What's new

Who was the Greatest Emperor in South Asian History?

Who was the Greatest emperor in South Asia?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Dudeeeeee..Suryavarman is a sanskrit name and south east is pretty much sanskritized and I dont find name a concrete proof of his ethnicity.

Second 7am arivu exagerated many things

If that is case Maravarman sundrara pandian , Jadavarman sundara pandian , Varagnavarman are not tamil kings? :rofl: I see

Balochi's are damn stupids like you? actually you people don't know anything about history , madarassa educational need to improve at smaller extent.
u damn nero wat was ur education before the coming of the british :lol:

There is huge number of Tamil-Brahmi inscriptions in the walls of angkorwat. will that also be written by south east asians??

Yes...

South East Asia, except Vietnam was heavily influenced by Indian culture.

Even today in Muslim Indonesia you can find Indonesians with Sanskrit names.

The influence is there not through war, but trade between the two.

Who was Bharat then???

I thought a king called Bharat was the first to rule entire sub-continent??? Or is that just mythology???

Also, when and why did Bharat pita become Bharat mata??? Isn't Bharat a male name???

The country always existed and was always a motherland,the country got its name of bharat from bharat.

An Emperor whos not even on the list. Alaudin Khilji. He saved the subcontinent from the Mongol menace several times whilst Persia, Central Asia And Iraq fell. These regions were devastated to put it mildly by the Mongols. The subcontinent did not suffer the same fate but rather grew and prospered during this period.

he was just an abusive king,nothing more.

No I meant "varman" was a common sanskrit name which was present all over India and south east asia and hence we cannot conclusively say that he is a Tamil just from his name.

These guys are Tamil too ?

Varman dynasty - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Wen I said all varman's are tamils? you told varman is sanskrit word so suryavarman not a tamil king, I replied that some varman's were tamils kings.

bro Suryavarman was not a tamil he was south east asian .

May be I never said he is a tamil king , I only talked about the surname(Sanskrit) usage among tamil kings.

Cholas were anything but secular.

They were hardcore Shaivites, a result of the Bhakti movement, who also indulged in spreading the religion.

Rest I agree.

yes,they revolutionzed the sacred.

The greatest,for sure.

The impact is still there.

Yes...

South East Asia, except Vietnam was heavily influenced by Indian culture.

Even today in Muslim Indonesia you can find Indonesians with Sanskrit names.

The influence is there not through war, but trade between the two.

why a king has to make inscriptions in ancient tamil-brahmi words?? In combodia everyone knows tamil at that time or used tamil as their ruling language to wrote in tamil?? why they have to wrote the inscriptions in some other language instead of their mother tongue??

Wen I said all varman's are tamils? you told varman is sanskrit word so suryavarman not a tamil king, I replied that some varman's were tamils kings.

May be I never said he is a tamil king , I only talked about the surname(Sanskrit) usage among tamil kings.

Bro you need to understand what people say before jumping on them..where did I say Tamil kings never used the "varman" surname ? and in case you did not know other tamil kings with varman surname - mahendravarman, mamallan narasimha varman etc are there.

This is what I said,

No I meant "varman" was a common sanskrit name which was present all over India and south east asia

All over India means Tamil Nadu also. It was not a name unique to Tamil kings and hence we cannot say Suryavarman was a Tamil just based on his name.

Sanskrit is not alien to Tamil and many tamil words are mixed with sanskrit.

Back
Top Bottom