central Govt.

I think if we work on this honestly even a metric fail can run your economy but again the “ honesty and can do attitude “

Import an economist if there is no candidate in Pakistan. Do it by merit, like the ottomans used to do. I don't care what God he believes in or what cultural background he is from, as long as he has he skills and the will to give this country what it needs.

halaka....you have been watching Ertugrul?

On a serious note i agree with you. An empire from 700 yrs ago did things better than whats happening in Pakistan in the 21st century.

halaka....you have been watching Ertugrul?

On a serious note i agree with you. An empire from 700 yrs ago did things better than whats happening in Pakistan in the 21st century.
Nope, read a textbook and letters of the onld emperors

Simple. The entrenched economic mafia or as I call them the 'rentier class' running their franchises that use state monopoly to gouge the Pakistani consumer. They won. As @Mangus Ortus Novem said they have deep, deep penetration and in a weak coalition government like what we have I can't see PM IK turfing them out. Maybe in a Presidential system, a military dictatorship [although even they have stayed clear of disturbing the status quo order] or PM IK's gets a overwhelming mandate in next elections which is highly doubtful given the cleavages we have in Pakistan.
I have to admit some of the problems were created or let them be created by the Pak Deep State to cater for the "Lesser Devil" options. Now, they need to come forth to sort this out. Without the "Civil" face it can't be done. In Turkey the same is occurring...

Thanks to Asad Umar and PTI govt and IMF wants these serious things disclosed:

The IMF insists on full disclosure of all financial cooperation between Pakistan and China, including assistance related to infrastructure development, nuclear power plants, joint manufacturing of JF-17 Thunder fighter jets and procurement of submarines. The IMF is also demanding details of more than USD 6.5 billion of commercial loans Pakistan has received from China in the past two and a half years. In July, China also deposited USD 2 billion with the State Bank of Pakistan.The finance minister is likely to visit China on April 25 for talks on the IMF concerns over CPEC and IMF will wait to hear from him before it finalises the bailout package, the daily reported.

Back
Top Bottom