What's new

Who Was The Best Fighter Pilot Ever ?

My vote would be for Hans-Joachim Marseille. There were other German aces with a higher kill count, but Marseille's was the highest against Western fighters; French, British, American. He scored 158 kills, all against western flown aircraft in an amazingly short period of time, before his untimely death. He was also a first class bon vivant, cut-up, ladies man, and one of the many Luftwaffe heroes who despised the Nazi's, (As did Galland, "Macky" Steinhoff, Molders, etc). A gallant warrior, news of his accidental death even elicited both relief but sadness among those he fought.

lw-capt-hans-joachim-marseille-a-hermann.jpg

Lieutenant Hiroyoshi Nishizawa:

k_ace006.jpg

nishizawa.jpg

It is possible that Nishizawa was the most successful Japanese fighter ace of the war; he personally claimed to have had 87 aerial victories at the time of his death.

prä- jet time: Erich Hatrmann from Germany with 352 codfirmed kills.

jet-time: Giora Epstein from israel with 17 confirmed kills.

I believe Hans Ulrich Rudel was the greatest Pilot of all times, Rudel flew 2,530 combat missions claiming a total of 2,000 targets destroyed; including 800 vehicles, 519 tanks, 150 artillery pieces, 70 landing craft, nine aircraft, four armored trains, several bridges, a destroyer, two cruisers, and the Soviet battleship Marat. The most highly decorated German serviceman of the war, Rudel was one of only 27 military men to be awarded the Knight's Cross of the Iron Cross with Oak Leaves, Swords and Diamonds, and the only person to be awarded the Knight's Cross of the Iron Cross with Golden Oak Leaves, Swords and Diamonds Germany's highest military decoration at the time.

“Only he is lost who gives himself up for lost”
—Hans-Ulrich Rudel

Muhammad Mahmood Alam (Urdu: محمد محمود عالم‎) (known as "M.M. Alam"; born Muhammad Mahmud Alam; 6 July 1935 – 18 March 2013) was[2] a Pakistani fighter pilot, North American F-86 SabreFlying aceand one-star general who served with the Pakistan Air Force. Squadron Leader Muhammad Mahmud Alam, Commander of No 11 Squadron, was already a notable leader and highly experienced pilot in 1965, when he was awarded the Sitara-e-Jurat ("The star of courage"), a Pakistanimilitary decoration, for his actions during the Indo-Pakistani War of 1965. In earning his decorations, Alam downed five Indian aircraft in less than a minute – the first four within 30 seconds – establishing a world record. He also excelled in gunnery competition, a skill that without a doubt contributed greatly to his becoming the first and the only jet ace in one mission.

Well, I'm not good at history. So I don't know ;( But Custom-Essays-Online always offers originla essays on history :)

Erich Hartmann aka Bubi of course
Hartmann was excellent, no doubt, but all his kills were against a Red Air Force that was of very poor quality until late in the war, having been savagely purged and their moral wrecked, by Stalin. Even Hartmann admitted that a large amount of his kills was in shooting down green Russian pilots with very little training. It's why I chose Marseille over him.

images-2.jpeg

Erich Alfred Hartmann (19 April 1922 – 20 September 1993)

Hartmann was excellent, no doubt, but all his kills were against a Red Air Force that was of very poor quality until late ....
Sir he had shot down quite a few P-51 Mustangs flown by American pilots

Marseille
Well yes that's a completely different story but my fav is still Hartmann even if your enemies are noobs (only in early years of war btw) shooting down 350 aircraft is a marvelous achievement. Not only that but he never actually got captured or shot down.

Back
Top Bottom