What's new

Who was the Greatest Emperor in South Asian History?

Who was the Greatest emperor in South Asia?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I want to vote but seems to be a problem voting thru mobile but will definitely do so thru lap top after recharging my internet balance.It is really surprising to see chandra maurya leading by such a big margin.This being a pakistani forum i though aurangazeb would have more votes but he hardly seems to be even in contest.Glad to know that there are so many people out here who feel CGM as the all time greatest emperor of south asia.

Chandragupta has a mysterious aura,the meteoric rise,the meeting with alexander,defeating the greeks,first emperor,enormous conquests,plus super paranoid life with greek and indian female bodyguards and such,plus suddenly left the throne at the height of his power and life,converts to jainism then starves himself to death.Have to agree a most interesting life.

Ashoka, no doubt about that. It was his efforts that led to the spread of buddism outside the subcontinet. Akbar comes second, IMO

What ? Something mythical about him too ?

Chandragupta was extremely paranoid,had all his food tasted.Kept his standing army just outside the capital city so he wouldn't be surprised by anyone like dhanananda was by chandragupta himself,he never slept on the same bed.He literally had hundreds of beds and never used the same one twice.He also had an all female bodyguard of indian and greek women because he didn't trust men.Add to that chanakya and a massive empire wide spy network,yeah he was paranoid to the core lol.

No other king in the history of India could have the kind of control Chandragupta Maurya had all over his empire.. No one can doubt it as Chanakya was the brain behind it!! Most of the invasion in his times were repulsed. He confronted a Macedonian invasion force led by Seleucus I in 305 BC and forced Seleucus to cede Gandhara and Arachosia (centered around ancient Kandahar) and areas south of Bagram (corresponding to the extreme south-east of modern Afghanistan). He is said to have introduced Buddhism in Afghanistan..

Next to him can only be Ashoka - Another great warrior king!!

there are some more great rulers in our history like harshavardahna, pulikesin2, sri krishnadevaraya and hyder ali few of the rulers who are more than victorious in their campaigns..

WTF Chandragupta Vikramaditya has only 2 votes I mean his era was said to be golden era in Indian history right

WTF Chandragupta Vikramaditya has only 2 votes I mean his era was said to be golden era in Indian history right

I think people had to make hard choice between Chandragupta Maurya and Chandragupta Vikramaditya. Both are greatest Indian kings.

Chandragupta Maurya and Akbar

IMO opinion both have been the greatest emperors of South Asia.

Back
Top Bottom